"...and so (maybe) it begins."

Page 3 of 4<1234>
February 7th, 2017 at 7:04:37 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Over this last long weekend, I found out I need a place to write.

What's wrong with my apartment is I have too many distractions, which greatly aid my tendency to procrastinate. Mainly the TV and the web. The TV I can turn off, but the web is right there with the PC and Word and I often need quick web searches of relevant information. The last sustained writing I did was in April 2015 in Vegas, where my hotel room lacked complimentary WiFi.

Short of renting an office on weekends, I'm thinking again of coming to my workplace to write. That idea has its own set of problems...
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 7th, 2017 at 1:37:36 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
“Start writing, no matter what. The water does not flow until the faucet is turned on.”
― Louis L'Amour
February 7th, 2017 at 6:04:01 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Threads: 17
My problem is that I live in that existential horror, multi-unit housing, where five minutes does not go by without some douchebag playing his music at 100 decibels, cranking his TV's speakers up to "12," or beating his three German Shepherds into a barking frenzy. Then when all quiets down for thirty seconds, a douche in a pickup truck with a TRUMP sticker comes roaring into the parking lot with all speakers blaring Judas Priest. Or my downstairs neighbor starts banging his head on the ceiling for no discernible reason. Et cetera.

Hell is other people, and it's impossible to write in hell.
February 7th, 2017 at 7:41:59 PM permalink
buzzardknot
" Or my downstairs neighbor starts banging his head on the ceiling for no discernible reason " Might have something to do with his upstairs neighbor !
February 7th, 2017 at 8:51:44 PM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: buzzardknot
" Or my downstairs neighbor starts banging his head on the ceiling for no discernible reason " Might have something to do with his upstairs neighbor !

Boy, you've developed a real obsession for me, haven't you? Such attraction, while flattering in a way, is unhealthy and a little creepy.
February 8th, 2017 at 1:26:02 AM permalink
RonC
Threads: 8
Quote: stinkingliberal
My problem is that I live in that existential horror, multi-unit housing, where five minutes does not go by without some douchebag playing his music at 100 decibels, cranking his TV's speakers up to "12," or beating his three German Shepherds into a barking frenzy. Then when all quiets down for thirty seconds, a douche in a pickup truck with a TRUMP sticker comes roaring into the parking lot with all speakers blaring Judas Priest. Or my downstairs neighbor starts banging his head on the ceiling for no discernible reason. Et cetera.

Move!
February 8th, 2017 at 7:24:58 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

While not exposed to that much noise, I can handle some with little problem (unless I'm trying to sleep). It's distractions that drive me nuts. Worse, though, are interruptions. That's a big problem at work, with the incessant ringing of phones, emails and even text messages.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
February 8th, 2017 at 8:20:43 AM permalink
buzzardknot
Boy, you've developed a real obsession for me, haven't you? Such attraction, while flattering in a way, is unhealthy and a little creepy.

What's the matter STINKY ? It is a forum, you know. And I know this will confuse you, but there other valid opinions than your dribble.
February 8th, 2017 at 9:15:58 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: buzzardknot
What's the matter STINKY ? It is a forum, you know. And I know this will confuse you, but there other valid opinions than your dribble.

You're the little brother following me around and wanting to be involved in everything I do that I never had.
February 8th, 2017 at 9:19:03 AM permalink
stinkingliberal
Quote: RonC
Move!

You see, that's why I welcome the participation of you righties on this forum. That never would have occurred to me! I thought that you have to stay in the same place until the day you died!

Unfortunately, when you live in a college town, housing is tight and options during the school year are limited. I would imagine that the chaos in the university district housing areas (where I don't live, thankfully) is why there are always so many students working in the library at 11 pm.
Page 3 of 4<1234>