the death of coal?

January 6th, 2019 at 5:08:59 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
This article has some interesting points about why windmills aren't doing as advertised. It also has some very pertinent links included. https://www.masterresource.org/droz-john-awed/25-industrial-wind-energy-deceptions/

"as its promoters pushed the fact that wind turbines did not produce CO2 while generating electricity (which is false: see #5 below).

Just looking at the “warming” aspect, multiple studies have concluded that large-scale industrial wind energy development actually increases atmospheric temperatures. See this MIT study. This more recent Harvard study concluded that wind energy increased regional temperatures more than coal does (!)."

"20 – The claim that wind energy is “green” or “environmentally friendly” is laugh-out-loud hilarious – except for the fact that the reality is not funny at all. Consider just one part of a turbine, the generator, which uses considerable rare earth elements (2000± pounds per MW).

The mining and processing of these metals has horrific environmental consequences that are unacknowledged and ignored by the wind industry and its environmental surrogates."
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 6th, 2019 at 6:00:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: petroglyph
This article has some interesting points about why windmills aren't doing as advertised.

I brought up what a joke windpower was a
few weeks and was basically laughed
at by the Libs here.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2019 at 6:14:40 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Evenbob
at by the Libs here.
It is unfortunate that the wind salespeople are actually so good at their job.

Hundreds of millions of dollars have now went into subsidizing "alternative energy" as green. Now all that money is stranded out in some cornfield, waiting to fail.

It turned political like so much else. That link I put up, really has a lot of truth in it. IMO, nuke is the way to go, or geothermal. It's fine to experiment with alternative generation, for instance tidal. I was following a tidal generation test off the Oregon coast.

In the article it explains that for every windmill, an alternate [usually gas] generator has to be standing by for demand load. Wind power on a commercial scale is a sham.

What PO's me on a personal level, is the amount of raptors these things kill, with the signature and express permission of this POTUS and the last. If an electric company finds a dead eagle below a powerline, it sets in motion reams of paperwork and investigation by fish and game, studies done about how to prevent it from happening again. These windmills practice wanton slaughter of birds.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
January 6th, 2019 at 7:08:28 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote:
in a post on his group's blog MasterResource.org. IER has received funding from fossil fuel and utility interests, including the Koch network, coal producer Peabody Energy, and the Edison Electric Institute. The group also has strong ties to the Trump administration.

https://www.ecowatch.com/wind-production-tax-credit-2517400737.html
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2019 at 7:44:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: petroglyph

What PO's me on a personal level, is the amount of raptors these things kill, with the signature and express permission of this POTUS and the last. If an electric company finds a dead eagle below a powerline, it sets in motion reams of paperwork and investigation by fish and game, studies done about how to prevent it from happening again. These windmills practice wanton slaughter of birds.

I imagine cars are killing animals a thousand fold by comparison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
January 6th, 2019 at 7:49:55 PM permalink
kenarman
Threads: 14
Quote: rxwine
https://www.ecowatch.com/wind-production-tax-credit-2517400737.html

I don't imagine you actually took the time to read that long article and follow the many sources he linked to. Read it with an open mind might balance some of your views. I read lots of studies that don't stroke my own positions and ego.
"but if you make yourselves sheep, the wolves will eat you." Benjamin Franklin
January 6th, 2019 at 8:42:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: kenarman
I don't imagine you actually took the time to read that long article and follow the many sources he linked to. Read it with an open mind might balance some of your views. I read lots of studies that don't stroke my own positions and ego.

My position is we should be developing wind power unless or until it can be proven we should not be developing wind power. Period.

I could easily compile a long list of all the problems with other means of energy production over the years, some which have come and gone , but you should already be aware that didn't stop anyone from developing them anyway.
January 6th, 2019 at 10:41:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine
My position is we should be developing wind power unless or until it can be proven we should not be developing wind power. Period.

It's already been proven. As Warren Buffet said,
without the gov't propping it up, there would
no wind power. It's rinky dink technology, it's
something the Hobbits would use to power
Middle Earth.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 6th, 2019 at 10:48:12 PM permalink
rxwine
It's already been proven. As Warren Buffet said,
without the gov't propping it up, there would
no wind power.

No one is infallible.
https://www.cnbc.com/2017/12/15/warren-buffetts-failures-15-investing-mistakes-he-regrets.html
January 7th, 2019 at 2:21:45 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
at by the Libs here.

Wind is a thing that libs can sit around a college town coffeehouse and talk about how great it is. How "limitless" it is. They think it just produces untold jigawatts of power. But the people talking about it probably do not even know which color wire in the romex is the "hot" and which is the negative. The mine to get all the rare earths needed is in China, where they will never see it.

Oh, and don't put the windmills where they can see them. Don't put them offshore, where they would be more effective. Keep them out in the country where the hicks plow the fields and farm the farm.

There is a reason coal, oil, and gas displaced wind as a power source.
The President is a fink.