Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

April 22nd, 2017 at 8:01:39 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: terapined
????
I am not trolling
I have respect for individual Muslims and Germans
When Lufthansa visited us in the office, I give them respect. So what if they are Germans.

See, this is trolling. I mention Germany 75-100 years ago and how they were a threat and you want to mention Germans and Germany of today, now a longtime ally.

You have no concept of the difference between a few individual people and when a society or/and an ideology is a threat to your well being.

You keep using the intellectually lazy thing about immigrants being hardworking people here.

You do not understand why "extremists" pop up in certain groups but not others. Ever notice there are no "extremists" from Canada or Japan? But there are from muslim countries, a lot from muslim countries. Now, why do you think this is?
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2017 at 8:36:16 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
See, this is trolling. Ever notice there are no "extremists" from Canada or Japan? But there are from muslim countries, a lot from muslim countries. Now, why do you think this is?

I am not trolling
No extremists in Japan????????
Are you serious?
Have you ever been to Japan?
The far right wing in Japan is pretty extreme riding around in large full vehicles draped with slogans with bullhorns screaming right wing slogans. Huge criminal gang element in Japan. Don't mess with the Yakuzza

As to Germans. After WW2 we knew the problem were the extremist nazi's, not the Germans themselves, so we immediately built the country back up with the Marshall plan. Just as today, Muslims are not the problem, its the extremists
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2017 at 9:11:35 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
No extremists in Japan???????? Are you serious? Have you ever been to Japan? The far right wing in Japan is pretty extreme riding around in large full vehicles draped with slogans with bullhorns screaming right wing slogans.

I'm not sure there is any way to reach a conclusion arguing about individuals. There are extreme positions everywhere.

ISIS can be just as sociopathic about their dealing with fellow Arabs, but they seem perfectly willing to launch suicide murder sprees in Europe.

But you have to admit that there is no real danger to Europe or America from right wing Japanese groups.

On November 25, 1970, in one of the best known reactionary incidients, Yukio Mishima tried to inspire a coup d'état to restore the power of the emperor and to destroy Western cultural influences in Japan. But he only ended up killing himself.
April 22nd, 2017 at 9:20:50 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Pacomartin
I'm not sure there is any way to reach a conclusion arguing about individuals. There are extreme positions everywhere.

ISIS can be just as sociopathic about their dealing with fellow Arabs, but they seem perfectly willing to launch suicide murder sprees in Europe.

But you have to admit that there is no real danger to Europe or America from right wing Japanese groups.

Lod airport massacre by the japanese red army
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
April 22nd, 2017 at 10:25:39 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Lod airport massacre by the japanese red army

Good counterexample, even though 45 years ago. Was honored in a facbook post last year. He is still alive in Lebanon, although still a wanted man in Japan.

April 22nd, 2017 at 10:41:03 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/03/20/tokyo-subway-sarin-attack_n_6896754.html
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 22nd, 2017 at 10:47:34 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
You have to be wary around those Canadians. http://juneauempire.com/stories/072097/blockade.html#.WPuWjmnyvIU

They are always trying to steal our salmon.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
April 22nd, 2017 at 12:44:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
You have no concept of the difference between a few individual people and when a society or/and an ideology is a threat to your well being.

Why do you even bother. Trying to teach
the real world to a Lib is like waiting for
my wife to like raw onions on her salad.
Never gonna happen.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 22nd, 2017 at 2:14:28 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: Evenbob
Why do you even bother. Trying to teach
the real world to a Lib is like waiting for
my wife to like raw onions on her salad.
Never gonna happen.

Sometimes I have time to kill and figure see how silly of a position a liberal will take. As we see it can get pretty silly.
The President is a fink.
April 22nd, 2017 at 2:20:33 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Sometimes I have time to kill and figure see how silly of a position a liberal will take. As we see it can get pretty silly.

The thing is, they don't see it. Just like
they don't see what a schlub Obama
was as president. He accomplished
nothing, only made things worse with
his good intentions. To a Lib, good
intentions carry as much weight as
actual action. When they see somebody
who actually does things, like Trump,
they're terrified.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.