Priest: Church Full of Homophobic Hate

Page 1 of 3123>
October 28th, 2015 at 1:38:09 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
I have have to wonder how many other
priests worldwide feel this way:

He says he can no longer bear the "homophobic hate of the Church, the exclusion, the marginalisation and the stigmatisation of people like me", whose "human rights are denied" by the Church.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34654581
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2015 at 3:31:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
I have have to wonder how many other
priests worldwide feel this way:

He says he can no longer bear the "homophobic hate of the Church, the exclusion, the marginalisation and the stigmatisation of people like me", whose "human rights are denied" by the Church.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34654581

Didn't he get fired for breaking his chastity vow? If he didn't like said rules he should not have accepted a Holy Order.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2015 at 3:48:40 PM permalink
Evenbob
That's not what this is about. He knew he
would be fired when he outed himself.
He did it to protest the abominable way
Gays are treated in the Church.

"He says that after a "long and tormented period of discernment and prayer", he had taken the decision to "publicly reject the violence of the Church towards homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual and intersexual people"
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
October 28th, 2015 at 4:20:37 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
That's not what this is about. He knew he
would be fired when he outed himself.
He did it to protest the abominable way
Gays are treated in the Church.

"He says that after a "long and tormented period of discernment and prayer", he had taken the decision to "publicly reject the violence of the Church towards homosexual, lesbian, bisexual, transsexual and intersexual people"

He should learn to show some tolerance to people who do not share his views.
The President is a fink.
October 28th, 2015 at 4:36:08 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Responding solely to the title:

Special Report: Scientist report the discovery of Dihydrogen monoxide in the Pacific ocean. It's believed to be wet, and to exist in large quantities.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
October 28th, 2015 at 5:17:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: AZDuffman
He should learn to show some tolerance to people who do not share his views.

I see what you did there. Irony.
October 29th, 2015 at 2:54:43 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
I have trouble squaring the phenomenon of Catholic homosexual priests being evidently over-represented [judging by all the scandal over molestation of young men] and this purported anti-homosexual official stance.

And, yes, there were evidently sexually active homosexual Popes. Who would ever have bet against that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_sexually_active_popes#Popes_accused_of_being_sexually_active_during_pontificate
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
October 29th, 2015 at 5:20:57 AM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Innocenzo_Ciocchi_del_Monte

Male lover of one of the popes. Uneducated, uneducatable. Appointed to cardinal, accused rapist and murderer.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
October 29th, 2015 at 1:44:17 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
What a strange and troubling thread.

First of all he is wrong about the priesthood and the prevalence of homosexuals in Holy Orders. It might be a case of his vantage point is a little skewed. Most importantly I think he is wrong about the Church hating anyone who is homosexual. I don't see how the Church marginalizes, excludes, or stigmatizes anyone with a same-sex attraction.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
October 29th, 2015 at 2:56:45 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: FrGamble
I don't see how the Church marginalizes, excludes, or stigmatizes anyone with a same-sex attraction.

He's not American. Some countries have
far less tolerance for Gays than we do.
Page 1 of 3123>