Hey FrGamble!

Page 3 of 171<123456>Last »
September 30th, 2015 at 3:45:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: AZDuffman
Thing is, without a God there would be no need for atheists.

You mean without the concept of a god.
That there is a god is not provable.

*I wrote this before I read what the
English guy in Canada said. I would
never knowing copy him.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 1st, 2015 at 11:20:05 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: TheCesspit

Basically, people do bad things when they don't give a s$%^ about others.

Great summary.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 1st, 2015 at 11:26:20 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Very well said. Religion requires no thinking,
that's been done for you. Your job is to trust
those in authority, obey blindly,

What you describe is not worthy of religion. It is your own made up farce or straw man.

Religion's foundation is the freedom of man to use his God-given intellect and will to decide who or what he is to love and believe in.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 1st, 2015 at 11:28:52 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob

That there is a god is not provable.

You need to be more careful with statements like this. What you mean is that God cannot be scientifically or mathematical provable. There are many things that you and I know to be true that are not provable.
October 1st, 2015 at 1:05:14 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: FrGamble
You need to be more careful with statements like this. What you mean is that God cannot be scientifically or mathematical provable. There are many things that you and I know to be true that are not provable.

Whats to be careful there? 'Know to be true' without proof doesn't mean anything to an outside observer. You tell me you KNOW God to exist and to love. Great. Well done. Nice work. Means nothing much to me without having some sort of evidence to back it up. My approval, of course, doesn't mean anything to your belief, but you belief in knowing it to be true means nothing to me.

And thus we reach the standard impasse.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 1st, 2015 at 1:06:19 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: FrGamble
Great summary.

And an objective external morality isn't required. It might be nice. It's just not a necessary condition for life to exist. Even with a prime mover.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
October 1st, 2015 at 5:56:54 PM permalink
Evenbob
Atheists are their own moral arbiters.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 1st, 2015 at 6:17:18 PM permalink
FrGamble
Why would you say this? Hasn't it been shown over and over that atheism leads to this senseless hatred and violence?
October 1st, 2015 at 6:46:45 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Uhm, no?

For every example of athiests being responsible for hatred and sensless violence, there is another fed by religious belief.

Did athiests fly the planes into the World Trade Center? Did athiests bomb and attack each other in Northern Ireland for years?

No, you can not claim that athiests are the cause of or the source of hatred and violence.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 1st, 2015 at 7:09:49 PM permalink
Evenbob
edited
Page 3 of 171<123456>Last »