Christmas Gift ideas for a 6-month old

December 1st, 2012 at 2:54:20 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Usually I can find decent gift ideas, but I am stumped here. I have a niece/godchild about 6 months old. They have all they need as to toys, clothes, etc via self-fulfillment or hand-me-downs. And I hate getting toys for kids who will not remember them and will be in and out of them in a year or so. I did the "One-Share" thing for the birth and am out of real ideas. Need help.

My general rules are:

1. Does not take batteries
2. Made in USA/EC
3. Can buy online (I have not been in a store for a Christmas gift since 2009)
The President is a fink.
December 1st, 2012 at 3:33:17 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
The first order of business is, Congratulations! I am sure she is very precious.

How much are you planning to spend?

How about a Mint Silver Proof set of 2012 coins? Or, gold coins if you are Uncle Moneybags?
December 1st, 2012 at 3:34:13 PM permalink
MakingBook
Threads: 1
Open a 529 college savings plan. The account can be in your name, and in your control. You will name your niece/godchild as the beneficiary. Each holiday/birthday, just add money to the account.
December 1st, 2012 at 4:14:52 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Ayecarumba
The first order of business is, Congratulations! I am sure she is very precious.

How much are you planning to spend?

How about a Mint Silver Proof set of 2012 coins? Or, gold coins if you are Uncle Moneybags?

Thanks on the congrats, though I will state that no normal person can stand as Godfather and not at least have a passing thought to the demise of Moe Greene.....

Looking around $25-30 or so, like the proof idea. Goes with the year of birth and the fact that I have saved but yet to wrap newspapers from the day she was born. The one-share of stock has the price of oil, DJIA, and local weather from the exact time she was born. Or to the hour or so anyways. My family wondered why I was such a nutcase asking, nearly yelling, "I NEED THE EXACT TIME!"

Quote: MakingBook
Open a 529 college savings plan. The account can be in your name, and in your control. You will name your niece/godchild as the beneficiary. Each holiday/birthday, just add money to the account.

Good idea, time may be short this year. May get that going next year for birthday and get other family involved.
The President is a fink.
December 2nd, 2012 at 4:10:40 PM permalink
98Clubs
Threads: 2
529 Definately... take pictures and make a framed multi-image considering te first 3 years of life.
There are four things certain in life... Death, Taxes, the Resistance to them, and Stupidity.