Catholic Church Collapsing

September 14th, 2015 at 5:37:53 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: pew
Science is about money, period. It's loaded with fraud and deception and anyone who puts their blind faith in it is deluded beyond the pale.

Belong to the flat Earth society?
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 14th, 2015 at 6:27:42 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: terapined

I'd lay odds he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old. The bible also indirectly supports a flat earth but those passages have become "figurative" while the Garden of Eden story is still a matter of recorded fact.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 14th, 2015 at 9:53:03 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Yeah right, like the "truth" of Darwinian evolution or the plain old "can't you idiots see my religious belief in global warming is the Henny Penny truth!" The sky is warming! The sky is warming! SQUAWK.................................
an entertaining description. However, one can glaciers melting and ice floes breaking off. awe inspiring. Not without some probative value on the issue. what is knee jerk religion based is the "if a politician is against global warming, get him out of office, he is pro tree hugger and anti business".
September 14th, 2015 at 10:04:59 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Science is about money, period. It's loaded with fraud and deception and anyone who puts their blind faith in it is deluded beyond the pale.
sure is. Know any area of our life that is NOT? I'd trust a scientist over a life insurance salesman or a minister though. Most scientists discuss methods and financial ties. Ministers don't. Investment counselors sure don't.

tobacco scientists? You should see sugar scientists. Heck, one man wrote an expose on sugar and a sugar company lawyer bought all the copies and even bought the copper printing plates and burned them. talk about suppression of evidence.
September 14th, 2015 at 11:53:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Fleastiff
even bought the copper printing plates and burned them. talk about suppression of evidence.

Totally believe it. I've said here many times
that I gave up sugar in 1973 and never looked
back. The stuff is insidious. Zero nutrition and
it's in everything. I cook everything from scratch,
no processed food. Sugar is destroying humanity,
its far worse that tobacco. My daughter in law
was laughing today about how her and the two
toddler grandkids destroyed a bag of orange
pumpkin shaped candy. Pure sugar, pure carbs,
purely deadly. I could warn her she'd laugh and
say, I know, I know, but the kids love it so much.

Good grief. My sisters son lost his leg at 30 to
a sugar addiction and diabetes. And he still eats
the stuff because he shoots the 'cure' into his
arm twice a day. Moron.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 15th, 2015 at 6:27:27 AM permalink
pew
Threads: 4
Quote: Wizard
I'd lay odds he believes the earth is only 6,000 years old. The bible also indirectly supports a flat earth but those passages have become "figurative" while the Garden of Eden story is still a matter of recorded fact.
I'm not arguing scientific theory. You are free to believe whatever you want. What I was pointing out is the fact that you go with the current scientific paradigm or you don't get funded. Just like religion, you must tow the line or you're out.
September 15th, 2015 at 6:29:02 AM permalink
pew
Quote: terapined
Is there really such a thing?
September 15th, 2015 at 6:37:16 AM permalink
pew
Quote: Fleastiff
an entertaining description. However, one can glaciers melting and ice floes breaking off. awe inspiring. Not without some probative value on the issue. what is knee jerk religion based is the "if a politician is against global warming, get him out of office, he is pro tree hugger and anti business".
Not sure I totally understand your post. You may have left out a word or three, at any rate global warming is BIG business, HUGE business. Haven't you seen those big windmills popping up everywhere.
September 15th, 2015 at 6:42:33 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard

Meaning the passages describing the Earth as flat have become untenable even past the ability of a, literal, moron with three working neurons to rationalize, but belief in other Biblical nonsense hasn't quite gotten there yet?

I should set up in business making long spoons ;)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 15th, 2015 at 7:28:55 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm not arguing scientific theory. You are free to believe whatever you want. What I was pointing out is the fact that you go with the current scientific paradigm or you don't get funded. Just like religion, you must tow the line or you're out.

I don't understand where you are coming from.
Don't get Funded and its like a religion?????????????

My father was a scientist
A geologist.
He worked for the state geological survey
Their job as scientists is the map the whole underground of the state.
Any construction proposed, you get the maps created by the scientists to check what is deep underground.
No politics, just honest state geological surveys by scientists.
There is no line to tow to get funded. There is no politics involved. Its a state scientific service provided to the tax payers
You do honest scientific research and submit the maps to the State so they can determine is a construction project is ok

There was no religion in my house growing up.
My father believed in science.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"