Lists for the aviation enthusiasts.

September 29th, 2015 at 7:29:17 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I don't know I can explain the attraction of listing all the airlines and types of planes I've flown in. I'm not even very interested in it, or I'd have kept track instead of relying on memory. In any case, here they are:

Types of planes (not including variants):

DC-8, DC-9, DC-10, B707, B727, B737, B747, B757, B767, L-1011, A319, A320, A321. Also a Fokker and an Embraer regional jet types.

Airlines:

Aeromexico
Mexicana (*)
Delta
Pan Am (*)
National (just after it merged with Pan Am, but still with National livery) (*)
El Al
Continental (*)
Dan Air (British charter airline)
Texas International (*)
PSA (*)
Braniff (*)
Air France
Aerolineas Internacionales (*)
Aerocalifornia (*)
Volaris
Viva Aerobus
Interjet

(*) Defunct and/or acquired/merged by/with another airline
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 29th, 2015 at 10:21:23 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Just to keep going....

My favorite airlines are more or less: Interjet, Mexicana, Continental, Pan Am and Texas International. Why? Well, I've pretty much never had a bad experience with any of them. But then I flew Continental only once, roundtrip MEX-London via Houston.

Pan Am because I first flew a 747 with them, though it was just a short hop to Houston.

Mexicana because they flew the 727, IMO the best-looking subsonic commercial plane (second is the 747, third the 787)

Texas International was just plain fun. Their nickname, for some reason, was "The Flying Peanut." Their magazine featured their peanut mascot, and snacks included peanuts (naturally) and peanut-shaped candy, They were acquired by Continental, who in turn were acquired by United.

Interjet consistently delivers, and it's comfortable My worse experience was one time I had to check in at the airport and the agent committed the sin of not asking what seat I wanted. Short flight or not, I'm not taking a middle seat if I can at all help it (like, for instance, by taking another flight).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
September 29th, 2015 at 11:22:13 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I prefer Boeing planes to Airbus but admit it makes little difference. Pilot training is important. Air France is lowest.

I think flight quality varies even within the same carrier. I once was flagged with the same code that indicates a Senator or a Movie Star but the text box was empty so they turned out with baggage carrier, flowers , nurse off to one side, ... prepared for anything. It was fun.

I like SWA... enthusiasm and games during delays.

Don't like Atlanta but seem unable to avoid it. Don't like Dallas but its better than going through Atlanta.