Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

Page 4 of 58<1234567>Last »
November 18th, 2015 at 6:03:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
I guess I have to say it yet again. There may be fine individuals but as a culture islam is a problem and cannot live side by side with western society..

Sure they can
any problems with the mosques in Dearborn
of course not.

As to. Dearborn one stat I see shows it in the 17 percentile for safety meaning over 4 in 5 places are safet. Cite is neighborhoodscout.com. Cant direct link from smartphone sorry.

They got the Nations capitol beat. I would say 1/2 the neighborhoods in DC unsafe.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2015 at 6:55:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Sure they can
any problems with the mosques in Dearborn
of course not.

They got the Nations capitol beat. I would say 1/2 the neighborhoods in DC unsafe.

You asked if it was a safe city. It is clearly anything but. Please try a new line of attack.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 7:02:48 AM permalink
terapined
You asked if it was a safe city. It is clearly anything but. Please try a new line of attack.

According to your theory on Muslims
Dearborn should be the unsafest city in the USA
Its not.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 18th, 2015 at 7:10:58 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
Muslims I have had personal contact with have seemed to be fine people and good workers. I can think of one exception, a guy I worked with who could be difficult in the usual ways, hardly worth mentioning. But what do you expect? They interview the neighbors of murderers and seems like they always say they never suspected a thing, nice guy, etc.

There's just a percentage, maybe not a large one, that are off the rails in what they are thinking and don't talk to you about. A small percentage that are ready to kill you is a percentage to avoid when it is avoidable. We can avoid taking in refugees from the wrong places. IMO people from the following should be kept out with few exceptions, roughly in order of worst first:

Pakistan
Egypt
Syria
Libya
Saudi Arabia
Kenya
Somalia

I'm sure I left somebody out.

And Turkey comes to mind as maybe a place that less vetting would be needed.
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 18th, 2015 at 8:08:28 AM permalink
terapined
Quote: odiousgambit
. We can avoid taking in refugees from the wrong places. IMO people from the following should be kept out with few exceptions, roughly in order of worst first:

Pakistan
Egypt
Syria
Libya
Saudi Arabia
Kenya
Somalia

I disagree
I treat all people as individuals
I take the MLK stance
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
What country you come from is meaningless.
What is important is the content of your Character.

Steve Jobs father came from Syria.
November 18th, 2015 at 8:16:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
I disagree
I treat all people as individuals
I take the MLK stance
"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."
What country you come from is meaningless.
What is important is the content of your Character.

Steve Jobs father came from Syria.

Nice thought but not practical. We live in a world where we have enemies and at the same time need to protect our interests. As to mlk his dream died with him. His biggest supporters tend to be nost in favor of judging people on skin color today.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 8:23:02 AM permalink
terapined
. His biggest supporters tend to be nost in favor of judging people on skin color today.

???????
I would say his biggest supporters belong to that large institution know as Black Christian Church
Is their a larger group of supporters I am missing?
Or you referring to a small minority of people that you use to falsely paint as the majority?
November 18th, 2015 at 9:25:40 AM permalink
AZDuffman
???????
I would say his biggest supporters belong to that large institution know as Black Christian Church
Is their a larger group of supporters I am missing?
Or you referring to a small minority of people that you use to falsely paint as the majority?

I am talking about those who support affirmative action. Those who are marching at colleges for "safe places" for my minority students only. Yes, you are missing something.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 9:33:05 AM permalink
odiousgambit
Threads: 154
To be clear, my position on Muslims who are already citizens is entirely different. As for green card holders, also completely different except I think there should be more vigilance about those overstaying their visas than with other groups. Yes, this is discrimination. Discrimination for a valid reason.

I like to compare it to what self defense experts say about paying attention to your instincts. They are responding to instances where, say, a woman finds herself on steps down to the subway and sees a man and situation that alarm her. Due to his ethnicity, she disregards her instincts and walks down, afraid to seem like she was a racist or bigot. Sometimes she is raped, robbed, or killed, or all 3, yet it was avoidable. This happens enough that I had no trouble finding the image. It's a problem.

There are a million other situations where it would be wrong to discriminate against that same person. But not when personal safety is involved.

IMO, we are very much in danger of worrying about discriminating against what actually are people coming from places where they hate us. It's a 'duh' !!

... but also spell 'their' correctly lol
I'm Still Standing, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah [it's an old guy chant for me]
November 18th, 2015 at 11:08:38 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
The radicalization of the young looks a lot like several charismatic type movements. You notice most of the older folks leaders, seem to stay in the leadership position, and apparently in no hurry to blow themselves up for paradise.

I'm talking about the radical groups themselves rather than the larger Muslim population.

All the infamous cult leaders, while many didn't commit murders during their heyday, all were apparently quite capable of getting all their followers and others that got in the way killed through their extremism, usually at the end.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
Page 4 of 58<1234567>Last »