1 vote (7.14%)
8 votes (57.14%)
5 votes (35.71%)

14 members have voted

October 15th, 2015 at 1:06:41 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: FrGamble
Do you think the medium of magazines as we know it will even be around in 2025?

Probably just put on glasses and read virtual pages floating in front of you.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
October 15th, 2015 at 3:14:53 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Wizard
I agree 100%. On the show "The Wire" the police created a small district where there was an unspoken agreement where they wouldn't crack down on peaceful purchases or drugs. Always wondered if there was any truth to that story line.

My two cousins, Uncle Ray's sons were both Baltimore cops. Jay wrote for Homicide on the Streets and the character Munch on law and order was scripted after him. On a side note Both Jay and Jerry are being sued by two different men who has been c;eared of murder charges after spending 20 + years in jail. Who you gonna believe, my cousins or 2 convicted murderers ?
October 16th, 2015 at 8:36:15 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
I agree 100%. On the show "The Wire" the police created a small district where there was an unspoken agreement where they wouldn't crack down on peaceful purchases or drugs. Always wondered if there was any truth to that story line.

I have seen people do it in DC at night. I presume some people prefer it as it is less dangerous than going into a back alleyway. I presumed it was considered OK if it was all adults and sales were of single joints.

You can't end vice, but you can manage it.
October 16th, 2015 at 3:21:46 PM permalink
buzzardknot
Threads: 7
Quote: Pacomartin
I have seen people do it in DC at night. I presume some people prefer it as it is less dangerous than going into a back alleyway. I presumed it was considered OK if it was all adults and sales were of single joints.

You can't end vice, but you can manage it.

Back in 57, first yeat Henry opened his poolroom, for xmas uniformed cops got $10, stripes got 25, and brass got 50. Had to be 18 to play pool until 10pm,21afterthen. Vice would raid once .a year. A salt TV and pepper nteam in suits. Thid tipoff wouldal
oe Hrnry to get kids out until only 3or 4wete even underage. Then he even would be ticketed, go to court, give a speech about freedom in America, then pay $100 plus $ 25 per kid. Justice was served and the citiizens were safe and secure onceagain.
December 6th, 2015 at 3:16:49 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Last Playmate announced.

Don't bother saving it, there will not be collector value for 50 years if ever as they will almost all be saved.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2016 at 1:34:56 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Playboy Mansion FOR SALE

Life Estate for Heff, kind of a crazy stipulation. Life Estates are for widows, not multi-millionaires.
The President is a fink.
January 10th, 2016 at 2:00:17 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I read it's gotten rundown in recent years,
threadbare carpet in hallways, unfixed
stains in most other rooms. Stained
and aging wallpaper, ratty furniture. Like
the article says, it's a teardown, the value
is the acreage it sits on.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
January 10th, 2016 at 3:51:14 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Evenbob
Like the article says, it's a teardown, the value is the acreage it sits on.

The home would be a teardown even if it was in perfect condition. With nearly 5 acres of land and a 90 year old home of only 14,000 sqft in a neighborhood like that would mean that you tear it down and put the property to better use.

Right down the street is "The Manor" on 4.6 acres built in 1988. The Manor is a French chateau-style mansion with 123 rooms and 56,000 square feet of space. It is the largest home in Los Angeles County built by Aaron Spelling—widely known as the television producer of series including Dynasty, Charlie's Angels, The Love Boat, Fantasy Island, Beverly Hills, 90210, and Charmed. The home he tore down was once owned by Bing Crosby.
January 10th, 2016 at 8:28:25 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Well, there goes my fantasy to be invited to a Mansion party. Probably just as well, nobody would have talked to me.

BTW, did anybody hear buy the last clothed issue? There was an article about gambling myths I helped on, and would like to know if I was given any credit. I forgot to buy a copy.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
January 10th, 2016 at 8:31:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Well, there goes my fantasy to be invited to a Mansion party. Probably just as well, nobody would have talked to me.

BTW, did anybody hear buy the last clothed issue? There was an article about gambling myths I helped on, and would like to know if I was given any credit. I forgot to buy a copy.

It was a good issue and no you weren't quoted or given credit.

Ha, just kidding!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (