Defund Planned Parenthood

Page 25 of 25« First<22232425
May 27th, 2016 at 2:54:46 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
The live/ dead cats in two boxes is about as crazy as it gets.

Actually this would require two cats, one in each box, as well as a detector in each box. It's just two photons that are entangled and superimposed in two boxes at once (different photons, not the same photon in two places).

But quantum superposition still doesn't work in larger objects.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 27th, 2016 at 2:59:07 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Planned Parenthood was deceptively named.... so what?
Planned Parenthood was racially motivated......so what?
Planned Parenthood was intended to keep the birth rates low among the poor and racially undesirable... so what?

At one point a court decision prohibited the distribution of an informative medically-oriented pamphlet but allowed the distribution of a folded coat hanger. Our laws on the topic are a mess. Any way you look at our State Religion (the Black Arts of Medicine) it is clear that the bottom rungs are prison doctors, abortionists and proctologists. Abortions and Lotteries and Liquor are most advertised in poor neighborhoods.

Its sort of a topic we want 'legally allowed' but not promoted or talked about. For quite a while it was the domain of organized crime.
It has a bad history but so too does the numbers game. We prosecute policy shops to protect the lotteries. We don't prosecute the abortionists, the catholics and other True Believers make life difficult for them with absurd laws the way Utah makes things difficult for bars with absurd and ever-changing regulations.
May 30th, 2016 at 3:49:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: FrGamble
But surely you would agree with me that it would be immoral for me to kill the young kittens in the womb or squash the eggs of my bird because they were inconvenient to me.

Really, the Romans were born too soon. With their training in rhetoric, they'd have won the internet and own the whole world by now. Maybe it's not too late to learn Latin...

Still, with just what I self-taught myself (to myself), it's easy to see this as a transparent attempt to get me to admit that "human embryos are disposable, but animal embryos are sacrosanct."

The best strategy is to acknowledge the intent of the trap and say "Nice try."

But I'll add: how much extra risk of death do you incur when your cat is pregnant?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
May 30th, 2016 at 5:10:11 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Perhaps you meant how much extra risk does the cat incur?

There is a heck of difference between something that is unfortunate and something that is sacrosanct. Women get abortions for health risks, financial risks, convenience, etc.
May 30th, 2016 at 6:30:58 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Fleastiff
Perhaps you meant how much extra risk does the cat incur?

There is a heck of difference between something that is unfortunate and something that is sacrosanct. Women get abortions for health risks, financial risks, convenience, etc.

Mostly convenience.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 23rd, 2018 at 2:19:12 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
James O'Keefe damns everyone to Hell who criticized his mostly failed Planned Parenthood stings and think "Borat" style gotcha is just fine.

Although I think O'Keefe is a bit of an idiot, I don't have a problem with either if they catch people who can't privately endorse the same position they stake in a large way in a public position.

Although someone did point out that at least Cohen didn't hide his camera and O'Keefe did. I mean, if you see the camera, what excuse do you have left about being "tricked" into doing something you wouldn't do publicly?
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 25 of 25« First<22232425