Lily Rose Depp And The Death Of Heterosexuality

September 21st, 2015 at 6:59:15 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
https://www.yahoo.com/style/lily-rose-depp-and-the-death-of-heterosexuality-127490574928.html

Rating Description
0 Exclusively heterosexual
1 Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual
2 Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual
3 Equally heterosexual and homosexual
4 Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual
5 Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual
6 Exclusively homosexual
X No socio-sexual contacts or reactions

It seems that 86% of baby boomers and seniors identify with "0" on the Kinsey scale, but only 66% of millenials.

I think there are probably more people with no socio-sexual contacts than people with no reactions.

So, Lily Rose Depp is publishing a book of photos of 10,000 people who identify with something other than zero.

Personally, I think the Death of Heterosexuality is an overstatement. Because a rating of "1" could simply mean that you found an image provocative. Millenials, particularly women, are much more likely than older people to say something like that. They may even feel that claiming total heterosexuality is not honest, as the idea of scale is more embedded in the thinking of younger people.
September 21st, 2015 at 7:53:33 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I guess I don't know this for a fact, and I skimmed that article too quickly, but I imagine psychologists believe today that everyone is born with some bisexual potential.

If taking the quiz, I might answer as a zero, and I think a lot of gays might answer as a 6, since, for example "Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual" seems to suggest a person has had some homosexual experiences. I certainly would not want anyone to think I had, just like 86% of my age group.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
September 21st, 2015 at 1:56:36 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: odiousgambit
I guess I don't know this for a fact, and I skimmed that article too quickly, but I imagine psychologists believe today that everyone is born with some bisexual potential.

I am sure that psychologists are trained that way.

This Wash Post article explores the issue more deeply. Not surprisingly more than twice as many Democrats as Republicans choose something other than zero.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonkblog/wp/2015/08/24/one-third-of-millennials-now-say-theyre-less-than-100-straight/

I think you have more young women under the age of 30 who will make out with a girl just because it makes them seem edgy.
June 4th, 2016 at 2:27:06 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Don't know who these peoople are, hadn't heard heterosexuality had died.

Nudists say we are not different, we were born this way.... you've changed.

I think it was Dorothy Parker who said heterosexuality wasn't better, just more common.

I doubt anything done in front of camera or a reporter is anything but publicity.