Done with the Steelers

Page 1 of 3123>
August 26th, 2015 at 5:14:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I am done with the Steelers.

I cannot believe I am saying it, but they just signed Michael Vick, a/k/a the guy who killed dogs for enjoyment.

What is this team thinking?

I think I am going to ship my Terrible Towel to the team with a note explaining that they have lost a fan for life. Not that it will do any good, but it will make me feel good.
The President is a fink.
August 26th, 2015 at 7:23:06 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
well, I always thought football players killed females for enjoyment. dogs, fowl... there is always money involved in any vice.
August 27th, 2015 at 5:15:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
well, I always thought football players killed females for enjoyment. dogs, fowl... there is always money involved in any vice.

So far the town is split. One fellow driver says he will get his tattoo removed. Local dog shelter has removed all Steeler prized from fundraisers. A few rallies and a FB page. OTOH, some people are saying "he did his time, he's good!"

I heard there was not the same movement when he signed with Philly, so may show differences in fan bases are real.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2015 at 10:15:26 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: AZDuffman
I am done with the Steelers...

You'll be back. Vick's contract (and his hamstrings, ribs, and concussion prone head) will not last forever.
September 3rd, 2015 at 1:00:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Ayecarumba
You'll be back. Vick's contract (and his hamstrings, ribs, and concussion prone head) will not last forever.

Gone as long as Vick and Tomlin are here. Like a cheating spouse it is never quite the same after.

NFL getting unwatchable to me last few years anyways. In 20 it might not at all resemble what we remember.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2015 at 1:24:58 PM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Gone as long as Vick and Tomlin are here. Like a cheating spouse it is never quite the same after.

NFL getting unwatchable to me last few years anyways. In 20 it might not at all resemble what we remember.
Way fair weather IMNSHO. A bit unlike you. j/k.

Brady's back, they kick the Steelers' butts a week tonite in Foxboro. Go PATS!!! :-)
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 3rd, 2015 at 1:28:11 PM permalink
chickenman
Threads: 0
Ah, speaking of the regular season, it is time to laud Ed Collins' NFL Office Pool Spreadsheet. It rocks as always! Thanx, Ed.

He has more sense than to read this site so kudos are headed over to WoV.
He's everywhere, he's everywhere...!
September 3rd, 2015 at 2:32:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: chickenman
Way fair weather IMNSHO. A bit unlike you. j/k.

Brady's back, they kick the Steelers' butts a week tonite in Foxboro. Go PATS!!! :-)

My sister's in-laws are from Philly and I in passing once said how could they sign that guy and I was glad the Steelers never would do so. Well, the Titanic is unsinkable..............

I keep trying to decide if I want to go to the anti-Vick rally. It is more of a candle light vigil for the dogs, not quite my thing. There should be girls there, but I doubt I would meet anyone. Combo of rain and traffic probably keeping me home. Sent my Terrible Towel back so I did my part.
The President is a fink.
September 3rd, 2015 at 2:49:58 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89

Whoah... wait a minute, Tomlin has been a great coach for the Steelers. He is so into the game, he takes sorta cheap shots at opposing players that are running down the sideline. How can you not love that guy!

As for the NFL, I have to agree, the game is changing quickly, and with the long term concussion problems getting more play, I am not sure what it is going to look like in a few years. By then, I could be a fan of Australian Rules Football (if someone could ever explain the rules to me).
September 3rd, 2015 at 3:19:39 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Ayecarumba

As for the NFL, I have to agree, the game is changing quickly, and with the long term concussion problems getting more play, I am not sure what it is going to look like in a few years. By then, I could be a fan of Australian Rules Football (if someone could ever explain the rules to me).

I thought of it just before Limbaugh started saying it, time is running out for the NFL. People laugh, but the concussion thing is going to be like boxing was late 1800s, when guys often died after a match. First you will see high schools getting out of football, then more and more colleges. In 20 years it could be down to just the current powerhouses. Or else the contact rules get really tight, call it "tackle-touch" football.

Already, fantasy football is more the thing for the younger set. Unless your team is really in it, that is what is driving the fan base for now. And FF is about OFFENSE! So I predict the defenses will keep getting straightjacketed. Less contact, more offense, more fantasy stats.
The President is a fink.
Page 1 of 3123>