Pope Francis Visit

Page 3 of 16<123456>Last »
September 22nd, 2015 at 1:10:20 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Wizard
I was watching the cliff divers at the time.

You were in Acapulco at the time and didn't call me?? ;P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 22nd, 2015 at 1:49:30 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
He's here!!!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 22nd, 2015 at 1:54:50 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
He's here!!!

I'm offering $2,000 for the Pope-mobile license plate.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 22nd, 2015 at 2:23:04 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
I'm offering $2,000 for the Pope-mobile license plate.

Best I can do, crazy way to end up in Hell if you steal the real thing.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2015 at 2:31:42 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The mayor of Rochester got and invite too see the Pope.
Not the big Rochester in NY, the smaller one in Minnesota

He doesn't have the foggiest idea how he got invited. Not a Catholic, not tight with Obama
He got upgraded to VIP. He has no idea why
Its not who you know, its who you don't know :-)

http://www.kare11.com/story/news/2015/09/21/mayor-befuddled-by-invitation-to-see-pope-francis/72602656/?csp=nbcnews
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 22nd, 2015 at 3:05:41 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: AZDuffman

Best I can do, crazy way to end up in Hell if you steal the real thing.

Wiz does not accept stolen goods. I asked, remember? =)

Though if he changes his mind, I'll have it to him by Wednesday...

(Kidding. Sort of =p)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 22nd, 2015 at 5:19:29 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: Face
Wiz does not accept stolen goods. I asked, remember? =)

I was hoping the one to procure the plate would be one to have friends in high places, but I probably wouldn't have asked too many questions if Face produced it somehow.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
September 22nd, 2015 at 5:49:57 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Too funny =)

...somehow.

That's the key word. I have to imagine that, while not to the Ocean's 11 level of heisting, that this would be slightly more difficult than just showing up with a screwdriver. What with terrorism and crazy folk running about, I can see his ride being under complete surveillance at all times.

It'd be an interesting mental exercise. Does he have a specific car? I always imagined the Pope as having a specific ride, complete with ballistic glass, armored body panels, and the like. I dunno why I assume that; I guess I can't envision him in his holy robes rolling out of Hertz in a Kia.

Too bad you couldn't get an audience. I bet if you just asked nicely, he'd probably give it to you =)
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 22nd, 2015 at 6:08:59 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Too funny =)

It'd be an interesting mental exercise. Does he have a specific car? I always imagined the Pope as having a specific ride, complete with ballistic glass, armored body panels, and the like. I dunno why I assume that; I guess I can't envision him in his holy robes rolling out of Hertz in a Kia.

His driver is a Ford Focus. Wikipedia "Popemobile" for more info than you would eve want to know.
The President is a fink.
September 22nd, 2015 at 6:38:10 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
That's the key word. I have to imagine that, while not to the Ocean's 11 level of heisting, that this would be slightly more difficult than just showing up with a screwdriver. What with terrorism and crazy folk running about, I can see his ride being under complete surveillance at all times.

Too bad you couldn't get an audience. I bet if you just asked nicely, he'd probably give it to you =)

He only has a 100 person army. (or something around that number)

I suggest subterfuge, like "US license Plate inspector for foreign dignitaries". Maybe you could wear your post office uniform.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 3 of 16<123456>Last »