Maybe a travel section here?

October 24th, 2012 at 11:33:40 AM permalink
RedNeckerson
Threads: 5
I finally found a reason to visit Prague. I didn't see a travel section so put the link here.

http://www.sedlecossuary.com/

Still deciding on a proper sig
October 24th, 2012 at 12:40:55 PM permalink
aluisio
Threads: 2
I think it's a great sugestion, perhaps later I will post something about South America. Travelling abroad is always nice and having some tips prior is a must!
October 25th, 2012 at 11:56:08 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
I think the biggest problem this forum is going to have is in gaining traction outside the WoV regulars. To that end I think there should be as few sub-forums as possible. Everything in the "Lighter Topics" section could be rolled up into "Entertainment & Leisure" and sub-forums created as they are needed. As it sits right now if I were to just stumble across this place I'd think it was a dead, failed experiment and move on just based on the sub forums having 1 post here, 2 posts there nature. Sure they'll begin to fill up over time, but at this stage the place would look a lot more alive and vibrant if there was an "E&L" section with 19 posts in it instead of 12 sub forums with some having 0 posts and the top one having 5.

IMO, too many sub forums is the worst and most often made mistakes of new forums.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur
October 27th, 2012 at 4:54:50 AM permalink
johnnyq
Threads: 1
Quote: MonkeyMonkey
I think the biggest problem this forum is going to have is in gaining traction outside the WoV regulars.

DT is not blocked on my work network as a gambling
site, so now I will have something "productive" to do
during lunch.
October 27th, 2012 at 2:31:06 PM permalink
MonkeyMonkey
Threads: 0
Quote: johnnyq
DT is not blocked on my work network as a gambling
site, so now I will have something "productive" to do
during lunch.

DT just popped up. I don't know how your company blocks sites, some have in house resources that review where people go and block them on an ad hoc basis, other subscribe to a service that essentially performs the same service. Give it time, you may not have this "productive" solution for long.
World's most discriminating Kool-Aid connoisseur