LARP Trek

November 26th, 2012 at 10:59:24 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
If you're a TNG/DS9 fan, this is gold. It's only 7 strips in, but I think it has massive promise based on the strips so far.

LARP Trek.

The premise is that the holodeck on the Enterprise-D has broken down, and Geordi leads the crew in a game of role-playing. What are they role-playing? The plot of Deep Space 9!!!!!

Note: that link will take you to the front page, which in the convention of webcomics, is the most recent post. Click the "FIRST" link to start at the beginning.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob
November 27th, 2012 at 7:11:49 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: AcesAndEights
The premise is that the holodeck on the Enterprise-D has broken down,

I'll look it up later. But I must say the premise is far-fetched. Who's ever heard of a holo-anything (deck, suite, novel, character, etc) breaking anywhere in the Trek universe? :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 27th, 2012 at 6:28:13 PM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
I think it is just shy of genius, a few of them are boring, but it may get even better!

Quote:
"...his (Riker's) face is just a straight-up sex thermometer."

Thank God I am not the only heterosexual male that noticed this.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
November 28th, 2012 at 7:30:11 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I read it. It's ok.

I've liked satirical crossover fan fiction a lot better. I didn't bookmark the links, but there were some very funny stories involving meetings between the crews of Babylon 5 and DS9. I made a couple of funny taglines out of the idea:

Kira: Ambassador, how did your meeting with the Prophets go?
Kosh: Amateurs!

And:

Sisko: Welcome to Deep Space Nine.
Sheridan: Nine? Wow! You people are freaking persistent!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
July 9th, 2013 at 10:47:12 AM permalink
miplet
Threads: 8
Any one still reading this? It's on 100 now. I just read the first few.
"...remind me of clue: Colonel Mustard in the billiard room with the candlestick."- Derek Morgan
July 9th, 2013 at 11:25:21 AM permalink
Mission146
Administrator
Threads: 23
Quote: miplet

Yes and no, I occasionally check out the most recent few. It's somewhat stale, but nothing Josh Millard can do about it, it's like a really excellent video game that has no replay value.
"War is the remedy that our enemies have chosen..let us give them all they want." William T. Sherman
July 14th, 2013 at 10:06:38 PM permalink
AcesAndEights
Threads: 6
Quote: miplet

I'm actually waaaay behind. I haven't given up on it, just been super busy with work lately (hence not being around here or WoV much lately), so I'm behind. But I'll catch up one of these days.
"You think I'm joking." -EvenBob