evicting the illegal immigrants

Page 2 of 4<1234>
September 20th, 2015 at 4:45:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: TheCesspit
Yeppers. The US immigration policy is all sorts of strange.

Where do you stand on non-economic immigration (aka refugee/humanitarian immigration)?

We are taking far too many. Arab nations need to start doing their share or else time to re-colonize places like Syria to get it fixed.
The President is a fink.
September 20th, 2015 at 7:03:08 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Evenbob
Canada and GB have the same queen. How can
you be an immigrant in Canada when all you
did was move to a different part of the kingdom.

It was once said that the sun never sets on the British Empire. At the time it was rumored that not even God trusted an Englishman in the dark !
September 20th, 2015 at 11:40:25 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: buzzardknot
It was once said that the sun never sets on the British Empire. At the time it was rumored that not even God trusted an Englishman in the dark !

You can always tell an Englishman... you just can't tell him much.

Sensible not to trust the British, though... if it's not nailed down, they'll steal it... and if it's nailed down, they'll be off with the nails, too.

I see Bob is exhibiting his lack of knowledge of the constitutional arrangements of various countries. I let him live in his ignorance, life is too short.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 20th, 2015 at 11:50:56 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
We are taking far too many. Arab nations need to start doing their share or else time to re-colonize places like Syria to get it fixed.

In that particular case, since 2011, the U.S. has taken in about 1,600 Syrians. "The U.S. will boost the number of refugees it accepts from around the world to 100,000 annually, up from 70,000 now, as part of an effort to help Europe cope with a migration crisis, Secretary of State John Kerry said."

There were about 1 million new -economic- migrants into the US in 2013. I'd suggest the US is taking about the right number at present (1 in 10 immigrants are refugees rather than economic migrants). 100,000 doesn't seem like 'far too many', for the richest country in the world. I can certainly see an argument based on the distance some refugees are prepared to go.

The other 1 million legal immigrants in 2013 were via economic immigration (which means sponsored, jobs based and all that type of thing). The ones you get to pick.

I went and looked it up, I had no idea what numbers it was into the US.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
September 21st, 2015 at 1:12:12 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: TheCesspit

I see Bob is exhibiting his lack of knowledge of the constitutional arrangements of various countries. I let him live in his ignorance, life is too short.

So was your 'immigration' hard on you, then?
Was there culture shock, was there a language
barrier? Did you feel separated from your native
culture, did you feel alienated and alone in the
foreign land? Oh, the horror, the horror.

The joke, the joke..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 14th, 2017 at 7:59:33 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
At 6:28 this morning, Trump tweeted the following:

Quote: President Trump
Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!…..

My interpretation of this tweet is that Trump wants to offer amnesty to the illegals, and let these lawbreakers stay. My guess is that Trump's dinner last night with Nancy Pelosi must have really made an impression on him.

Oh, and Trump has also decided not to build the wall.
September 14th, 2017 at 10:14:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: reno

My interpretation of this tweet is that Trump wants to offer amnesty to the illegals, and let these lawbreakers stay. My guess is that Trump's dinner last night with Nancy Pelosi must have really made an impression on him.

Your interpretation is likely wrong. Trump is making a deal. He is a dealmaker, unlike Obama.
The President is a fink.
September 14th, 2017 at 10:25:11 AM permalink
reno
Threads: 58
Trump is making a deal. He is a dealmaker, unlike Obama.

We know from the Trump University lawsuits that Trump is a conman, and the Trump voters are his marks.

Here's what the immigration hawks at Breitbart think of Trump's dealmaking on DACA.
September 14th, 2017 at 10:28:20 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
We know from the Trump University lawsuits that Trump is a conman, and the Trump voters are his marks.

Fortunately he's turned out to be surprisingly incompetent as well.

But the Combover Caligula is a consummate deal-maker. Only he makes terrible deals, and he has the bankruptcies to prove it.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 14th, 2017 at 10:48:45 AM permalink
ams288
Threads: 29

Your interpretation is likely wrong. Trump is making a deal. He is a dealmaker, unlike Obama.

Oh this is glorious.

Donald in conning AZ while his head is buried deep in the sand.
“A straight man will not go for kids.” - AZDuffman
Page 2 of 4<1234>