Mayan Calendar Countdown

Page 1 of 212>
November 30th, 2012 at 12:43:02 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
It seems to me the energy in the Mayan Calendar Countdown has really fizzled.... Unless it is a deliberate attempt to cover up the inevitable mass destruction about to unfold. No sense getting everybody wound up, when there will be no survivors.
November 30th, 2012 at 1:31:36 PM permalink
DJTeddyBear
Threads: 5
It's kinda hard for something with no energy behind it to fizzle.

I think that there isn't much talk about it because most people are rational enough to not give it any merit.

Of course, the bar / party industry is going to rev up on this. There are several locations in my area already advertising their "End Of The World Party" - right along with their New Year's Eve party info.

Similarly, my wife is planning on an end of the world poker game at the house....
Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. But having only some facts can get you into trouble!
November 30th, 2012 at 1:37:29 PM permalink
98Clubs
Threads: 2
OK 007 enthusiasts, be on the lookout using your satellite network. You are looking for large amounts of of delta-4 class or larger rockets being fueled. Its either defense... or escape.

But then again, if its a solar-quake, there is no escape, but you might prolong the agony a bit being inside a mountain.
There are four things certain in life... Death, Taxes, the Resistance to them, and Stupidity.
November 30th, 2012 at 2:39:02 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
I forgot to sell end of the world insurance!
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 30th, 2012 at 2:57:53 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Ayecarumba
It seems to me the energy in the Mayan Calendar Countdown has really fizzled.... Unless it is a deliberate attempt to cover up the inevitable mass destruction about to unfold. No sense getting everybody wound up, when there will be no survivors.

It's perfectly timed with the "Fiscal Cliff" obviously.

At worst Washington looks like two guys in cars playing chicken. Drive as fast as you can at each other. That's a worse game than Russian Roulette.

Which now just made me think of a new Vegas video game.

2 people come up on your screen. You bet which one will get the bullet while they take turns with a pistol. (rng picks the winner).
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 30th, 2012 at 3:13:55 PM permalink
NicksGamingStuf
Threads: 0
Worst part is that now that Hostess is gone there are no twinkies to store up since they are the only thing that can survive any disaster.
November 30th, 2012 at 3:43:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: NicksGamingStuf
Worst part is that now that Hostess is gone there are no twinkies to store up since they are the only thing that can survive any disaster.

I just saw a Little Debbie version called (I think) "Cloud Cakes." Never noticed them before, though this would be impossible time for a new product.
The President is a fink.
November 30th, 2012 at 5:39:20 PM permalink
98Clubs

Hmm, I'll give Cockroaches a better than 50-50 chance, pretty good nuclear shielding, from what I've heard.
Like all other mass-extinctions... size matters.
I should have said all Human life in my previous post. It dawned on me that those critters that live near those Bottom-of Ocean "smokers" also stand a fair chance of being shielded with thousands of feet of water above them.
There are four things certain in life... Death, Taxes, the Resistance to them, and Stupidity.
November 30th, 2012 at 6:24:24 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346

It may be that both Relativity and Quantum Mechanics fail when confronted with Black Holes, because there is a Twinky beyond the event horizon :P
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
December 1st, 2012 at 12:20:48 AM permalink
98Clubs
Good one Nareed. You could almost use that one as siggy.
Page 1 of 212>