Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

June 4th, 2017 at 1:47:19 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
Quote: terapined
Keep out who?
Most incidents are committed by people born in the country

To my knowledge none of the terrorists in the recent incidents were American citizens. None were born in the USA. I want to keep them out. Wasn't the Manchester killer from Libya?
June 4th, 2017 at 1:50:47 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: SOOPOO
To my knowledge none of the terrorists in the recent incidents were American citizens.

Why bother explaining to a Lib. The
last terrorist they remember was
Timothy McVeith, so they think all
of them are Americans.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 4th, 2017 at 1:53:34 PM permalink
SOOPOO
Threads: 22
To my knowledge none of the terrorists in the recent incidents were American citizens. None were born in the USA. I want to keep them out. Wasn't the Manchester killer from Libya?

And when we have a home grown terrorist, like the recent attack in Portland, I want the death penalty for him.
June 4th, 2017 at 2:08:27 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73

Salman Ramadan Abedi was born in Britain
The incident happened in Britain
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
June 4th, 2017 at 2:13:50 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
And when we have a home grown terrorist, like the recent attack in Portland, I want the death penalty for him.
Why shouldn't Libyan's seek revenge for their entire country, which was the most progressive in the ME, being bombed into the stone age and turned into Jihadi central?

How can we expect every country that is absolutely destroyed that did nothing to us or the UK, to just allow us to bomb them into nothing for no reason, without some form of blow back?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 4th, 2017 at 2:42:06 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Yes.

You really can't see the difference between an individual choosing to protect himself and himself only by wearing a helmet and our government keeping out the animals that commit the recent crimes in Manchester and London?

I guess I can't help you then.

You want me to pay to support it. Combatting terrorism is not free you know. And just like the helmet you want me to deal with whatever restrictions on my acting freely depends. More security to deal with and pay for.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2017 at 2:47:49 PM permalink
rxwine
Anyway, what's interesting, is I suggest not that we stop fighting terrorism, but we put realistic measures on risk. And people get upset.

Some of the same people who say they can't be bothered to spend money on something they don't see a point to, calling it robbery if they are made to do it.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 4th, 2017 at 2:59:25 PM permalink
rxwine
Let's take the bias completely out. A non-partisan group of people can compile the top 100 risks, they can include any known benefits and long term risks.

Once we have them ordered by risk, we just put blank numbers over them. You won't be able to know anything about them except where they rank.

Then you choose. Why would you choose out of order? It's not smart. You put the most resources where the biggest risk. If 80% of spending need to go to the top 20, so be it.
June 4th, 2017 at 3:04:05 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Quote: rxwine
You want me to pay to support it. Combatting terrorism is not free you know. And just like the helmet you want me to deal with whatever restrictions on my acting freely depends. More security to deal with and pay for.

Admitting Islam is a problem is the first step and totally free.
The President is a fink.
June 4th, 2017 at 3:12:14 PM permalink
rxwine
I already don't like any religions. But I don't like superstitious thinking, or people who think science is a sham, and people who won't pitch in for the good of humanity except if they feel like it. And misuse of facts. And made-up facts. And people who intentionally distort information to confuse the issue.