Did you ever notice?

Page 3 of 25<123456>Last »
November 13th, 2015 at 12:07:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble

For Evenbob, I do want to jut say briefly that any serious look at the mythology of the old pagan religions show that there is little to no connection to Christianity. .

You must be joking, it's ALL from pagan origins.

http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/biblianazar/esp_biblianazar_33.htm

"The core of Christianity—the worship of a miracle working, walking, talking godman who brings salvation—was also the core of other ancient religions that began a thousand years before Jesus."

http://pocm.info/

"Christianity borrowed salvation, baptism, the eucharist, heaven, hell, a virgin born Jesus Christ the Son of God from ancient Pagan religions. Copycat."

http://pocm.info/getting_started_pocm.html

http://articles.exchristian.net/2003/04/is-christianity-based-on-pagan-roots.php

There is lots of actual evidence that every
belief Christians hold predates Jesus by
centuries. And after he died, they rolled
merrily along stealing every bit of paganism
they could and calling it their own.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2015 at 1:16:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Oh Bob, you are so very mislead. Please read this brief article: Is Catholicism Pagan?

"Ultimately, all attempts to prove Catholicism "pagan" fail. Catholic doctrines are neither borrowed from the mystery religions nor introduced from pagans after the conversion of Constantine. To make a charge of paganism stick, one must be able to show more than a similarity between something in the Church and something in the non-Christian world. One must be able to demonstrate a legitimate connection between the two, showing clearly that one is a result of the other, and that there is something wrong with the non-Christian item.

In the final analysis, nobody has been able to prove these things regarding a doctrine of the Catholic faith, or even its officially authorized practices. The charge of paganism just doesn’t work."
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 13th, 2015 at 2:34:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Oh Bob, you are so very mislead.

lol! You have drank so much of the Kool
Aid that you believe your own hype now.

The fact that people still believe all the
pagan superstitious crap in the 21st
century is embarrassing. I'm still waiting
for the whereabouts of all those Jewish
saints that came flying out of their tombs
and graves when Jesus was supposedly
resurrected. Too funny..

If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 13th, 2015 at 7:05:51 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
Even the apostles raised others from the dead, and one was raised himself.
http://www.biblestudy.org/question/who-has-been-resurrected-from-the-dead.html

I wonder why they stopped that tradition?
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
November 13th, 2015 at 10:08:36 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: boymimbo
Julius Caesar converted from Lunar to Solar in 46 AD.

Meton (ca. 440 BC) made the amazing observation that 235 lunar months made up almost exactly 19 solar years.
Modern measurements calculate 19 solar years = 234.997 lunar months. or 19*12+7=235
So lunar calendars added months in years 3, 5, 8, 11, 13, 16, and 19 of the cycle , the lunar cycles were synched with the solar cycles to within a week or two each year.

So technically the older calendars were called "lunisolar calendars" since they did make corrections every 2 or 3 years.

Athens was at 38° N, so it wasn't tropical, but it was fairly warm. So the deviations didn't matter a whole lot for cycles of planting crops.
November 13th, 2015 at 11:11:41 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Dalex64

I wonder why they stopped that tradition?

lol. I'd become a believer tomorrow if they
still had all those powers today. All they
seem to be able to do now is bankrupt
themselves from paying off people who
were molested by priests. Not very impressive.
November 14th, 2015 at 3:42:49 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
The power to resurrect people from the dead is very much alive today. I regularly see people whose lives were dead in sin rise to a new life of grace. I have seen many lives joyfully transformed by the love of Jesus Christ!
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 14th, 2015 at 4:05:10 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
As I said, I occasionally peek.

Quote: Evenbob
You must be joking, it's ALL from pagan origins.

That's the most ineffectual argument to be made against religion.

Yes, it's ALL from pagan origins. All of it. ALL of Western civilization is of pagan, Greco-Roman origins (with assorted influences).

Why would you expect religion to be any different?
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
November 14th, 2015 at 5:48:52 PM permalink
Evenbob
Quote: Nareed

Why would you expect religion to be any different?

I don't. FrG says Christianity is not rooted
deeply in pagan religions. There is not
a thing unique in his religion. Nothing.
November 14th, 2015 at 5:50:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
The power to resurrect people from the dead is very much alive today. I regularly see people whose lives were dead in sin

You know they aren't really dead, right? Like
Jesus was dead? And they aren't dead in sin
either, sin doesn't exist.
Page 3 of 25<123456>Last »