USA-No longer a free country

Page 6 of 8« First<345678>
July 2nd, 2016 at 3:49:36 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: petroglyph

In six months I have caught IDK, 15 large rats, and a few of the smaller ones. I started taking pictures of the kills and texting them to friends. I was using peanut butter for bait and it was deadly, but when it got hot the peanut butter runs out like molasses. I thought I would try old hot dogs. Bam, the rats love 'em and they stay on the trap really good. Broke one trap it sprung so many times, lipped one big fatty, broke another in half. Just got two new shiny traps and one old one mounted in the trees tonight. Nothing like laying in bed and hearing a nice loud snap. Good times. Almost like being home again.

Could have used a guy like you when I was a PCO Manager.
The President is a fink.
July 2nd, 2016 at 4:43:32 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
The trouble is that cats like peanut butter and hot dogs... and I hate to see a cat's artery severed by a mouse trap.

Met one old man at the grocery store who, like me, is pretty much just waitin' on death who feeds feral cats and stays up nights to shoo away the food-stealing and cat-killing racoons.
July 2nd, 2016 at 11:25:54 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: Fleastiff
The trouble is that cats like peanut butter and hot dogs... and I hate to see a cat's artery severed by a mouse trap.
I have always found cats hard to kill. I don't enjoy clearing the traps of dead mangled bled out rats either. It's a disgusting job if they have started decomposing and reeking of rotting flesh. But feral cats, like rats are a menace and every effort should be made to eliminate them. I read one study that found that, domestic cats were killing million song birds per county, per year.

Between loss of habitat, pesticides [especially in Mexico], invasive predatory other birds, [cowbirds etc.], and domesticated cats, squirrels and more songbirds can't recover. There is nothing more irritating than witnessing a house cat, that get's three square meals per day, lodging and free medical, get up off it's ass and go out and kill songbirds, just for the pleasure of killing. They don't even need it for food, they just like to kill.

I have nothing against wild cats feeding themselves anyway they can, that is nature, but these pampered felines need to be eliminated as fast as possible. Maybe tie each one to a pit bull and throw them in the creek together? Crab bait, target practice, whatever means can be thought of, now, soon, yesterday. All day, and every day until the only domestic cats in existence are kept at their owners, who keep them home and care for them. They are filthy animals. There is nothing more self ass licking, yard spraying furniture wrecking breeding lousy animal I can think of.

If someone wants cats, that is their business. But cat owners are reckless an irresponsible and allow their pets to wander all night, killing anything they can, and let them in for the day, to rest, refuel and go back out the next day, take them to the vet if necessary, and go out to kill again. If an owner wants dozens of cats in their home and ten cat boxes full to the rim and overflowing, that is up to them. But you can't get a cat owner to keep their cat home, and most won't declaw the bastards so they can hunt or "protect themselves". Protect themselves from what, if they stay home where they belong?

There are rare an migratory endangered species of birds come through here, and I have found several of them killed and left to rot by the neighbors cat. That owner should be in jail asfaic.

Quote:
Met one old man at the grocery store who, like me, is pretty much just waitin' on death who feeds feral cats and stays up nights to shoo away the food-stealing and cat-killing racoons.
Several of us just waiting to die Flea, but I would much rather hear a pretty bird sing a song, and eat nuisance bugs, then listen to feral cats growling and breeding down at the dumpster. Each to their own.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 2nd, 2016 at 11:32:30 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: AZDuffman
Could have used a guy like you when I was a PCO Manager.
No rats this morning in the traps, but something weird happened. When peanut butter has stayed in the traps overnight, the next morning there is many ants eating the butter to satiation and they go into a trance. Tap the trap and they all wake up at once and start scurrying, funny.

The ants won't touch these hot dogs? They are Hebrew National. This morning there were ants at the bait, and I clear the trap and wash if needed, but I removed the bait and I was bitten about 7 times by an ant attack. I never had that happen anywhere, ever. Most of the ants here have been pretty peaceful, but these were venomous. Kinda scared me, do to my allergy to bees. Little **krs, wouldn't stop biting?
July 2nd, 2016 at 11:37:21 AM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Meh. Oppressive rules were made to be broken. How on earth would a garden hurt the neighbors?

Check the transcript terapined provided. Tweren't just the garden. It involved a derelict car full of garbage and I think some other issues. Sort of makes it not as cut and dry and I lean towards siding with remediation based on the description of property. Of course, they could've dealt with that and left the garden, but bureaucrats gonna bureaucrat.

Quote: terapined
You do not have a right to disregard the rules and regulations assigned to the area that you CHOOSE to live in.

So when was it that FL legalized recreational marijuana? Or is it just others that don't have the right to disregard?
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
July 2nd, 2016 at 12:12:52 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Face

So when was it that FL legalized recreational marijuana? Or is it just others that don't have the right to disregard?

Oh believe me, I am considering a move to Colorado or Oregon
There are people fighting in this state to legalize it but its a real uphill climb in Florida
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
July 2nd, 2016 at 12:21:25 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
Oh believe me, I am considering a move to Colorado or Oregon
There are people fighting in this state to legalize it but its a real uphill climb in Florida
Arizona Diamondbacks owner's wife gave a million dollars to help fight legalization here.

If you look at the lists of donors who fight legalization it sets up a pretty clear picture of who doesn't want it legalized, follow the money.

In Cali, a year or two ago, those that put up the most money to fight it were Budweiser and other alcohol manufactures. It's funny now how what is important about legalization is how much money the state can collect from it. It never really was about how dangerous weed is. That part was always a lie, but sheep are going to sheep.
January 9th, 2017 at 5:55:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Roseville man gets $128 ticket for heating up car in own driveway

Still think you live in a free country?

Cop who wrote the ticket needs to be suspended a day without pay.
The President is a fink.
January 9th, 2017 at 6:51:08 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239

In the winter in Baltimore people routinely did that who parked their cars outdoors, including me. It not only heated up the interior of the car, which could be well below freezing, but defrosted the windows. Between 6AM and 8AM you could see cars up and down the street idling with nobody inside. I can't imagine anybody passing a law against that in Michigan.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 9th, 2017 at 7:16:59 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Roseville man gets $128 ticket for heating up car in own driveway

Still think you live in a free country?

Cop who wrote the ticket needs to be suspended a day without pay.

Change the law
I would not have gotten a ticket
I don't trust anybody
I always carry 2 sets of keys with me
Often I will be in my driveway with the car started and about to pull out
I remember I forgot something in the house and get out and lock the car door with the car running
Get what I need , unlock the car and I am off
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
Page 6 of 8« First<345678>