USA-No longer a free country

Page 1 of 81234>Last »
September 25th, 2015 at 6:47:22 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Since I have been asked to demonstrate why I believe the USA is no longer a free country I am starting a thread for ongoing links to stories proving the point.

San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

In a free country, do you get videotaped and have your personal information sent to the cops when you make a perfectly legal transaction? Not in any free country I know of.
The President is a fink.
September 25th, 2015 at 8:48:40 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
The Supreme Court gave Gays the right and freedom to marry
Unfortunately Govt employees such as Kim Davis want to take away that freedom simply due to a make believe fantasy in her head.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
September 25th, 2015 at 12:38:57 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Quote: AZDuffman
Since I have been asked to demonstrate why I believe the USA is no longer a free country I am starting a thread for ongoing links to stories proving the point.

San Fran's iconic, last gun shop to close over new regulations

In a free country, do you get videotaped and have your personal information sent to the cops when you make a perfectly legal transaction? Not in any free country I know of.

One could probably argue Rudeboi's conception of free is certainly free. Free of police protection and armies too, I think. Does anyone agree on the balance?
That kind of free still sounds pretty problematic, if you ask me.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
September 25th, 2015 at 2:11:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Some parts of the country are less
free than others, but it's always been
that way. There are still dry counties
here and there that don't sell booze.

Reminds me of the show Deadwood.
They appoint a fire marshal and he
goes around telling business owners
they have their stovepipes wrong. he
gets lectured that this is the reason
they moved to Deadwood, freedom
from regulations. There is no real
freedom in a society, just certain
levels of suppression. Better to say
we have low levels of suppression here,
than to say we have freedom.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 25th, 2015 at 5:52:26 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Some Dumb C#$%
“If High Bridge Arms is so scared of implementing such a practice, my first question would be, ‘What do you have to hide?,'" he said. "Why in the world aren't we requiring all gun stores to tape sales at this point?”

This is, by far, the most infuriating argument I hear people use. God save you if you're ever in my presence and someone uses it. I can't help but lose it every time. It's just such a supreme lack of logic that I find myself literally offended.

I mean, who even needs any rights at all? Why shouldn't we let cops pull us out of our cars or rummage through our homes. I mean, what do we have to hide? Due process? What, you a criminal? Why are you even worried?

GMAFB. There's gotta be a place we can send these people. Where are the Aztecs when you need them?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
September 25th, 2015 at 5:55:03 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face
This is, by far, the most infuriating argument I hear people use. God save you if you're ever in my presence and someone uses it. I can't help but lose it every time. It's just such a supreme lack of logic that I find myself literally offended.

I mean, who even needs any rights at all? Why shouldn't we let cops pull us out of our cars or rummage through our homes. I mean, what do we have to hide? Due process? What, you a criminal? Why are you even worried?

I keep saying too many people are begging to have their rights taken away!
The President is a fink.
September 25th, 2015 at 7:24:57 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
There is a part of the government doing everything they can to restrict guns, and another part doing everything it can to restrict abortions.

Neither group has had much success in changing the laws at a national level.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
April 25th, 2016 at 4:28:42 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Farmer Forced to Dump 248 Gallons of Raw Milk & Break 1200 Free Range Eggs by Michigan Dept of Agriculture

The place was a co-op and bothering nobody. Other states are not letting people knowingly buy raw milk. Nobody being harmed, is this the best use of state resources?
The President is a fink.
April 25th, 2016 at 5:15:43 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Michigan has a history of serving large agribusinesses. Once coming close to declaring several pig species 'dangerous' simply because they would be dangerous to the established mega ranchers species.

Its a matter of viewpoints. One guy walked around Seattle pointing a movie camera inside businesses. The manager of one business dialed 911 and the cops asked what is the threat to life? And why is your ceiling camera filming the sidewalk 24 hours a day seven days a week permitted but his filming from the sidewalk into your office for two minutes threatening to you?
April 25th, 2016 at 6:26:39 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Farmer Forced to Dump 248 Gallons of Raw Milk & Break 1200 Free Range Eggs by Michigan Dept of Agriculture

The place was a co-op and bothering nobody. Other states are not letting people knowingly buy raw milk. Nobody being harmed, is this the best use of state resources?

Pretty one sided
A more balanced report
It was a business without the proper license.
http://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/2015/07/15/michigan-state-raw-milk-fight/30189699/

"Rockin in the free world" - Neil Young :-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 1 of 81234>Last »