Penalty for Theft

Page 3 of 3<123
August 11th, 2015 at 6:35:04 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Face
I'm trying to get fired up here and you're being all reasonable =p

It's one thing to hold a grudge, and another to hit yourself with it.

Quote:
I was about to say it wasn't even assault, but I guess this thread provided the "intent" portion that would make it so.

It's assault if you attack someone, whether or not you had a good reason to do so. This thread makes it premeditated, which legally speaking is much worse.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 11th, 2015 at 10:52:31 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I have had two of my cars broken into in the last 20 years. On one occasion the thief cut open my convertible top with a knife only to find out there was nothing in the car to steal. The worst part is that it cost $1400 to replace the top and the thief didn't even attempt to open the unlocked doors. Grrr!!

My home was broken into about a year or so ago. The contents that were stolen really didn't bother me much because they held no sentimental value. I must admit that for the next month or so it was much more difficult to fall asleep. In my case it was especially nerve racking because they broke in through the window in the master bedroom.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
August 11th, 2015 at 2:41:23 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Nareed
It's one thing to hold a grudge, and another to hit yourself with it.

I know, I know. It's OK. I found a guy. He'll do the thing =p

Quote: DRich
I have had two of my cars broken into in the last 20 years. On one occasion the thief cut open my convertible top with a knife only to find out there was nothing in the car to steal. The worst part is that it cost $1400 to replace the top and the thief didn't even attempt to open the unlocked doors. Grrr!!

Up until recently, the only issue I ever had was someone tried to break into my Beretta after I parked it in a stupid spot. I had a sweet radio that wasn't installed properly; could literally unplug and go. I had 200 CDs sitting out on the seat. Probably left a buunch of weed out in the open. These knuckleheads basically pulled on the handle really hard... and that was it. It bent my door handle.

I was pissed, but mostly because it was such a half assed attempt. I mean, a '94 Beretta isn't exactly tough to enter. Didn't try to jimmy it, didn't pry, didn't break. Just pulled on the handle really hard. Amateurs.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
Page 3 of 3<123