Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

April 21st, 2017 at 11:56:05 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
Yes, you keep on telling yourself this. Reality is we are having islamic attacks every 4-6 months in the west now.

To say "but some white guy shot someone" is to be intellectually lazy about it. Such people have the mentality of children. Grown ups can look beyond being PC and say, "we have a problem here!"

I really do not know how much pain it will take the west to wake up. Probably not until it is too late.

Yawn
Was in the hospital recently
On the team that helped me was a Muslim Dr and nurse
Very thankful they were there to help me
:-)
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2017 at 12:22:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
Yawn
Was in the hospital recently
On the team that helped me was a Muslim Dr and nurse
Very thankful they were there to help me

Why did you ask if they were muslim? Seems strange to ask that of people working on you.
The President is a fink.
April 21st, 2017 at 12:33:45 PM permalink
terapined
Why did you ask if they were muslim? Seems strange to ask that of people working on you.

I assumed due to head scarf on nurse and the Dr's name is a common Muslim name.
Regardless, I treat all people as an individual.
Extremists only represent extremists, absolutely nothing to do with regular people regardless of religion.
The whole staff at the hospital was very international
One Dr I spoke to was from Zimbabwe. She was very nice. We joked about how Victoria falls was "discovered"
I saw a lot of staff, 6 night stay
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 21st, 2017 at 1:00:09 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Recent studies indicate you are ten times as dead, as compared to death by natural causes or accidental injury, if you're killed by a Muslim terrorist, three times as dead if killed by an illegal Mexican immigrant, but only exactly as dead if killed by a US citizen or legal resident with a gun.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 21st, 2017 at 1:30:32 PM permalink
AZDuffman
I assumed due to head scarf on nurse and the Dr's name is a common Muslim name.

Assuming based on how they look?

Regardless, I treat all people as an individual.

Which is why you miss the big picture. There were German doctors in the USA in 1916 and 1940. What difference did that make? Grow up.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2017 at 2:08:27 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
There were German doctors in the USA in 1916...
Anti-German sentiment was more intense after WWOne ended than when it began.
April 22nd, 2017 at 5:17:34 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: Fleastiff
Anti-German sentiment was more intense after WWOne ended than when it began.

Point is still the same. Just because you know "good people" in the society does not mean the larger society is not an enemy.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2017 at 6:52:55 AM permalink
terapined
Point is still the same. Just because you know "good people" in the society does not mean the larger society is not an enemy.

Overall I believe Germans are good people. If it wasn't for the extremist Nazi's , then no war. Overall, Muslim and German people are peaceful. Its simply the extremists that are the problem.
Very thankful Muslims were on the medical team that helped me.
More Muslim immigration. More German immigration
April 22nd, 2017 at 6:56:23 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Overall I believe Germans are good people. If it wasn't for the extremist Nazi's , then no war. Overall, Muslim and German people are peaceful. Its simply the extremists that are the problem.
Very thankful Muslims were on the medical team that helped me.
More Muslim immigration. More German immigration

Once again a perfect example of an intellectually lazy statement. Also hiding behind PC because you cannot face reality.

You are the kind of person who would have give Nazi tanks directions to Paris because the commander "was an individual not a Nazi and a nice guy."

Or you just want to be a troll.......
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2017 at 7:46:58 AM permalink
terapined
Once again a perfect example of an intellectually lazy statement. Also hiding behind PC because you cannot face reality.

You are the kind of person who would have give Nazi tanks directions to Paris because the commander "was an individual not a Nazi and a nice guy."

Or you just want to be a troll.......

????
I am not trolling
I have respect for individual Muslims and Germans
When Lufthansa visited us in the office, I give them respect. So what if they are Germans.
If I meet a Muslim DR , Police officer , nurse ect, they get my greatest respect as they should
To not hate due to a false stereotype is not trolling.
If you walked into an ER and were immediately seen by a Muslim DR or nurse, would you actually complain?
A lot of Muslim immigrants are overall hard working people that have a lot to offer to this country
Just as Chinese immigrants are overall hard working people that have a lot to offer this country
Just as German immigrants are overall hard working people that have a lot to offer this country
Take the Chinese, overall good but there is a criminal extremist element as any group has. Gangs in Chinatown suck
Its not trolling.
Its not buying into illogical hate due to extremists in every group