Hey FrGamble!

October 3rd, 2015 at 6:20:15 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
This is the only satisfying answer

Only it's NOT an answer because there is
zero evidence to back it. It's a non answer.
It's an "I can't figure it out, beats me" answer.
It MUST be a god, I give up answer. God is
always the laziest, most non informative answer
to any question. It means you're done asking, done
looking, time to move on.

I am quite sure that Duffman can provide you with such evidence.

It's just another theory with no evidence.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 3rd, 2015 at 6:39:38 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
Only it's NOT an answer because there is
zero evidence to back it. It's a non answer.
It's an "I can't figure it out, beats me" answer.

You know what is lazy? Keep saying the same thing over and over without giving even any hint that you understand what we are talking about. Just use your reason and ask yourself if something exists then where did it come from? To say that a material thing has always existed is non-sensical and as you like to say, has no evidence to back it up. Our reason shows us that if some material thing exists it comes from something before it. This can't go on for ever in an infinite regress if there is to actually be anything that exists. Therefore "God", as an all-powerful, eternal non-contingent spiritual force or being is the only answer. I don't know how to make this more clear. You can't have a train without an engine no matter how many cars there are.

Maybe if you think God is not an answer you can explain why you say that instead of just calling people names? Also why don't you give an answer that makes sense that is not God?

It's just another theory with no evidence.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 3rd, 2015 at 7:15:05 PM permalink
Evenbob
You know what is lazy? Keep saying the same thing over and over without giving even any hint that you understand what we are talking about.

Lets put it another way, then. When somebody
says the answer is god, to any question whatever,
and you ask them to elaborate on that, they're
stumped. If you ask why god did something, or
how he did it, or when he did it, or what it
means, or anything at all, they have no response.

That's because saying god is in essence saying
you don't know. Let's blame it on god, or give
god credit, and we can forget about it,discussion
over. We've met a brick wall in understanding,
let's move on.

Do it, FrG. When somebody gives you god as
the reason or answer to anything, press that
person for more details. They'll be perplexed
that you even asked, because god is the 'this
conversation is over and closed' statement.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 4th, 2015 at 1:05:29 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Do you believe that being non religious or non denominational, is the same thing as being non spriritual?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 4th, 2015 at 1:19:32 AM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: petroglyph
Help me?

Indeed. I understood not a single thought
in your post. A cry for help is a wise move.

Please dial 911 ASAP.
October 4th, 2015 at 7:41:26 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Lets put it another way, then. When somebody
says the answer is god, to any question whatever,
and you ask them to elaborate on that, they're
stumped.

First of all lets acknowledge that you are changing the question. We have been discussing the existence of God as the necessary and only reasonable answer to the question as to why there is something rather than nothing? I am still either waiting for you to either explain why God is not a reasonable answer and/or provide an answer yourself. Remember that we are NOT talking about scientific or mathematical proofs here, we are talking in the realm of philosophy or straight up logic and reason so please don't ask for some proof or flashing neon sign that says "God is here". The proof is in the pudding so to speak. If there is to be anything at all there needs to be something that is non-contingent and eternal that needs no beginning and has no end, that contains existence in itself, and is all-powerful enough to give rise to everything that exists. Please stay on target and address this.

Second of all you are wrong about when people in their daily life look to God as the answer. We do know very well through Scripture and Tradition why God does what He does and what it means. We might not understand the timing and we obviously cannot see the future, but we know the motivations and ultimate desire of God for all of us. We also know the serious problem of sin, which might be why you have such a hard time understanding these things. Let me ask you, like above, if you have a better answer to why, how, when, or what things we experience in life mean? I would love to hear it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 4th, 2015 at 8:45:20 AM permalink
petroglyph
Indeed. I understood not a single thought
in your post. A cry for help is a wise move.

Please dial 911 ASAP.
It is frightening as hell. I am glad I was able to erase most of my post. I barely recognize the words myself, and no, they weren't coherent. I only recognize the parts I didn't delete?

I hope it isn't anything to do with my recent pet scan which showed increased metabolic activity on my vocal chord and clavicle. Under the scans the brain always glows as does the bladder. That is the second time that has happened to me.

I drove yesterday to Phoenix, and have appointments on Monday and Weds. at the Mayo.
October 4th, 2015 at 10:17:55 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
good luck at the Mayo clinic in Phoenix.
October 4th, 2015 at 10:36:37 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
good luck at the Mayo clinic in Phoenix.
Thanks, it is starting to look like that is what I'm going to need.
October 4th, 2015 at 11:56:57 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
but we know the motivations and ultimate desire of God for all of us.

Pretty sure if you grew up in a deeply Islamic culture, you'd be spouting Koranic verses at us, and at the very least be very critical of Christians.

And you would be just as fervent about it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?