Defund Planned Parenthood

Page 3 of 25<123456>Last »
August 23rd, 2015 at 8:28:34 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Mosca
I believe abortions should be mandatory. And they should be taught in grade school.

Seriously, you came here to start this argument. You got it, now taste it. Does it taste good? I hope so, for your sake. Because for me it tastes the same as when any other religious group tramples on freedom.

That is a particularly ugly and unhelpful post from you of all people.

In the wake of all these awful videos coming out about Planned Parenthood I thought it was something we could discuss. I wasn't going to go down the whole is abortion wrong route because it is so painfully obvious that it is. The real question is in the current state of things in our country is criminalizing abortion the best answer?

However back to the PP question, I have yet to hear a logical reason why this organization in particular should receive the extent of taxpayer funding it receives when that money can be in my opinion much better spent for organizations that do much more and a better job for women's health. If all your response is venom and the trampling of freedom then maybe you shouldn't participate in this thread, but I hope that is not the case.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 23rd, 2015 at 9:58:03 PM permalink
Mosca
Threads: 22
Quote: FrGamble
That is a particularly ugly and unhelpful post from you of all people.

In the wake of all these awful videos coming out about Planned Parenthood I thought it was something we could discuss. I wasn't going to go down the whole is abortion wrong route because it is so painfully obvious that it is. The real question is in the current state of things in our country is criminalizing abortion the best answer?

However back to the PP question, I have yet to hear a logical reason why this organization in particular should receive the extent of taxpayer funding it receives when that money can be in my opinion much better spent for organizations that do much more and a better job for women's health. If all your response is venom and the trampling of freedom then maybe you shouldn't participate in this thread, but I hope that is not the case.

The videos are heavily edited, didn't you know that? And the money collected for the fetal tissue covers the cost of preserving and transporting it, not profit. Didn't you know that? Fetal tissue research is important life saving science. Didn't you know that?

Only 3% of Planned Parenthood's budget goes to abortions. Didn't you know that? And none of the money it receives from the government goes toward abortions. Didn't you know that?

You would rather create divisiveness in the name of Christ than unity in the name of peace. You and your ilk would prefer a religious war over a secular peace.
August 23rd, 2015 at 10:20:04 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The videos are heavily edited, didn't you know that? And the money collected for the fetal tissue covers the cost of preserving and transporting it, not profit. Didn't you know that? Fetal tissue research is important life saving science. Didn't you know that?

Only 3% of Planned Parenthood's budget goes to abortions. Didn't you know that? And none of the money it receives from the government goes toward abortions. Didn't you know that?

You would rather create divisiveness in the name of Christ than unity in the name of peace. You and your ilk would prefer a religious war over a secular peace.

The full unedited versions are available, didn't you know that? The videos clearly show people haggling over price and using certain techniques to obtain organs that are not always in the best interest of the mother. Didn't you know that? Fetal tissue research morally obtained is important for life saving science, I'm glad you did know that. Did you know it is illegal to obtain it without the consent of the mother and to profit from it's sale?

You did know that Planned Parenthood arrives at its 3% number by counting all the services it provides for any person individually so every birth control subscription, condom given, pregnancy test, etc. is all counted to arrive at that false number. If you look at the percentage of people who go to Planned Parenthood and what procedure they receive, namely abortion, the number is much, much higher than 3%. Did you know that?

Yes I did know that none of the money it receives from the government goes toward abortions, thank God for that. Did you know that Planned Parenthood was founded by a woman who spoke at KKK rallies and promoted the forced sterilizations of the poor?

Did you know I would much prefer peace and the divisiveness is caused by people being fed the load of junk you and your ilk seem to be buying hook line and sinker?!?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 24th, 2015 at 4:43:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

For those that are against subsidized abortions, don't complain about the 50 million collecting tax dollars. You are going to pay, now or forever, but you are going to pay. It is a lot cheaper when they are small.

Yes, I can and will complain about both. The problem is the same both ways, namely that people abandon personal responsibility and want to be wards of the state. 50+ years ago these kids would be put up for adoption. They would then be put in what was usually a well off home for a good life. Today we tell the mother "keep it, you can do it, girl!" and they grow up in poverty.

$22 trillion spent on the War on Poverty, national debt $18 trillion. I think I see the problem.
The President is a fink.
August 24th, 2015 at 6:24:57 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I believe abortions should be mandatory. And they should be taught in grade school.

I think the Catholic church ought to live up to its teachings, and sacrifice 10% of its annual income to fund abortions. They should not be compelled to do so, but rather decide to volunteer. If they refuse, then they should lose their tax-exempt status. That's not a punishment imposed or a means of coercion, but the consequences they accept by failing to make a sacrifice.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
August 24th, 2015 at 10:52:16 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Did you know that Planned Parenthood was founded by a woman who spoke at KKK rallies and promoted the forced sterilizations of the poor?

And Nobel founded a chemical whose use has resulted in the deaths of untold millions.

Even Hitler got some things right. Animal conservation and the humane harvesting thereof was largely pioneered by the Nazis. Modern rockets, whose use gave us such great things as knowledge of the stars, GPS, and TV, came from the Nazis. Modern hypothermic treatments came by way of truly horrendous Nazi experiments. Is the wonder of those treatments rendered null and void simply due to how they were discovered, or by whom?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
August 24th, 2015 at 10:59:43 AM permalink
Nareed
Quote: Face
And Nobel founded a chemical whose use has resulted in the deaths of untold millions.

The United Sates was founded by slave-owning planters.

If we were to disqualify in a moral sense any society, organization, country, etc. because of who founded it, we'd have nothing left.

Quote:
Even Hitler got some things right.

He got one thing right: he killed Hitler.
August 24th, 2015 at 11:56:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I wasn't going to go down the whole is abortion wrong route because it is so painfully obvious that it is.

Even the founder of Planned Parenthood thought it should be used sparingly. She even thought abstinence should be practiced.

Is all life valuable? Sure.

How do we normally place value.

Well, let's say you have a neighbor who just planted a small tree he got from a nursery. You find out your child pulled it up. You definitely owe him something.
Probably going to have your kid take responsibility in some manner, but either way, he lost something and you owe your neighbor.

Let's say, your neighbor is out of town, and for some reason your kid goes over and cuts down the biggest tree on his property. Nice beautiful oak. Do you pay him the same as the small tree?

Where should this not apply?

But this is where early trimester abortion figures in. Yeah, we give BORN humans generally the same high value. I'm fine with that. The early fetus is not viable outside the womb. I'm against late term abortions except as the wishes of the mother if she is in danger and doesn't want to risk that danger.

When I stepped on acorns as a kid did I consider it of oak tree value? No, because an oak tree has years of nourishment, water, sun, involved. The owner may have even contributed to its health in different ways perhaps combatted a specific disease. It's not the same value as the acorn no matter how much someone cries about it being so.

If you walk over with a crushed acorn off the tree your neighbor would consider YOU the nut trying to pay him for it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 24th, 2015 at 12:05:15 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Just in case someone thinks I diminish humans with my comparison.

Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me"

and so on and other non-human comparison.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
August 24th, 2015 at 1:25:11 PM permalink
Nareed
Abortion is pro-life.

Deal with it.
Page 3 of 25<123456>Last »