Yet another aviation thread.

June 26th, 2017 at 12:50:49 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
Its not some luxurious toy for executives, its a working plane that saves the company money.

Sorry! I refuse to believe that someone would spend $60 million on a jet with that incredible range of 12,500 km. with a capacity: 14–19 passengers.

This airline has no flights over 4000 km. You wouldn't spend that kind of money on a plane to carry parts and technicians.

4000 km range circle

That plane is an executive toy so they can fly to Europe.
June 26th, 2017 at 1:00:07 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: Pacomartin

What makes most sense to me so far, it's that it's the airline president's private jet.

I suppose they could use it to send mechanics and parts to a distant trouble spot, even though a fault so bad it grounds a jet until it can be repaired is rare (absent a crash, which produces rather major faults).

Hey, maybe the CEO has to beg to use it (and cover fuel and a rental fee).
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 26th, 2017 at 1:25:17 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
Quote: Nareed
What makes most sense to me so far, it's that it's the airline president's private jet. I can't believe that expensive of an aircraft would be sitting for so long.

I don't know if Flightaware can be trusted for foreign travel but it hasn't reported a flight in seven weeks..

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/XAMAV
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 26th, 2017 at 1:46:11 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Quote: DRich
I don't know if Flightaware can be trusted for foreign travel but it hasn't reported a flight in seven weeks..

I get the feeling that flightaware has very little insight into private travel. Also, I know that people can request to be taken off their database so for instance you can't track DJT's private jet before he became POTUS.

FlightAware leverages data from air traffic control systems in over 55 countries, from FlightAware's network of ADS-B ground stations in over 150 countries, from Aireon space-based global ADS-B, and using global datalink (satellite/VHF) via every major provider, including ARINC, SITA, Satcom Direct, Garmin, Honeywell GDC, and UVdatalink.
June 26th, 2017 at 2:17:36 PM permalink
DRich
Threads: 51
I get the feeling that flightaware has very little insight into private travel. Also, I know that people can request to be taken off their database so for instance you can't track DJT's private jet before he became POTUS.

FlightAware leverages data from air traffic control systems in over 55 countries, from FlightAware's network of ADS-B ground stations in over 150 countries, from Aireon space-based global ADS-B, and using global datalink (satellite/VHF) via every major provider, including ARINC, SITA, Satcom Direct, Garmin, Honeywell GDC, and UVdatalink.

Flightaware includes all private aircraft in the U.S. if they file a flight plan and have not asked to be hidden. I use it all the time to track our company jets. The fact one flight shows up for that plane makes me assume it isn't hidden.
At my age a Life In Prison sentence is not much of a detrrent.
June 26th, 2017 at 2:31:00 PM permalink
Nareed
Quote: DRich
Flightaware includes all private aircraft in the U.S. if they file a flight plan and have not asked to be hidden. I use it all the time to track our company jets. The fact one flight shows up for that plane makes me assume it isn't hidden.

Maybe not, but it was in Paris last week ;)

I'm going to be making inquiries as to how many business jets are owned and/or operated by airlines, outside airlines that only own and/or operate business jets.
June 26th, 2017 at 3:12:39 PM permalink
Pacomartin

Emirates lists their single executive jet as part of their fleet. There is no obvious posting that says how often it is used for corporate executives as opposed to being chartered. But a plane that large (modified A319) might be used almost exclusively by the royal family. The plane has 10 suites and 5 beds.

But Emirates is a public company, unlike Interjet.
June 26th, 2017 at 3:38:33 PM permalink
Nareed
Emirates lists their single executive jet as part of their fleet. There is no obvious posting that says how often it is used for corporate executives as opposed to being chartered. But a plane that large (modified A319) might be used almost exclusively by the royal family. The plane has 10 suites and 5 beds.

The math doesn't seem to add up :)

Quote:
But Emirates is a public company, unlike Interjet.

Also state-owned, unlike Interjet.

But now I'm curious whether Aeromexico, Delta, American, Qantas, Lufthansa, et-very-large-al own or operate business jets. it would be a bit like a bus company owning luxury sedans or limos.

BTW, if I had oodles of money, and I mean in the range of Mid-East royalty money, I'd try something completely crazy like carrying a business jet inside a 747-8 or an A380 (I know the wings probably won't fit).

Otherwise my dream private jet would be a CS-100 with a shower, bedroom, closet and kitchen. I 'd have lots of fun trying to come up with things to cook with the equipment permitted aboard a commercial plane. It would be quite extravagant, as I can't see flying more than four people, plus two pilots and maybe one FA, at one time.
June 26th, 2017 at 4:58:47 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Well, there is always that "Fourth Cookie Syndrome".
June 26th, 2017 at 5:30:25 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Bombardier sells the Global 8000

Quote: Nareed
Otherwise my dream private jet would be a CS-100 with a shower, bedroom, closet and kitchen. I 'd have lots of fun trying to come up with things to cook with the equipment permitted aboard a commercial plane. It would be quite extravagant, as I can't see flying more than four people, plus two pilots and maybe one FA, at one time.

I would say "quite extravagant" is an understatment. Even 30 people in a plane that size would be indulgent.

CS100
Cockpit crew 2 pilots
Passengers 108 (8F + 100Y) to 133 (1-class)
Length 114 ft 9 in
Cabin length 77 ft 10 in
Cabin width 129.0 in
Cabin height 83.0 in

GS8000
Passengers 13
Length 102 ft 2 in
Cabin length 45 ft 7 in
Cabin width 98 in
Cabin height 75 in

GS8000
Passengers 17