Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

Page 3 of 58<123456>Last »
November 17th, 2015 at 12:45:38 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Pacomartin

The leaders who want to restore the caliphate are very aware of the entire history of Islam and have not forgotten anything.

Islam has a very long memory of what Catholic
Christians did to them. Unlike FrG, who seems
to have no memory of the Churches past
transgressions at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2015 at 2:49:51 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Possibly a very good analogy. While certainly many anti-Germanic slurs were hurled in WWII, only the most bigoted person could believe that every German was a sadistic killer. But the power was certainly driving them a certain way.

There are over a billion Muslims in the world. You would have to be a bigot to think that all of them are sadists. But a lot of the religion is clearly about dominance and holy wars.

The thing is this, when you are in a war you do not care if you are "bigoted." You care about survival first then winning after that. In a war you do not say, "well, we know it is not every last (German, Japanese, Mexican, Brit, etc) that we have a problem with and we know many are good people......... You just fight to win, "feelings" be damned! The fact that so many people keep up this line of, "there are good muslims!" is why we are going to lose, and lose big. Repeating myself, but we do not have the will and desire to win.

Quote:
My mother believes that the intelligentsia of Islam basis their actions on historical memories. Look at the Muslim attempt to conquer Europe centered around three major historical events or periods.

Muslims have been trying to take over Europe since their first prophet. They will not stop. Previously Europe resisted, now they are not.
The President is a fink.
November 17th, 2015 at 4:23:30 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
Muslims have been trying to take over Europe since their first prophet. They will not stop. Previously Europe resisted, now they are not.

Muhammad died in 632 and the great battle outside of Paris where they were turned back was in 732. But they had to fight there way across Northern Africa and take over Spain first.

The key point is these dates and locations could be just as influenced by events up to 1300 years ago as well as events of the last few years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Lepanto
The Battle of Lepanto on 7 October 1571 would be the next great European victory against the Muslims to be avenged. Six of the eight states in the Holy League in 1571 are in present day Italy, which explains ISIS announcement that Rome would be one of the next targets.
Holy League in 1571
Papal States
Republic of Venice
Republic of Genoa
Grand Duchy of Tuscany
Duchy of Savoy
Duchy of Urbino
Order of Saint John (Malta)
Spanish Empire
November 17th, 2015 at 6:41:09 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62

The leaders who want to restore the caliphate are very aware of the entire history of Islam and have not forgotten anything. The phrase "Islamic terrorist" is not meant to call a billion people sadists.
What is that joke about hunters never having to outrun a bear but only being required to outrun their own companion?
November 17th, 2015 at 7:07:46 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
The thing is this, when you are in a war you do not care if you are "bigoted." You care about survival first then winning after that. In a war you do not say, "well, we know it is not every last (German, Japanese, Mexican, Brit, etc) that we have a problem with and we know many are good people......... You just fight to win, "feelings" be damned! The fact that so many people keep up this line of, "there are good muslims!" is why we are going to lose, and lose big. Repeating myself, but we do not have the will and desire to win.

Religion <> nationalities, and that an issue you are ignoring. It was fairly easy to identify those of Japenese descent and put them in internment camps, wasn't so easy for the German-Americans.

The world has turned to assymetric warfare and you are still thinking conventionally. Even the current leading edge of government has engaged mostly in unmanned warfare attacking a target that has no defense except human shielding and hiding.

There has been an effort to repress terrorism for decades now and what has been learned? New terrorists will replace the old ones; they will stay one step ahead of the counter-intelligence; and they will be successful in carrying out major attacks. Just look at the characters who pulled this off: The masterminds are nationals of Belgium and France... none of them were short-term arrivals, but were converts to extremist Islam. Stories of the current mastermind was that he was moderate until just over a year ago.

Like gun-owners who develop a mental illness, they are just ticking timebombs waiting to go off. How do you stop that? You don't.
November 17th, 2015 at 9:37:29 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: boymimbo

Like gun-owners who develop a mental illness, they are just ticking timebombs waiting to go off. How do you stop that? You don't.

Because people don't kill people, guns kill people.

Right?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 17th, 2015 at 10:25:00 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
In a war you do not say, "well, we know it is not every last (German, Japanese, Mexican, Brit, etc) that we have a problem with and we know many are good people.........

So, you have two sides, neither of which tries to distinguish between non-combatants? Who are the evil people then?

Let's just bayonet babies in their cribs, while we're at it.

One of the leadership in the Nazi party (I forget which one) in discussing getting rid of the Jews said to the effect that you really can't kill the parents without killing the children because the children will grow up to avenge their parents. So, you have to kill them all. Sure, there is logic to that, if you are a barbarian.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2015 at 3:00:29 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: boymimbo

The world has turned to assymetric warfare and you are still thinking conventionally. Even the current leading edge of government has engaged mostly in unmanned warfare attacking a target that has no defense except human shielding and hiding.

No, I am thinking in terms of a long tern cultural struggle. When islam invades a culture it is at first "quiet." There are so few that they cannot act up and if they do they will get swatted down. As it grows as a percent it gets more demanding, intolerant, and violent.

I do not know about you, but I do not want a society like Saudi Arabia, Egypt, or Pakistan here in the USA. Let these refugees go to another islamic country where the fit will be better. Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the UAE should be expected to take them before western countries do.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 4:37:23 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
No, I am thinking in terms of a long tern cultural struggle. When islam invades a culture it is at first "quiet." There are so few that they cannot act up and if they do they will get swatted down. As it grows as a percent it gets more demanding, intolerant, and violent.

Is Dearborn more violent due to the Muslim population?

That's all totally absurd
Know any Muslims?
I know some Muslims
Good People
Just like you and me
Just trying to make it in life without pushing their religious views on others

If you do know a Muslim personally in real life?
what is that persons view on terrorism?
My Dr is a Muslim. Totally cool guy.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2015 at 5:55:03 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: terapined
Is Dearborn more violent due to the Muslim population?

That's all totally absurd
Know any Muslims?
I know some Muslims
Good People
Just like you and me
Just trying to make it in life without pushing their religious views on others

If you do know a Muslim personally in real life?
what is that persons view on terrorism?
My Dr is a Muslim. Totally cool guy.

I guess I have to say it yet again. There may be fine individuals but as a culture islam is a problem and cannot live side by side with western society.

As to. Dearborn one stat I see shows it in the 17 percentile for safety meaning over 4 in 5 places are safet. Cite is neighborhoodscout.com. Cant direct link from smartphone sorry.
The President is a fink.
Page 3 of 58<123456>Last »