Defund Planned Parenthood

Page 1 of 251234>Last »
August 22nd, 2015 at 7:06:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
I don't understand how or why we haven't done this already. An organization with a racist past taking money from taxpayers and from places that actually do things like mammograms and have real sterile and safe places with real doctors trained as OB/GYNs. Now we find out they have been selling body parts and lying about it?!? Why give them some 500 million and not other places that are safer, non-controversial, and honest?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 22nd, 2015 at 8:06:17 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am all for defunding them. I find something very alarming that we are a society that claims unrestricted abortion is about "women's heath." To me it is just another part of the decline of our society that has been happening and is now moving towards collapse. The "pro-choice" folks can say anything they want, it does not change the fact that they celebrate abortions. That they will not even concede banning partial-birth abortions shows this.

Let them have a fundraising drive if it is so important.
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2015 at 8:18:17 AM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
My own opinion is that we don't give this valuable organization nearly enough money. I would quadruple funding.
August 23rd, 2015 at 8:55:34 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Mosca
My own opinion is that we don't give this valuable organization nearly enough money. I would quadruple funding.

I totally agree. Its healthcare without the religious BS.
Healthcare needs to be totally free of religion.
The Doctor patient relationship is sacred.
Its not the goverments business what a Dr Patient decide to do regarding health decisions
its not my business, its not Frgamble business, its not AZ's business to question a private decision regarding health between a patient and Doctor.
Its about Freedom. Its about privacy. Its about healthcare.

If somebody is against abortion due to religion, fine. Don't have an abortion. Just don't push your religious views on me.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 23rd, 2015 at 12:43:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: terapined

That's what a hospital or health center is all about.
It is none of my business what private decision someone makes regarding their health, I can encourage them to make certain choices to protect the life of their child, but make no mistake about it - IT IS PP's business that you abort your baby! Their business model is based on abortion so they can make money. They can both make money off of you and the leftover parts of your baby. How is that not a quadruple portion of BS?!?
What can this messed up organization do that other organizations can't do better and without the controversy. Even if someone wanted to get an abortion, why go to some office building that has continually lobbied not to maintain the standards of a hospital, when you could rather go to a safer place with real OB/GYNs who know what they are doing and where you can get a sonogram, etc. I can think of no added value to this organization, they only cause problems and controversy from their racist founder to today. I would cut their taxpayer funding and make them pay quadruple of it back.

Finally without changing this thread into an abortion thread you should know that you don't have to be religious to see the pro-life logic. Science is clear, the developing fetus is a unique and unrepeatable human being from the moment of conception. It is not pushing a religious view to say that abortion is the termination of a human life that does not have a voice to speak and is vulnerable.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 23rd, 2015 at 2:37:18 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Healthcare needs to be totally free of religion.
The Doctor patient relationship is sacred.
Its not the goverments business what a Dr Patient decide to do regarding health decisions
its not my business, its not Frgamble business, its not AZ's business to question a private decision regarding health between a patient and Doctor.
Its about Freedom. Its about privacy. Its about healthcare.

If somebody is against abortion due to religion, fine. Don't have an abortion. Just don't push your religious views on me.

If it is peoples private business then no need for government funding.
The President is a fink.
August 23rd, 2015 at 2:43:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
Their business model is based on abortion so they can make money. They can both make money off of you and the leftover parts of your baby.

"Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is honored to be designated as a top-ranked nonprofit by the philanthropic experts through Philanthropedi - See more at: http://plannedparenthood.org/about-us/newsroom/press-releases/planned-parenthood-recognized-top-ranking-nonprofit-philanthropic-experts#sthash.57TYkuOl.dpuf"

They are a "non profit", so technically they aren't making money except to help defray the cost of their service.

What parts are they selling? Does the stem cell research offend you or organ transplant? I don't really understand your offended ness? I thought your domain rested with the spirit and not the vessel? Aren't cemetary's just as guilty of celebrating death of the corpse as are fetus parts sales? At least the science that wants to use the fetus's for discovery aren't advertising it as are crematoriums and the whole death industry.

Are you similarly offended by organ transplants or donating blood or organ donating?

Quote:
What can this messed up organization do that other organizations can't do better and without the controversy.
How do you not see the irony here, between what they are doing and the skeletons of the corporation you work for?
Quote:
Even if someone wanted to get an abortion, why go to some office building that has continually lobbied not to maintain the standards of a hospital,
Hospitals, don't maintain the standards of a hospital, AFAIAC, I often go to a clinic versus hospitals. There is a difference in infection rates and costs and logistics. Also, many local dr's here don't have hospital privileges and they are not abortionists. The 3rd highest rated cardiologist [in the country] was denied here, I believe because he is black, it is a private hospital. People go to hospitals who are infectious to die, etc. etc. Terminal people should call hospice, not go to hospitals [ that are aware and can] IMO. My own physician triages patients for necessary care, it's unrealistic to tie up the facilities at a hospital with associated costs versus a specialty clinic for many minor procedures

I carry signed paperwork for what to do with my corpse. It is donated to science, and for that they are supposed to properly dispose of the remains. Gratis. Do you find something wrong with that?

Quote:
Finally without changing this thread into an abortion thread you should know that you don't have to be religious to see the pro-life logic.
Quote:
Science is clear, the developing fetus is a unique and unrepeatable human being from the moment of conception. It is not pushing a religious view to say that abortion is the termination of a human life that does not have a voice to speak and is vulnerable.

"the question is, said alice, whether you can make words mean so many different things.. ... "When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, .."

So, you want to use an anti abortion argument repeatedly and not have it turn into an anti abortion thread? Pfft
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 23rd, 2015 at 2:53:04 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
That's what a hospital or health center is all about.
It is none of my business what private decision someone makes regarding their health, I can encourage them to make certain choices to protect the life of their child, but make no mistake about it - IT IS PP's business that you abort your baby!

PP provides a CHOICE. A woman wants to have a baby, they will not object.

Their business model is based on abortion so they can make money. They can both make money off of you and the leftover parts of your baby. How is that not a quadruple portion of BS?!? .

They provide an OPTIONAL service. Its always the Women's choice. Its a womans body. I have no right to influence what a Woman and a Dr decide.

I can think of no added value to this organization, they only cause problems and controversy from their racist founder to today. .

Are you going after Disney next?

Finally without changing this thread into an abortion thread you should know that you don't have to be religious to see the pro-life logic. Science is clear, the developing fetus is a unique and unrepeatable human being from the moment of conception. It is not pushing a religious view to say that abortion is the termination of a human life that does not have a voice to speak and is vulnerable.

I respect your beliefs My beliefs differ. You are not born till you are born, prior to that, you are a part of a Womans body. That's my belief.
We differ.
We have different beliefs in this area and we will not convince each other regarding this issue.
As for an objection of using fetal tissue for research.
Here is my overall view of the human body , everybody that dies , the body should be totally harvested asap.
If a person has a religious objection regarding a recently deceased body. Fine. Waste the organs, waste land, waste possible research.
Otherwise I believe a body that just died, except for religious or family objection, should be totally harvested automatically. skin, eyeballs organs donated asap, anything left over if science can use, fine, use it in any way possible. Burn the rest. Those are my instructions for my body.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
August 23rd, 2015 at 3:28:34 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Science is clear, the developing fetus is a unique and unrepeatable human being from the moment of conception.

I'm totally against abortion for this and
other reasons. It's too many choices,
it has to stop somewhere.

You choose to have unprotected sex.
You choose to let the man climax inside you.
You choose to do it again and again, usually.
You make all these bad choices, and
now you want the choice of murdering
the outcome of your irresponsibility?

You shouldn't get to make all those bad
choices and then skate away free and
clear to do it all over again. That might be
me inside you coming back for another
go at it in life. I don't want it to end before
it starts because my mom is a selfish pig.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
August 23rd, 2015 at 3:37:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: petroglyph

They are a "non profit", so technically they aren't making money except to help defray the cost of their service.

This is not true and also a very idealistic view of what a "non-profit" organization is about. The CEO of PP makes over $500,000 a year.

Quote:
What parts are they selling? Does the stem cell research offend you or organ transplant? I don't really understand your offended ness?

They are selling the heads, organs, and intact bodies of aborted babies. No I am not against stem cell research or organ transplantation. However, I think you can see why there is a federal law forbidding the sale of fetal tissue and organs. No one wants to encourage or have people have abortions just to sell the parts to some medical lab. This is what PP was and is doing. They are immoral, dishonest and if you think a woman who wants to keep the baby is welcome in their offices you are sadly mistaken. They push abortions, it is what they do. They don't allow ultrasounds and other things that would humanize the developing baby, they don't want freedom of informed choice, they just want you to choose abortion.

Quote:
How do you not see the irony here, between what they are doing and the skeletons of the corporation you work for?

There is a big difference between skeletons in the closet and modern videos of still alive babies being dissected and torn apart for parts!

Quote:
I carry signed paperwork for what to do with my corpse. It is donated to science, and for that they are supposed to properly dispose of the remains. Gratis. Do you find something wrong with that?

No I find that very generous.
Page 1 of 251234>Last »