USA-No longer a free country

Page 4 of 8<1234567>Last »
July 1st, 2016 at 2:28:41 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
City destroys woman's survival garden.

Not just a loss of freedom, but why I say the USA will never again win a major war. Way back we were encouraged to plant "Victory Gardens" to be more self-sufficient. Today if you house is not all artificial landscape the city cannot stand it!

BTW: I don't care if part was the "front yard." No good reason you should not be allowed a vegetable garden in your front yard.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 4:16:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman

Not just a loss of freedom, but why I say the USA will never again win a major war. Way back we were encouraged to plant "Victory Gardens" to be more self-sufficient. Today if you house is not all artificial landscape the city cannot stand it!

BTW: I don't care if part was the "front yard." No good reason you should not be allowed a vegetable garden in your front yard.

Much ado about nothing
The community allows a garden to grow food
Anything over 12 inches allowed if its edible
She simply let her front yard grow wild
She was not growing food, she was lazy
She claimed all the overgrown wild plants were edible
Of course she lost her case
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2016 at 1:42:06 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined

Much ado about nothing

They tore the backyard as well. Freedom it was great while we had it. Keep the government out of people's yards.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 2:03:12 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

Much ado about nothing

Where'd you get this info? Do me a solid and offer a cite. The OP is obviously biased and I'd like a peek at the other side.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 1st, 2016 at 3:19:17 PM permalink
terapined
Quote: Face
Where'd you get this info? Do me a solid and offer a cite. The OP is obviously biased and I'd like a peek at the other side.

You do not have a right to disregard the rules and regulations assigned to the area that you CHOOSE to live in. Keep it neat, or cut it down. You have neighbors.

http://www.newson6.com/story/21752023/judge-throws-out-tulsa-womans-lawsuit-over-edible-garden
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2016 at 3:56:42 PM permalink
AZDuffman
You do not have a right to disregard the rules and regulations assigned to the area that you CHOOSE to live in. Keep it neat, or cut it down. You have neighbors.

Meh. Oppressive rules were made to be broken. How on earth would a garden hurt the neighbors?
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 4:06:06 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61

http://www.newson6.com/story/21752023/judge-throws-out-tulsa-womans-lawsuit-over-edible-garden

Ah, yes. The judge's transcript was about what I was looking for.

Lol urbanites. That's what you get for living in a city. I don't know how you people do it. I'm not saying I'd shoot someone within my first three days of having to live in one, but yes, I am =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 1st, 2016 at 4:09:47 PM permalink
terapined
Meh. Oppressive rules were made to be broken. How on earth would a garden hurt the neighbors?

A house is the biggest investment most people make in a lifetime
You make this huge investment in an area where a neighbor cannot act as a "settler working the land and smoking and drying meat outside a crumbling cabin" on those dumb direct TV commercials.
You depend on these rules so at a later date, you have the freedom to sell your house and move.
This prevents neighbors from destroying the value of the biggest investment a person makes in their lives.
This woman should move out into the country
Its probably the neighbors that are complaining about this woman.
You hear those horror stories of a-hole neighbors that make it impossible to sell a house next door. That's why people buy into neighborhoods with rules so they have the freedom to sell and move. Buying a 300k house and then wanting to move and no buyers due to a-hole neighbor is anti-freedom.
July 1st, 2016 at 4:35:27 PM permalink
AZDuffman
A house is the biggest investment most people make in a lifetime
You make this huge investment in an area where a neighbor cannot act as a "settler working the land and smoking and drying meat outside a crumbling cabin" on those dumb direct TV commercials.
You depend on these rules so at a later date, you have the freedom to sell your house and move.
This prevents neighbors from destroying the value of the biggest investment a person makes in their lives.
This woman should move out into the country
Its probably the neighbors that are complaining about this woman.

Let the neighbors move if they do not like it then! They have the freedom to move. She is clearly not bothering anyone except people who want to tell other people how to live.

You still do not say how she is hurting the neighbors! What on earth is wrong with having a garden? If a neighbor complained I would bet that they are the same neighbor who thinks they are being "good to the planet" by driving their Prius miles to the store to buy organic food shipped hundreds to thousands of miles. That is the type who seems to make this kind of complaint.

Quote:
That's why people buy into neighborhoods with rules so they have the freedom to sell and move. Buying a 300k house and then wanting to move and no buyers due to a-hole neighbor is anti-freedom.

Sounds like you are talking about HOAs. IMHO if you move to one of them by choice you need your head examined. OTOH, they do prove my point that most people cannot handle and do not want true freedom.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 4:36:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Face

Lol urbanites. That's what you get for living in a city. I don't know how you people do it. I'm not saying I'd shoot someone within my first three days of having to live in one, but yes, I am =p

+1

Why on earth do people keep demanding more and more rules to live under?
The President is a fink.
Page 4 of 8<1234567>Last »