USA-No longer a free country

Page 5 of 8« First<2345678>
July 1st, 2016 at 4:50:37 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Let the neighbors move if they do not like it then! They have the freedom to move. She is clearly not bothering anyone except people who want to tell other people how to live..

You don't have the freedom to move if you cant sell your house.
One persons garden is another persons ugly overgrowth
That's why we have judges, to determine if somebody is breaking the rules
She lost
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2016 at 5:00:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
You don't have the freedom to move if you cant sell your house.
One persons garden is another persons ugly overgrowth

How would a garden next door keep you from selling your house?

Sounds like typical busybodies who want to rule someone else's life.

Learn to live and let live. People who do not like looking at someone else's yard should just live in an apartment.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 5:15:09 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
How would a garden next door keep you from selling your house?

Rats

http://www.bbg.org/gardening/article/managing_rats_in_city_gardens
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 1st, 2016 at 5:30:16 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined

So you are saying there are no rats without gardens?

Seriously, just rent an apartment if you do not like looking at your neighbor's yard.
The President is a fink.
July 1st, 2016 at 10:01:04 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
We have a grapefruit, orange, lemon and a lime tree. And a bird feeder or two. Really enjoy all the cotton tail rabbits around here and were throwing them carrots and salad leftovers.

You could almost count on the reproduction rate of the rabbits, with the cute lil bunnies entertaining us with their antics. Then a year or so ago, the rabbits quit giving us the little hopping bundles of joy. I was looking out toward dusk at an adult rabbit eating a carrot stem, and saw a rat run out and take it away from it.

I never liked rats, but I figure they are part of the reason there aren't many lil rabbits around? I don't like using poison, and I didn't want to kill any bunnies with rat traps. I came up with drilling holes in rat traps and screwing them up in the fruit trees, [makes them easy to bait as it holds them steady]. First night I caught a fruit rat, [they look like Norway rats] including tail had to be close to 20 inches long. The next night I got a double, and killed one Kangaroo rat about 8 inches long, but the fruit rats had eaten all the meat out of it and left the skin.

In six months I have caught IDK, 15 large rats, and a few of the smaller ones. I started taking pictures of the kills and texting them to friends. I was using peanut butter for bait and it was deadly, but when it got hot the peanut butter runs out like molasses. I thought I would try old hot dogs. Bam, the rats love 'em and they stay on the trap really good. Broke one trap it sprung so many times, lipped one big fatty, broke another in half. Just got two new shiny traps and one old one mounted in the trees tonight. Nothing like laying in bed and hearing a nice loud snap. Good times. Almost like being home again.

Oh, oh, and we got another lil baby bunny hopping around, I hope he stays out of the pool. I think I will throw an artificial plywood island in the pool in case one gets in there at night again?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 1st, 2016 at 10:16:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote:
Nothing like laying in bed and hearing a nice loud snap. Good times. Almost like being home again.

I don't like squirrels, they're always eating the
suet in the bird feeders. I was taking a drive
in the country today after I tuned up a 19
year old car and hit one I couldn't avoid.
I saw him in the mirror flopping around in
the road. I felt bad and still feel bad. Stupid
squirrels.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 1st, 2016 at 10:33:33 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
suet in the bird feeders.

They still eat it with these things, but get to do some acrobatics.

You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
July 1st, 2016 at 10:46:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Evenbob
suet in the bird feeders. I was taking a drive
in the country today after I tuned up a 19
year old car and hit one I couldn't avoid.
I saw him in the mirror flopping around in
the road. I felt bad and still feel bad. Stupid
squirrels.
I was telling my wife, squirrels are just cute rats but she wasn't listening until we watched one chase birds right across two feeders trying to catch the bird. Then the newspaper published a picture of a squirrel eating a Pine Siskin.
July 1st, 2016 at 10:51:35 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: rxwine

I wonder if the squeelow is just dumping seed out and eating it off the ground? I have been working on pigeon proofing my seed feeder to stop the doves and pigeons from just dumping it. It has been a long war, but I am getting closer to winning? They aren't all stupid, and once one of them sees his brethren scoring big, they pick up on it fast.
July 1st, 2016 at 11:17:03 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: rxwine

You see the amount of seed flying out
of that thing? You'd refill it twice a day.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
Page 5 of 8« First<2345678>