Hey FrGamble!

September 15th, 2020 at 10:50:34 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: aceofspades
I wonder if the padre views humans born with severe mental and/or physical handicaps as a "gift" to them

You can twist anything so it looks
like a 'gift' from some god. That's
the wonder of religion. It explains
everything, while in reality it explains
nothing.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 15th, 2020 at 11:41:46 AM permalink
aceofspades
Threads: 83
Quote: Evenbob
You can twist anything so it looks
like a 'gift' from some god. That's
the wonder of religion. It explains
everything, while in reality it explains
nothing.

Exactly - if someone is born with such a disease or handicap it merely means god has a special plan for them that we mere mortals are not privy to
September 15th, 2020 at 11:46:38 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Life is hard, very hard. Being born with such a disease or handicap is extraordinarily difficult for the person and those who love and care for them. They need all our support and resources we can give. This is the challenge God would place on us. I guess in the secular mindset it is I easier to kill them in the womb or euthanize them, but God's gift always includes a deep and difficult challenge. Following Jesus Christ is the opposite of the easy way, it is the way of the cross.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 15th, 2020 at 11:48:08 AM permalink
Evenbob
Exactly - if someone is born with such a disease or handicap it merely means god has a special plan for theme hat we mere mortals are not privy to

God is the original scapegoat. There
is no god so it's easy to blame him
and credit him with everything.
Who can prove it's not true. FrG
has not one scintilla of evidence
such an entity exists, yet he devotes
his life to it. The mind boggles.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
September 15th, 2020 at 12:17:51 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
Life is hard, very hard....
It's what you make it.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
September 15th, 2020 at 12:27:50 PM permalink
aceofspades
Life is hard, very hard. Being born with such a disease or handicap is extraordinarily difficult for the person and those who love and care for them. They need all our support and resources we can give. This is the challenge God would place on us. I guess in the secular mindset it is I easier to kill them in the womb or euthanize them, but God's gift always includes a deep and difficult challenge. Following Jesus Christ is the opposite of the easy way, it is the way of the cross.

You do realize that your god allows animals in the wild to kill the young that they deem unfit, right?
September 15th, 2020 at 2:42:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Life is hard, very hard. Being born with such a disease or handicap is extraordinarily difficult for the person and those who love and care for them. They need all our support and resources we can give. This is the challenge God would place on us.

You live in modern times. Up until very recently
having any kind of handicap was a life sentence
of hardship and early death. You begged for a
living and existed on the scraps of others. No
god protected you and made your life easier.
God wasn't challenging you, nature was. You
saw these people in every major city in the world,
societies rejects. Jesus and a copper coin would
buy them lunch. Jesus alone did absolutely
nothing for them.
September 15th, 2020 at 5:24:25 PM permalink
FrGamble
You do realize that your god allows animals in the wild to kill the young that they deem unfit, right?

It's a good thing human beings are not wild animals, at least we shouldn't be.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
September 16th, 2020 at 7:17:31 AM permalink
aceofspades
It's a good thing human beings are not wild animals, at least we shouldn't be.

Padre, hate to break it to you but humans are biological beings, just like animals
One day, humans will be no more, the Earth and universe will move along just fine without us
September 16th, 2020 at 7:57:24 AM permalink
FrGamble
Padre, hate to break it to you but humans are biological beings, just like animals
One day, humans will be no more, the Earth and universe will move along just fine without us

We are biological beings but we are not just like animals (that is so obvious I am a little embarrassed writing it). I disagree with you about the Earth and universe just going along fine without us but that is based on my faith, the fact that we are not just like animals is science and common sense.