Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

Page 58 of 58« First<55565758
June 18th, 2017 at 9:40:24 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: JimRockford
I do not know if they are who they claim to be...,
Me either. I do believe though, that in the sovereign country of Syria under a democratically elected president [Assad], if they decide to shoot at armed militants, in their own country, it's none of our business. What percentage I wonder of Americans can state why we are spending billions of dollars and militarily engaged in Syria?

I am more interested in the real answers to those questions, than I am in what DJT tweeted about some stupid something or another? There are cataclysmic risks for messing around in other peoples country's for no legitimate reason. Europe and the US will each end up with tens of thousands of immigrants from Syria, who we will end up supporting forever.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
June 18th, 2017 at 11:23:55 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
Assad been President for 17 years. Not sure democracy is how he stayed in power.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
June 19th, 2017 at 1:19:40 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Assad been President for 17 years. Not sure democracy is how he stayed in power.
Of course not.
Syria has the Bekka Vallley. Don't think Terrorist Training Camps, think Poppies. Syria is major producer of heroin, major transporter and partner of Putin.
What on earth do you think drives things in the Middle East: Money, Water and Oil.

Remember the Golan Heights. Money went from US Swiss bank accounts to Israeli Swiss Bank accounts to the bank accounts of Assad, then the Area Military Commander. He ordered his troops to retreat a certain distaance, the Is raeliis then advanced a certain distance and each side issued press releases about an utterly fictitious battle.

Democracy? Remember "Fighting For Democracy" in South Vietname until Noam Chomsky commented that there had not been a democracy in Asia in all of recorded history.
June 19th, 2017 at 1:53:11 AM permalink
petroglyph
Maybe not.

I remember growing up watching the Vietnam war waged on tv as a kid, and seeing the flag draped coffins on the nightly news. More than just the fear of getting drafted, the pictures really affected me. I hoped these awful wars would stop. Don't know why but I thought after Vietnam, we were done?

We've been in AFG 15 years now, and we are sending more of our youth, to the graveyard of empires. It makes no sense to me other than, we are doing it for the money, i.e. "bankers wars".

We are in "the fight of our lives", the fight to defend the petrodollar. These ME wars aren't about defending against eastern aggression, they are about defending our money. Losing control of world reserve currency status is the threat. When the fed can't write phony checks and make the world accept them as payment, then we aren't the sole superpower any more.

War is what we must do, " looking at the big picture".
June 19th, 2017 at 6:25:28 AM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: petroglyph
Me either. I do believe though, that in the sovereign country of Syria under a democratically elected president [Assad],

In his dreams.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 19th, 2017 at 1:53:29 PM permalink
petroglyph
Quote: Fleastiff
Of course not.
Syria has the Bekka Vallley.
Is not Bekaa in Lebanon?

How do you think US planes will stand up to Russian S-400 defense missiles? https://sputniknews.com/middleeast/201706191054760684-russia-us-syria-deconfliction-channel/
June 19th, 2017 at 1:55:49 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Overall it's a terribly bad idea to run half-hearted military operations so close to where the Russians are fighting. It's especially bad when there's no clear objective or goal.
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
June 20th, 2017 at 2:45:22 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
Fresh terror in Brussels: Suspected suicide bomber threatening train passengers 'shouts Allahu Akbar and triggers an explosion' at city's central station.

Remember when European Train Stations were some kind of model for the world for their safety and cleanliness?

The attack tempo continues to increase.......
The President is a fink.
Page 58 of 58« First<55565758