Yet another aviation thread.

Page 110 of 110« First<107108109110
August 28th, 2022 at 4:08:53 AM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I flew Breeze Airlines this week from RSW to LAS. The flight out was on time and I liked the A220. USB ports at every seat is a nice bonus. My return flight was 20 minutes late but I am not blaming Breeze for that delay. Their was a problem in LAS and all of the fueling had to stop at the airport for about 30 minutes. I believe the flight out was just over 5 hours and the return flight was about 4 hours 30 minutes.

Overall, no complaints with Breeze for this flight.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
October 15th, 2022 at 5:57:11 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
WTF
Guy does 40 takeoffs and landings in 1 hour
He's in the Guiness
I flew once with a friend that had a lisc. We did an approved touch and go. Just radio ahead and let them know. You fly in almost landing, touch wheels on the ground and take off. It's something small airfields allow you to practice. These in the Guiness were not touch and goes.

https://www.bta.bg/en/news/bulgaria/344548-bulgarian-pilot-breaks-guinness-world-record
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
October 16th, 2022 at 2:51:46 PM permalink
DRich
Quote: terapined
WTF
Guy does 40 takeoffs and landings in 1 hour
He's in the Guiness
I flew once with a friend that had a lisc. We did an approved touch and go. Just radio ahead and let them know. You fly in almost landing, touch wheels on the ground and take off. It's something small airfields allow you to practice. These in the Guiness were not touch and goes.

https://www.bta.bg/en/news/bulgaria/344548-bulgarian-pilot-breaks-guinness-world-record

30 years ago they allowed me to do touch and go's at McCarran airport in Las Vegas. I doubt they allow that any more.
November 13th, 2022 at 3:22:35 PM permalink
DRich
I always hated flying through Dallas.
November 24th, 2022 at 6:02:02 AM permalink
Gandler
Threads: 27
I went through security today, went through the metal detector, everything was fine, as I was walking out some strange sound came out (not the sound that comes on for metal detection), and the TSA agent stops me and says, "you've been selected for additional screening".

I am dreading this because of all the horror stories I have read over the years (in all of my years of flying several times a year, this is the first time that this has happened), and I was mentally preparing to be taken to some room and searched.

All that happened was they told me to stand somewhere for about 30 seconds, then some other guy shows up and turns on the body scanner (the standard body scanner where you put your arms over your head) and has me stand in the scanner (which took less than five seconds), and then said I am good.

So the moral of the story is don't panick if you get selected for additional screening, all it is, is a body scanner, and it adds virtually no time (not much more than 30 seconds and most of that was waiting for the scanner guy to walk over). Not intrusive or time consuming at all.

It may also be worth noting that the airport is a complete ghost town (which is shocking for a holiday), literally nobody in front of or behind my in my security line, so I don't know if that is why I got selected (if they are forced to do a certain number an hour and there is literally nobody else or whatever, that is just personal speculation).
November 24th, 2022 at 3:48:14 PM permalink
DRich
I have been selected for addition screening three or four times over the last 20 years. It has generally been hassle free and took at most five minutes. On a couple of the occasions they swabbed my carry on bags and put the samples in the machines that look for explosive materials. It never bother me.

I was at a small airport on Wednesday that only one airline flies out of. It was a zoo but well organized and security was very quick.
May 30th, 2023 at 8:26:18 PM permalink
DRich
I am getting excited. I should soon have a chance to fly on a commercial airplane that I have not been on before.

This is the only commercial airplane flying into Augusta Maine now. The Tecnam 2012, a piston powered aircraft.

Page 110 of 110« First<107108109110