Catholic Church Collapsing

Page 20 of 20« First<17181920
September 27th, 2015 at 9:25:26 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Apparently God isn't the only one who can ressurect people.

Jesus did it, and apparently Peter and Paul did it too!

http://stronginfaith.org/article.php?page=114

I suppose this sort of thing is still going on, with all of the "miracles" that must be attributed to people before they are sainted.

It seems miracles nowadays aren't as obvious as they used to be, as they have to go looking into the past for something that can be labeled as a miracle.

Nothing so clear-cut as healing the sick, curing the blind, or raising the dead.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
September 27th, 2015 at 10:53:30 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Dalex64

http://stronginfaith.org/article.php?page=114

I suppose this sort of thing is still going on, with all of the "miracles" that must be attributed to people before they are sainted.

It seems miracles nowadays aren't as obvious as they used to be, as they have to go looking into the past for something that can be labeled as a miracle.

I'm more curious about all those saints that
came flying out or their tombs and walked
around and talked to people. How come
Christians never talk about this huge event,
it makes the resurrection of Jesus look like
an afterthought.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 28th, 2015 at 7:11:05 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Dalex64

I hear this is also a common occurrence in D&D games. But having never played one, I cannot say for sure.

Quote:

Nothing so clear-cut as healing the sick, curing the blind, or raising the dead.

If I had a penny for every instance where random chance or human skill, especially the latter, were described by someone as a "miracle," I'd have enough money to buy Europe's last absolute monarchy and turn it into a Renaissance museum.

You know, things like the crew of a US Airways flight landing safely on a river, or the BA flight crew who performed a routine takeoff abort under unusual circumstances, or finding no traffic at 7 pm on a Friday.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 28th, 2015 at 9:18:52 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Nareed
You know, things like the crew of a US Airways flight landing safely on a river,

If you're referring to the "Miracle on the Hudson," I asked a pilot friend of mine what percentage of commercials pilots that few that kind of plane could have pulled off the same "miracle." He said 90%.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
Page 20 of 20« First<17181920