Oh, hell (frozen over)

Page 3 of 3<123
January 25th, 2016 at 1:34:04 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I think I got it.

They find two ships, with one maneuvering into position. In fact, they spot the system because a routine survey light-months away spots a very small flare away from the surface of one of the stars. This way they know the ships use fusion drives, and to measure residual radiation to get relative ages.

Anyway, the first two ships contain an assortment of tombs, from ornate and opulent to plain and barely big enough to hold one dead alien. There are also "temples," gardens and winding gravel paths. In these ships they are allowed in, eventually, and strike a kind of rapport with the robot caretakers, which is hard since the robots cannot talk (that's an important plot point). Under the inner surface of the ships, there is support equipment (fusion reactors, pipes of various types, etc.), hangars, small ships and workshops. The third ship only has reactors, some pipes and one ship. It's also thinner under the inner surface.

And inside it there are no gardens, no paths, and only a very small "temple." the rest is taken up by thickly built, row-upon-row of very tall, very wide buildings, each containing thousands of... well, that would be telling.

And I have an ending.

I can also still call it "The Third Necropolis" without giving the ending away (yay!)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 11th, 2016 at 6:07:14 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Now I got it.

Here's the next to last line:

"No," said Caroline. "I want you to stay because I want you to stay."
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
Page 3 of 3<123