Before and after in MENA

October 24th, 2015 at 2:47:02 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jan/26/syria-heritage-in-ruins-before-and-after-pictures

The west brought this to Syria and this is what the refugees want to escape, they aren't running away from Assad, they are escaping the bombs, most of them made in America.

Also this: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-24/haunting-drone-footage-captures-syrian-destruction-stunning-high-def#comments

It is not a civil war, it is a proxy war and world powers have drawn a line in the sand.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
October 24th, 2015 at 5:25:30 PM permalink
Face
Threads: 61
I must be in a mood. I had just about no reaction to that.

No, I'm definitely in a mood. Imagine if we had this tech in the days of Ho Chi Mihn. Or Hirohito. Or Colombus. Or Khan. I could go on, because it goes on.

Humans war. Call it what you want, but this has been going on forever.
Be bold and risk defeat, or be cautious and encourage it.
October 24th, 2015 at 11:14:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Face
I must be in a mood. I had just about no reaction to that.

No, I'm definitely in a mood. Imagine if we had this tech in the days of Ho Chi Mihn. Or Hirohito. Or Colombus. Or Khan. I could go on, because it goes on.

Humans war. Call it what you want, but this has been going on forever.

Everybody is desensitized to the killing and destruction. "For the US and NATO, they would be provoking a wider war within the borders of a foreign nation in direct violation of the UN Charter, without a UN Security Council resolution, and with an entire planet now aware of their role in creating and perpetuating the very terrorist threat they have claimed now for a decade to be at ‘war’ with." from this article: http://thenewsdoctors.com/us-turkey-buffer-zone-to-save-isis-not-stop-them/

The rest of the world knows who supports ISIS and where they got much of their weaponry and logistical support. We lose our freedom and our country and industry, it just doesn't seem to matter very much to average American. Not until we re-institute the draft.
October 25th, 2015 at 6:20:19 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
When Assad was only the Area Military Commander he sold the Golan Heights to Israel, later he took over the entire country and was the sixth richest known individual. He made most of his money smuggling drugs but I wonder why the Russians are so enamored with him? Is Syria the source of their heroin? Is heroin that big with them?

Are the Saudis feeling beseiged? They funded most of the wars. Now the wars have grown to engulf them and they no longer get any respect... sort of like a whale who is close to the felt.
October 25th, 2015 at 10:46:58 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
He made most of his money smuggling drugs but I wonder why the Russians are so enamored with him? Is Syria the source of their heroin? Is heroin that big with them?
The major Heroin producer in the world now is Afghanistan, who took the title back from Turkey when the west dethroned the Taliban.

Putin is enamored with Syria for several reasons, one is Tartus is Russia's only port on the eastern Mediterranean. Assad has vowed that no western axis natural gas would flow through Syria's pipeline to Europe, which would cut Russia's stranglehold for petroleum/ LNG.

It is a world game of thrones going on over there right now. Putin is already in talks with Jordan. Is friendly with Iran, who is in control of Iraq, and supports Yemen [Iranian Shia/ Houthi's] who are fighting a war with SA. The balance of power is swinging away from the petrodollar at alarming rates for those that are watching. The US is rapidly losing credibility on the world stage, especially now that the west's support for ISIS is well known.

In the last couple weeks, Iraq has invited the Russians to bomb ISIS in their country because the west wouldn't do what was needed. [which was no surprise considering we helped create, fund and train them] So Iran and Russia have great influence over Iraq, after more than 20 years of our occupation and trillions of dollars spent along with thousands of American lives.

Quote:
Are the Saudis feeling beseiged? They funded most of the wars. Now the wars have grown to engulf them and they no longer get any respect... sort of like a whale who is close to the felt.
Qutar has announced it would spend as much as necessary to dethrone Assad, although they don't have much of an army themselves. Some reports say SA's giant Gowar field will be depleted in 5 years and they have their hands full fighting on two fronts with Yemen and Syria. Their mortal enemy are the Shia/Iran who now control Iraq.

On a biblical note, Putin is defending Christianity in Syria. Isn't this where Revelations has ww3 starting?
October 25th, 2015 at 12:33:59 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
With 90% of the refugees invading EU
being men in their 20's and 30's, where
will all these guys find young Muslim
women to marry in the Christian countries
they have invaded.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 25th, 2015 at 1:49:10 PM permalink
petroglyph
I wonder what "Z" thinks about all this?

and from the article " from the endless Greek bailouts, to the austerity paradox, to European youth unemployment stubbornly flat at 50% for years in many "southern" European nations, to Europe's QE creating the deflationary impulse it is said to be fighting against, and now - to the "refugee crisis", it is all playing out as if according to some unseen script."

Rest of article:http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-10-25/if-we-dont-find-solution-today-its-end-european-union-europes-refugee-crisis-hits-ti#comments

And that is before you bring up this very valid point:

Quote:
With 90% of the refugees invading EU
being men in their 20's and 30's, where
will all these guys find young Muslim
women to marry in the Christian countries
they have invaded.
Heading into winter with a million more homeless refugees, already angry, and no women. Seems like a recipe for chaos?

Add to that, the price of natural gas going way up do to the sanctions placed on Russian gas, because of the faux conflict in Ukraine.