Upcoming Primaries

April 29th, 2016 at 3:56:00 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: beachbumbabs
Grow up? Really?

Get over yourself.

And no, Liberals AREN'T goading Trump to do the same. Conservatives are. Who do you think Stop Trump is? Or do you even think before you say s$%^?

Yes, really.

Conservatives are trying to get Trump to run as an independent? Seems to me the GOP establishment tried to get him to pledge not to do so. As to liberals goading him, have you seen just the liberals on this board giddy at the prospect? Stop Trump is about the same establishment not wanting someone they did not pick getting the nod.

I do think before I post, thank you.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2016 at 4:03:30 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: beachbumbabs
Grow up? Really?

Get over yourself.

Where's a mod when you need one.
Oh wait, an hour ago he was headed
for 'a drunk'. It's just as well..
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 29th, 2016 at 4:56:58 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Quote: AZDuffman
I will keep saying it. Suppose your wife was sexually harassed by say a VP of her employer. When she sues, under discovery that VP lies under oath, possibly costing her the case.

Is it still no big deal and "none of anyone's business?" Or would you want the guy to be fired?

In the Paula Jones case it is my understanding that BC came onto PJ in his hotel room, advances that she rebuffed. He later settled the matter for $850,000. If PJ were my wife, I would have been satisfied that justice had been more than done.

It was not worth obsessing over for two years and how many millions of dollars of taxpayer money were spent on it?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
April 29th, 2016 at 5:01:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Yes, really.

Conservatives are trying to get Trump to run as an independent? Seems to me the GOP establishment tried to get him to pledge not to do so. As to liberals goading him, have you seen just the liberals on this board giddy at the prospect? Stop Trump is about the same establishment not wanting someone they did not pick getting the nod.

I do think before I post, thank you.

Very fortunate AZ
We are here to for point counter point, not insult.
BBB has been lenient toward you

As to us giddy, well its all due to Trump. We aren't goading him. Far from it, we are reacting to Trump himself.

Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 29th, 2016 at 5:06:54 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Very fortunate AZ
We are here to for point counter point, not insult.
BBB has been lenient toward you

I'm sorry, where did I insult someone? I merely pointed out to not be upset when Trump makes a remark that would benefit Trump. The statement she made was as if she was surprised that Trump would want something to happen that would weaken Hillary. Then she got mad at me for pointing this out.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2016 at 5:14:25 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Wizard
In the Paula Jones case it is my understanding that BC came onto PJ in his hotel room, advances that she rebuffed. He later settled the matter for $850,000. If PJ were my wife, I would have been satisfied that justice had been more than done.

You missed the bigger point. He lied under oath to protect himself for this. So I will ask again, if your wife's boss did this then lied under oath at a deposition about his behavior, are you going to say, "shucks, he lied about sex, no big deal, all good man!" Or are you going to want the guy fired for both what he did to your wife and what he probably did to many other women.

Because, see, that is what actually happened.

Quote:
It was not worth obsessing over for two years and how many millions of dollars of taxpayer money were spent on it?

So, you are saying that POTUS is above the law? Because that is what you are saying when you say "let it go." Perjury. Felony. Remember, we are talking about a POTUS who was a lawyer and knew exactly what it means to lie under oath. But instead of holding such a person to a higher standard, Clinton supporters actually want a lower one.
The President is a fink.
April 29th, 2016 at 5:26:22 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
I'm sorry, where did I insult someone? I merely pointed out to not be upset when Trump makes a remark that would benefit Trump. The statement she made was as if she was surprised that Trump would want something to happen that would weaken Hillary. Then she got mad at me for pointing this out.

Grow up. .

Its uncalled for. Skating on thin ice
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 29th, 2016 at 5:32:44 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
Quote: Evenbob
Where's a mod when you need one.
Oh wait, an hour ago he was headed
for 'a drunk'. It's just as well..

Quote: terapined
Its uncalled for. Skating on thin ice

AZD is a hard ass when it comes to politics. Babs has never given me the impression she needs defensive support.

It's politics. People get fired up. It's pretty much the only possibility. AZD ain't gonna fly off the handle, Babs ain't gonna lose her cool. No action needed, warranted, even the acknowledgement of it, over this topic, between these two people, is unnecessary. At least from a mod standpoint.

Carry on. I'd prefer to stay with the pols, as opposed to devolving into a debate over who was the more offensive first =p
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
April 29th, 2016 at 5:39:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Face
At least from a mod standpoint.

I demand a breathalyzer before you render
a verdict.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 29th, 2016 at 6:16:46 PM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
You missed the bigger point. He lied under oath to protect himself for this. So I will ask again, if your wife's boss did this then lied under oath at a deposition about his behavior, are you going to say, "shucks, he lied about sex, no big deal, all good man!" Or are you going to want the guy fired for both what he did to your wife and what he probably did to many other women.

Because, see, that is what actually happened.

So, you are saying that POTUS is above the law? Because that is what you are saying when you say "let it go." Perjury. Felony. Remember, we are talking about a POTUS who was a lawyer and knew exactly what it means to lie under oath. But instead of holding such a person to a higher standard, Clinton supporters actually want a lower one.

If this happened to my wife, yes, I would want as much revenge as possible.

I'll concede that BC had a weakness for women and was morally challenged when it came to keeping that going. However, did it amount to "high crimes and misdemeanors"? I think not. Everybody knew he wouldn't get convicted in the Senate so why waste millions in taxpayer money pursuing it, while getting almost nothing done in DC as a result.

Then again, not much gets done on a good day.
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber