Hey FrGamble!

August 11th, 2018 at 8:18:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
A friend of mine used to work at Lucky Lager beer in Vanc. Wa.. The company furnished beer for them to quaff at lunch.

Maybe that's not as crazy as I think it is, but we were not slow drinkers.

Some guys had a beer going all day, like today's water drinkers.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 12th, 2018 at 11:32:05 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
I love how this is the Hey FrG thread,
and he doesn't even come here since
I quit talking to him. lol

I'm still here. Just because you gave up your attack on the Church and defense of atheism doesn't mean I don't participate. Nothing means as much to me as my faith and my Lord so I don't get as involved in the political or other stuff as much.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
August 12th, 2018 at 12:04:23 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: FrGamble
I'm still here. Just because you gave up your attack on the Church and defense of atheism doesn't mean I don't participate. Nothing means as much to me as my faith and my Lord so I don't get as involved in the political or other stuff as much.
I thought you were taking some summer tour of South America or somewhere?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
August 15th, 2018 at 11:42:58 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: Dalex64
One gallon of beer is about 11 12oz cans (10 and 2/3) so on the long hours they probably labored, that would be about one beer an hour, but with only the alcoholic content of 6 beers or so, or thought a different way, the content of 11 7oz beers, or even less.
Thank you. Somehow "a gallon" just sounds so much more to me than a six pack or a twelve pack.

Even if we get away from 'beer' and just deal with workmen who would receive 'cider' we still have questions as to volume of liquid consumed and also the amount of alcohol consumed. Historically the word cider varied in meaning, quite often it was really a perry, not a cider, but if it was a cider it would be of a highly variable alcoholic content and of course glass or tankard or cup was a quite variable term also.
August 15th, 2018 at 4:24:28 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: FrGamble
I'm still here. Just because you gave up your attack on the Church and defense of atheism doesn't mean I don't participate.

I didn't realize FrG won the battle of endurance. Did EB ever congratulate the winner?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
August 15th, 2018 at 5:13:49 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Wizard
the battle of endurance.
That was my reason for posting the Ben Franklin and Beer post. My endurance for the battle was waning.
August 16th, 2018 at 4:55:33 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Quote: Wizard
I didn't realize FrG won the battle of endurance. Did EB ever congratulate the winner?

Not exactly...

http://diversitytomorrow.com/thread/580/400/#post107096

Quote: Evenbob
Know what? I'm done with
you. I'm sick and tired of
your faulty memory and then
trying to blame it on me.
You MOST CERTAINLY said
the Vatican is the only one
to be trusted because they
have the archives. I don't
make stuff up.

Have a nice life.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
August 16th, 2018 at 6:33:51 AM permalink
FrGamble
And I MOST CERTAINLY did not ever say the Vatican is the only one to be trusted. That much is very clear. Now if you don't mind I will crawl back under my rock now.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 1st, 2019 at 1:36:24 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Quote: Fleastiff
Belief in God?
Just remember Benjamin Franklin: Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
Eons ago I posted this interjected humor to aid member FrGamble in his never ending battle with member Evenbob.
I see the battle seems to be continuing.
My excessive desires for truth and historical accuracy do, however, compel me to post the following:

At no time, did Benjamin Franklin ever actually say this or write this. He did pen very similar sentiments in regard to wine, but never in regard to beer..
October 1st, 2019 at 4:43:00 AM permalink
FrGamble
In vino veritas.