Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

May 26th, 2017 at 12:24:34 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
There is no way that shipping this many munitions to MENA isn't going to foment continuous war. Whether it's our friends, or our frenemies, or our wanna be enemies, this is just going to continue to go badly. With the 350 billion to Saudi's, the 38 billion to Israel, plus 75 million here and there as a gratuity from the US taxpayer, with the billions the Russians have tossed in plus France and the UK and Turkey. How can some of this not result in blowback to the USA?

http://news.antiwar.com/2017/05/23/sen-rand-paul-to-force-vote-on-massive-saudi-arms-deal/
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
May 26th, 2017 at 2:43:08 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
All this Tit for Tat seems to resolve around people who cloak themselves with religious trappings but in reality simply desire to strike a blow in retaliation for our Middle East policies that support Israel and foster violence against the Middle Eastern population irrespective of labels such as Arabs, Palestinians, etc. Libyia, Tunisia, Egypt, Syria, Yemen.... it doesn't seem to make any difference. Some of those wars are wars against dictators but if so they are simply to install a different dictator, perhaps one more "Truly Islamic" perhaps one who is not, either way its just a public relations gimmic to term someone Islamic.
May 28th, 2017 at 11:53:07 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Liberte, Egalite, Beyonce.
May 28th, 2017 at 12:15:48 PM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: Fleastiff
Liberte, Egalite, Beyonce.

Or Death
June 3rd, 2017 at 6:31:09 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
June 3rd, 2017 at 6:34:26 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Hey, it's the new 'normal' to expect to get
mowed down in public by the loving Muslim
religion. That's what they say now in EU,
anyway.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2017 at 7:10:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: AZDuffman

If the terror attacks continue, they may have to update this study to some other 1 to billion something. You and Evenbob should stop driving your cars first though realistically. Or you can just hide under your beds.

Quote:

Study from Cato Institute.

Its study does, indeed, conclude that "the chance of an American being murdered in a terrorist attack caused by a refugee is 1 in 3.64 billion per year."
Here’s what the study reported:

"Of the 3,252,493 refugees admitted from 1975 to the end of 2015, 20 were terrorists, which amounted to 0.00062 percent of the total. In other words, one terrorist entered as a refugee for every 162,625 refugees who were not terrorists. Refugees were not very successful at killing Americans in terrorist attacks. Of the 20, only three were successful in their attacks, killing a total of three people."

To arrive at the "1 in 3.64 billion per year" statistic, Alex Nowrasteh, the Cato study’s author, told us he added up the nation’s population for each year between 1975 and 2015, and then divided the total by the three deaths. Lieu omitted the "per year," portion in his claim, though we did not view this as an egregious oversight.

http://www.politifact.com/california/statements/2017/feb/01/ted-lieu/odds-youll-be-killed-terror-attack-america-refugee/
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 3rd, 2017 at 9:51:01 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote:
Study from Cato Institute.

I wonder how the people killed and maimed
in London tonight would feel about studies
like this. You really don't get it, do you. Not
at all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 3rd, 2017 at 10:25:22 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
at all.

News should always be rated and organized by an actuary before it is published. Always have had that opinion that the degree of importance shouldn't just be about sensationalism. While no murder is unimportant, the sensational murders gets top billing even if 10 not so sensational murders practically go unnoticed.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2017 at 2:09:11 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
at all.

What are the odds I will die or get hurt by a terrorist
Tiny.
So tiny, I have a much better chance of getting hit by lighting.
Just being realistic about living in the real world
Huge 50k concert in Manchester today for the victims. If I was there, I would attend
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"