Penalty for Theft

Page 2 of 3<123>
August 10th, 2015 at 12:21:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4890
Empty a carton of premium brand cigarettes and fill it with the cheapest awful brand you know of and leave it for the thieves.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
August 10th, 2015 at 1:10:36 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 10970
Leave a couple of empty cartons on the seat
and wire up the doors so a spot light goes
off when a door is opened and an alarm
goes off. I have motion detector lights
outside that work great. Very bright just
on AA batteries and they last a long time.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 10th, 2015 at 1:24:33 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 313
Posts: 10670
Quote: rxwine
Empty a carton of premium brand cigarettes and fill it with the cheapest awful brand you know of and leave it for the thieves.


I'd check the local and federal product tampering laws first.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
August 10th, 2015 at 4:33:59 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3115
Quote: Evenbob
You don't know what a personal invasion
it is till it happens to you.


For real. It's only ever happened once before. Someone came into my garage after I had split from the wife and the house was vacant. Got me for a shop vice and a table mounted grinding wheel. Maybe $250 all told. It's a very weird feeling. Like, I get mad sometimes. I've been mad a lot. But this is a whole different level of anger. The kind that makes you smile. The kind that leads somewhere ugly. Man, it really pisses me off.

Quote: petroglyph
I determined I wouldn't shoot someone for a tank of gas, I would/did fire a warning round. With favorable results, what about a starter pistol?


This is NY. Even antiques that only ever rest on a mantle are considered firearms, and I have little doubt that even a starter pistol would open me up for Discharging Within 500' of a Dwelling. Not to mention I'd probably be labeled as "suffering from an unstable mental state", and the Troopers would come for all my guns. No way.

Quote: AZDuffman
Can you somehow taint a smoke or several? Nothing to kill someone, just make them really sick for a few hours.


I might have majored in chem, but I'm no Walter White. Poison is a women's weapon. This kid needs a whoopin'.

Quote: RedNeckerson
That sucks man. Here in Texas you'd have every right to dole a good old fashioned ass kicking.

A shooting might be a tough sell though. Even here in Texas.


I ain't gonna shoot anybody. But an ass kicking must happen. It just has to. I don't wanna maim him. He just has to pay the price. A copay and a few hours at the ER will suffice. I ain't got no priors and I'm ready to cash it in.

Alternatively, if I can scare him so bad he s#$%s his pants, I will consider the debt paid in full =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 10th, 2015 at 4:58:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 10970
Quote: Face
He just has to pay the price. A copay and a few hours at the ER will suffice. I ain't got no priors and I'm ready to cash it in.


These things never work out like you
think they will. Never. Concentrate
on getting lights and alarm doing
their job and less on revenge. You
don't want to piss somebody off so
much that they target you in a never
ending jihad where they're out to
get you and you're worried all the time.

Real life is not like a TV show where
it's all cleaned up nicely in 30min.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 10th, 2015 at 5:23:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 313
Posts: 10670
Quote: Face
I ain't gonna shoot anybody. But an ass kicking must happen. It just has to. I don't wanna maim him. He just has to pay the price. A copay and a few hours at the ER will suffice. I ain't got no priors and I'm ready to cash it in.


Satisfying as that might prove to be, what's the penalty for assault? Getting back at a thief is not a valid defense. Do you want to go to jail and leave your son in the care of someone else?

No two-bit crook is worth the price you may pay.
If Trump where half as smart as he thinks he is, he'd be twice as smart as he really is.
August 10th, 2015 at 7:14:30 PM permalink
Face
Administrator
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 61
Posts: 3115
Quote: Evenbob
These things never work out like you
think they will. Never. Concentrate
on getting lights and alarm doing
their job and less on revenge. You
don't want to piss somebody off so
much that they target you in a never
ending jihad where they're out to
get you and you're worried all the time.


Quote: Nareed
Satisfying as that might prove to be, what's the penalty for assault? Getting back at a thief is not a valid defense. Do you want to go to jail and leave your son in the care of someone else?

No two-bit crook is worth the price you may pay.


C'mon, the both of you. I'm trying to get fired up here and you're being all reasonable =p

It's a punk kid. Of the 5 who I think it could be, I know each and every one of their parents / guardians. I ain't gonna maim 'em.

I was about to say it wasn't even assault, but I guess this thread provided the "intent" portion that would make it so. But I have no priors, so there's that =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 10th, 2015 at 7:16:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 106
Posts: 10970
Like I said, revenge is never what you think
it's going to be. I don't like pissing off
people who know where I live.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 10th, 2015 at 8:39:01 PM permalink
rxwine
Member since: Oct 24, 2012
Threads: 118
Posts: 4890
Quote: Evenbob
I don't like pissing off
people who know where I live.


What about the rest of us?

lol.
No one has ever proven I am not God.
August 10th, 2015 at 9:22:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Member since: Aug 3, 2014
Threads: 12
Posts: 1882
Quote: Face
But this is a whole different level of anger. The kind that makes you smile.


Quote:
I ain't gonna shoot anybody.
Counting coup, then? : )

Quote:
Alternatively, if I can scare him so bad he s#$%s his pants,
Old fashioned
Everyone gets thrown from the plane to maintain altitude
Page 2 of 3<123>