Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

November 18th, 2015 at 11:22:18 AM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Actually, come to think of it, in any job there are always people who angle to avoid the worst job. I'm sure every once in awhile someone thinks, hey, why I am I the suicide bomber, and you're always the "trainer".
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2015 at 11:25:18 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: odiousgambit
..... paying attention to your instincts. They are responding to instances where, say, a woman finds herself on steps down to the subway and sees a man and situation that alarm her. Due to his ethnicity, she disregards her instincts and walks down, afraid to seem like she was a racist or bigot. Sometimes she is raped, robbed, or killed, or all 3, yet it was avoidable.....
Maybe someone should run a large poll and ask " if you are going to be robbed and raped" would you prefer it be a white guy or one with color?

I can see it now, 9 out of ten rape victims prefer white guys violating them. There may be some truth to that? The last guy that tried caving in my head was a white guy, and I don't hold his color against him at all?

You are aware that the racial profile for serial killers says most are white guys, right?

I couldn't agree more though with being self aware and trusting your instincts. In the same situation, I think a woman would be incredible naive to go down those stairs unarmed and assume she won't be violated because the guy is pale. At least have her hand on some pepper spray. I have read wasp spray actually works better, but the cans are huge. I have a self defense spray I take on walks, it has two shots. Pretty cool. Sent one to my daughter who works past dark and has to cross a parking lot.

I hope to pick up a .380 3at Keltec this weekend, 10oz. loaded. [ auto : (] plus the holster, but these are the times we live in. That one has an extended clip. I am intrigued by the shoot through wallet holster. I wear cargo pants most of the time. My slacks are even cargo. This thing will be invisible. I'll check the Ruger although the last one I had jammed and I swore I'd never have another Ruger. Now I feel so "cheap", but it does have a slide lock.

I don't think many want to rape me outside some prison, but I have become a much easier target than I used to be, and I think there are more bad guys who are more desperate? Maybe I will get a chance to shoot some radical b-eye-tee-see-h?

As far as the muzzy thing: I have been to several doctors that are either paki or Indian. One woman I know grew up in the "cast" system in Mumbai, and of course she was upper cast. The room is thick with her disdain for less affluent patients. She seems to look down her nose every time she sees me, I am glad she is so pretty, it makes it easier to swallow. I really dislike being condescended to from ugly women, I prefer at least they be eye candy.

no extension
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 18th, 2015 at 11:52:36 AM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: terapined
mis post, this thing doesn't have a safety on it, and I mis fired : ). I need to watch where I'm pointing it.
November 18th, 2015 at 3:14:02 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: odiousgambit

I like to compare it to what self defense experts say about paying attention to your instincts. They are responding to instances where, say, a woman finds herself on steps down to the subway and sees a man and situation that alarm her. Due to his ethnicity, she disregards her instincts and walks down, afraid to seem like she was a racist or bigot. Sometimes she is raped, robbed, or killed, or all 3, yet it was avoidable. This happens enough that I had no trouble finding the image. It's a problem.

Quote: petroglyph
Maybe someone should run a large poll and ask " if you are going to be robbed and raped" would you prefer it be a white guy or one with color?

I can see it now, 9 out of ten rape victims prefer white guys violating them. There may be some truth to that? The last guy that tried caving in my head was a white guy, and I don't hold his color against him at all?

As is common what we have is a person implying racism while at the same time making a silly statement to hide the brutal truth. First of all, During the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

The fist fact therefore, blacks attack whites in disproportionate numbers. Next, what OG is saying here is use some common sense and don't let fear of appearing racist block that common sense. He is not talking about the 40 year old black professional dressed in a suit. What I am figuring he is saying is if you are a white female and you see a young black male dressed in a hoodie and with a less than friendly look then you should go to the next platform. Liberals who never venture to the subway will call you a racist and say he is just eating Skittles and waiting for a train, but if it looks and feels wrong well there is good reason to think he does.

Blacks attack whites way more than whites attack blacks. 1 in 3 black males in the USA will be in prison in their lifetimes. So when a white female uses her head, don't call it "racism." Call it prudence. Too many white females let themselves be played in the USA for fear of being called racist.

Quote:
You are aware that the racial profile for serial killers says most are white guys, right?

You are aware that serial killers are not a common thing, right?

John Douglas, a former chief of the FBI's Elite Serial Crime Unit and author of "Mind Hunter," says, "A very conservative estimate is that there are between 35 and 50 active serial killers in the United States" at any given time. Often, Douglas told me, they will, "kill two to three victims and then have a 'cooling-off' period between kills." That period can be days and in some cases (such as the BTK Strangler, Dennis Rader, convicted of killing 10 people from 1974 to 1991) even years."
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 3:23:00 PM permalink
rxwine
I think the demographic of serial killers has possibly changed. They thought the DC sniper killers were white. They were black.

I do think conditions that breed a serial killer can become just as common in any racial group. If you have a prosperous black middle class, you will get more of the same dysfunctional alienated black kids suddenly showing up as random shooters from nice neighborhoods acting just like some of the white killers blowing away schoolmates on some crazy shooting spree. Not over drugs or gang crime, just the random shooter.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 18th, 2015 at 3:30:51 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
I think the demographic of serial killers has possibly changed. They thought the DC sniper killers were white. They were black.

I do think conditions that breed a serial killer can become just as common in any racial group. If you have a prosperous black middle class, you will get more of the same dysfunctional alienated black kids suddenly showing up as random shooters from nice neighborhoods acting just like some of the white killers blowing away schoolmates on some crazy shooting spree. Not over drugs or gang crime, just the random shooter.

Not sure if "random shooter" = "serial killer." If I am wrong please cite but to me serial killers always did their business in private and usually have a pattern in victims. Victims are almost always of the same race and usually women or children.

Back in the 1970s there were the Atlanta Child Kidnappings. People were blaming white racists, the only guy convicted was black, they only got him on a small few of them.
The President is a fink.
November 18th, 2015 at 5:31:36 PM permalink
TheCesspit
Threads: 23
Quote: AZDuffman
Not sure if "random shooter" = "serial killer."

Nope, your right. Random shooters are spree killers. Different pathology.

Quote:
If I am wrong please cite but to me serial killers always did their business in private and usually have a pattern in victims. Victims are almost always of the same race and usually women or children.

A quick fact says it's true-ish.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/wicked-deeds/201411/serial-killer-myth-no-5-all-victims-are-female

About 70% of the victims are female on the killers between 1985-2010. That's after the major time span of guys like the Green River Killer (49+ females).

The type of killing tends to have a pattern for the killer, which may then lead to similarities to the victims profiles, but not always. BTK Killer was open access. Dahmer killed 17 young men, etc. Serial killers don't just kill for sex (though that's a common motif), it's about power and control. Which will tend to result in weaker victims, which tends to be females and children. I suspect race is probably similar again due to access rather than preference.
It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die.... it's called Life
November 18th, 2015 at 8:18:39 PM permalink
petroglyph
As is common what we have is a person implying racism while at the same time making a silly statement to hide the brutal truth.
I find humor a useful tool in conveying thoughts. It is also a coping mechanism for me to deal with tragedy, and ugliness. I need to make light of the horrific way we treat each other. I certainly don't mean to appear "silly". You do recall this:
There is little real change in USA policy when we change parties. Some stuff around the edges.

Quote:
First of all, During the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

The fist fact therefore, blacks attack whites in disproportionate numbers. Next, what OG is saying here is use some common sense and don't let fear of appearing racist block that common sense. He is not talking about the 40 year old black professional dressed in a suit. What I am figuring he is saying is if you are a white female and you see a young black male dressed in a hoodie and with a less than friendly look then you should go to the next platform.
I don't disagree with any of this.

Again, I think humor can be a great education tool or means of communication. Having raised daughters which you have not, I wanted them to consider all exposures, not just minority's in hoodies. In the north, everyone wears hoodies, even in summer, but of course that is beside your point.

Every parent try's to teach their kids not to get in cars with strangers. I get that there are more threatening looking people, than others. But I also impressed this upon my kids. Child molesters often dress nicely are often clean and drive good cars. It is a tool of predators to appear non threatening. Having had a food concession business, one of our frequent clients were biker rodeo's. These guys are all tatted up, swastika's and gruff in every sense. But what they weren't were kiddy molesters, as a matter of fact, one of their leaders became quite fond of my son and took him for rides on his Harley. He also owned the local pawn shop and when my boy got a good report card he would take it into the pawn store, and the owner would give him a silver dollar for better and 3.5 gpa.

That's what I'm saying. My daughter comes home and tells me a black kid wants to date her, and I say no way. She says, dad you are prejudiced. I say, you are 15 years old and you aren't going out with anyone. Then I explained what I call, "the great black myth" to her. Trying to use some reverse psychological trick to, whatever.

Quote:
Liberals who never venture to the subway will call you a racist and say he is just eating Skittles and waiting for a train, but if it looks and feels wrong well there is good reason to think he does.

Blacks attack whites way more than whites attack blacks. 1 in 3 black males in the USA will be in prison in their lifetimes. So when a white female uses her head, don't call it "racism." Call it prudence. Too many white females let themselves be played in the USA for fear of being called racist.
I can't imagine having to get on a subway. I don't want to do that any more than I want to visit Mumbai. Just not my thing. But, if I had to get on a subway, I would hope I was armed to the teeth.

Quote:
I and a co-worker found a victim of the Spokane strangler, I forget his handle. Very pretty 15 year old girl, nude except her bra around her throat that he had used to choke her to death. So fresh, there was only one fly on her. Bruises, etc. Just making a point that bad guys can be beige. Not trying to make OG's point any less valid.

Quote:
That is a pretty frightening stat, 35-50.

I agree in this country, percentage wise [I'm not going to look up links] that blacks commit more crime than anyone else. I am so glad that my own personal experience has been different than yours. I have also been on the receiving end of black racism. It is immediate, ugly, and very frightening. I was in danger, and let known, they did not like me one bit, do to my color. Scared the hell out of me. Dozens to one. It made me think about the race difference for awhile. I lived on the black side of Pasco, Wn. It was better before so many drugs, IMO.

I went to tech school in an almost totally black area of Portland, mostly without being intimidated. But for years we lived on Kodiak, and it is so mixed race, one really had to look around to find someone that had a racial problem. It was there, but not like other places, again I am so thankful that my personal experiences with minority's have been good, I couldn't survive spiritually where you are. I had the educated, suit wearing veteran blacks around me. I consider some friends. One guys daughter, not so much. Radical feminist, who also happened to be black.

I think opinions are relevant to our experiences. As I said before, being raised with color in the family, I just don't see it, until someone or something makes it apparent. One of the times a pistol saved me was from a black mugger, I just thought he was an ***hole, not a black ***hole. I suppose under the right circumstances, I might reconsider.

Population Kodiak:http://censusviewer.com/county/AK/Kodiak%20Island/2010 I am told that there is a new demographic of heroin dealers moving in, black. But they really stick out. Wandering around town wearing bling without a visible means of income. You are welcome to go use some of them as crab bait.
November 18th, 2015 at 10:30:34 PM permalink
boymimbo
Threads: 5
As is common what we have is a person implying racism while at the same time making a silly statement to hide the brutal truth. First of all, During the 2012/2013 period, blacks committed an average of 560,600 violent crimes against whites, whereas whites committed only 99,403 such crimes against blacks. This means blacks were the attackers in 84.9 percent of the violent crimes involving blacks and whites.

Misleading, and you know it. We've had this discussion before. For whites attackers, their victims were white 56% of the time and Black 10.4% of the time. For black attackers, their victims were black 62.2% and white 13.7% of the time. The fact is that white violent offenders (2,894,567) outnumber violent black offenders (1,451,322) and that if you are white person and are attacked, it will be 4.09 times as likely that your offender will be white vs black.

No common sense here, just some playing with numbers to scare you.

Quote:
Blacks attack whites way more than whites attack blacks.
True. But you are playing numbers again. There are far fewer blacks than whites to attack. The fact is that blacks as a percentage commit a higher percentage of violent crimes.

Quote:

Nor are terrorists. How many Americans have died on American soil due to terrorist plots in the past 10 years? How many Americans have died of serial killers? How many American have died in gun violence? How many from obesity? How many from car accidents?
November 18th, 2015 at 10:37:52 PM permalink
rxwine
Quote: boymimbo
How many from car accidents?

Only been a couple days, and already we probably have multi times the number of deaths compared to the French attacks.

Yeah, it's always kind of weird how the public reacts to actual risks.