evicting the illegal immigrants

Page 1 of 41234>
September 20th, 2015 at 1:01:48 PM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
No one really knows the exact number, but apparently there are 11.3 million unauthorized immigrants in the United States. Ignoring the question about whether or not it would be wise to remove these men, women, and families, (I assure you your grocery food bill will go up) I'd like to discuss the logistics of how it could actually be done.

How much would it cost to evict 11.3 million people? How could it be done without violating the rights of a legal American like myself? If the federal government wants to search my home for stowaways, and I refuse? If the federal government wants to search a church, and the church refuses? What constitutes success-- 90% gone? 99%?

It just seems reminiscent of that opening scene from Inglorious Basterds.
September 20th, 2015 at 1:18:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
You are harboring illegals in your home?

Why do liberals always default to things being "house to house?" Many other ways........

Step 1 is stop enabling. No welfare, no drivers licenses, no bank accounts, and no school for the kids. This will encourage self-deportation.

Step 2 is punish "sanctuary cities." The feds are not shy about denying states their funds when they want something (e.g.: auto emission tests.) So start cutting funding to these cities. Also encourages self-deportation.

Step 3 is start raiding places that employ them. Have a "regular" and "aggravated" level. Small number of illegals and employer probably didn't know better? Basic fine. Hiring dozens for a sweathop? Close the place for weeks while every employment record is checked by a snail of a government employee.

Step 4, check legal status on any arrest when the person appears to be illegal.

Step 5 is streamline deportation hearings.

This is not an "in order" list, we would do it all at once. Bottom like is the Feds could do it if they wanted. They have in the past. They do not want to do it.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2015 at 1:29:32 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: reno
I'd like to discuss the logistics of how it could actually be done.

That can be stated simply: police state and concentration camps.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 20th, 2015 at 1:33:58 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
You are harboring illegals in your home?

Why do liberals always default to things being "house to house?" Many other ways........

Step 1 is stop enabling. No welfare, no drivers licenses, no bank accounts, and no school for the kids. This will encourage self-deportation.

This bit just confuses me entirely... how an 'illegal' immigrant can get access to legal items. It seems to be a particularly American problem that somewhere in the country illegally can operate legally.

Quote:
Step 3 is start raiding places that employ them. Have a "regular" and "aggravated" level. Small number of illegals and employer probably didn't know better? Basic fine. Hiring dozens for a sweathop? Close the place for weeks while every employment record is checked by a snail of a government employee.

Yes, yes. There are rules on employment. They should be kept by everyone. I was moderately amused by the furore over Kim Davis not doing her job, when other people 'not doing their job' can be lionized.

Yes, grocery bills will go up. Still, what do you want? Cheap food supplies, or reduce welfare state bills?
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 20th, 2015 at 1:42:13 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146

Why do liberals always default to things being "house to house?" Many other ways.........

Just getting started is the main thing.
Every other country seems to realize
that the more people they have to take
care of, the worse off they'll. Except us,
we don't seem to think about anything.

I just read that taking into account for
inflation, the average income in the US
will now buy exactly as much as it did
in 1973. We're going backwards, not
forwards.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 20th, 2015 at 3:53:06 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
.... by a snail of a government employee.

You say this as if there were a different kind =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 20th, 2015 at 4:22:07 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Legal immigration tends to be a good thing for most developed countries. Legal immigrants tend to be hard working and bring in new skills.

I maybe a little biased.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 20th, 2015 at 4:23:48 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Legal immigration tends to be a good thing for most developed countries. Legal immigrants tend to be hard working and bring in new skills.

I maybe a little biased.

This is because you can pick and choose who you let in. I got no problems there as long as we keep it to a reasonable limit same as any other nation does.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2015 at 4:29:14 PM permalink
TheCesspit
This is because you can pick and choose who you let in. I got no problems there as long as we keep it to a reasonable limit same as any other nation does.

Yeppers. The US immigration policy is all sorts of strange.

Where do you stand on non-economic immigration (aka refugee/humanitarian immigration)?
September 20th, 2015 at 4:33:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit
Legal immigrants tend to be hard working and bring in new skills.
I maybe a little biased.

Canada and GB have the same queen. How can
you be an immigrant in Canada when all you
did was move to a different part of the kingdom.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 1 of 41234>