Terrible, horrible attack in Paris

November 23rd, 2015 at 8:15:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: kracker21
Im pretty sure the Middle East is in Asia.

You know what, you may be right.
Let me reword that
Most Muslims don't live in the Middle East, they reside in other parts of Asia :-)
On the flip side
If you were born in the Middle East, are you referred to as an Asian?
Hmm
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 23rd, 2015 at 10:21:08 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Quote: terapined
You know what, you may be right.
Let me reword that
Most Muslims don't live in the Middle East, they reside in other parts of Asia :-)
On the flip side
If you were born in the Middle East, are you referred to as an Asian?
Hmm
but this map doesn't include other countries I would include in middle-east.

I think we have to include Egypt? And maybe Libya.

Here Wiki lists these country's but includes Turkey, which I wouldn't have. But doesn't include Libya which I would? But definately includes Egypt. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Middle_East_countries_by_population And then there is Southeast, and Far east.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2015 at 2:53:28 AM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
I don't understand? Which part of The Middle East is Paris located in?

Why does "Boots on the Ground" always mean American boots and never Israelli Boots?
At the time of the Millenium, the center of world commerce was in NW Africa; where is it now?

Asian in London means Pakistani or Indian.
Asian in Los Angeles means Chinese or Japanese.
Asian elsewhere means Malaysian.

In Vietnam peasants are presently making and selling drinks to the public based on the same chemicals that put thousands of Americans into public health hospitals during the Prohibition.
November 24th, 2015 at 2:54:32 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Threads: 135
??????????????
Most Muslims don't live in the Middle East
Asia has a far larger population of Muslims.

As was pointed out, much of the Middle Ease is in Asia, with part extending to Africa. Muslims extend further, maybe a map is needed:

The most muslim areas are not exactly the areas I would consider the best places to live. Pull out the oil countries and you have mostly poor, unfree, and violent places to live. The oil countries are just less poor, they are still unfree and often violent. The wrong social views will get you whipped or killed.

Quote:
Here you go again, take a small minority and paint the whole population with your false views.

No, it is not a small minority, it is a feature of the population and culture. I am not afraid to draw such conclusions just because it might offend muslims or be non-PC. Call it a survival instinct.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2015 at 3:41:57 AM permalink
Pacomartin
Threads: 1068
Quote: AZDuffman
The most muslim areas are not exactly the areas I would consider the best places to live. Pull out the oil countries and you have mostly poor, unfree, and violent places to live. The oil countries are just less poor, they are still unfree and often violent. The wrong social views will get you whipped or killed.

To be fair, while that is true today, Europe began to have an ascendancy when it recovered from the Black Death of the 14th century. Muslim culture was very often the highest level in the world in the European middle ages, rivalling that of China.

I think that is the crux of some of the problem. Islamic fundamentalist see the restoration of Islamic supremacy as a return to the glory of the past.
November 24th, 2015 at 4:54:01 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: AZDuffman
As was pointed out, much of the Middle Ease is in Asia, with part extending to Africa. Muslims extend further, maybe a map is needed:

Your % map is kind of meaningless

These countries have the highest population of Muslims.
None are in the middle East

Indonesia 209 mil
India 176 Mil
Pakistan 167 Mil
Bangladesh 134 mil
Nigeria 77 mil
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
November 24th, 2015 at 8:36:24 AM permalink
AZDuffman
Your % map is kind of meaningless

These countries have the highest population of Muslims.
None are in the middle East

Indonesia 209 mil
India 176 Mil
Pakistan 167 Mil
Bangladesh 134 mil
Nigeria 77 mil

It is not meaningless. The point my point is that percentage muslim is the big issue. Your point seems to be that I must be wrong because what I am pointing out is uncomfortable and not pc. I tell truths not pc gobbledygook.
The President is a fink.
November 24th, 2015 at 2:25:14 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
The escalation is underway. http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/russia-escalates-suspends-military-cooperation-turkey-moves-warship-coast-destroy-an

"So just to be clear on what's happened here in case the gravity of the situation is somehow lost on anyone, a NATO member from whose airbase the US is flying combat missions, just shot down a Russian fighter jet and the US-backed, al-Qaeda aligned FSA has released not one, but two videos depicting their fighters dancing over the body of a dead Russian pilot while shouting "Allahu Akbar" and holding up the "we're number one" hand signal." http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-11-24/us-backed-rebels-release-video-dead-russian-pilot#comments

It's not only a NATO country, it's a predominantly Muslim country, a western country. The "moderate" rebels have shown a video of shooting the Russian Pilots as they parachute toward the ground. As Russian rescue helicopters try to render aid to the pilots, they are then shot down with TOW missiles by the same moderate muslim groups we are backing in Syria.

added:"But the real reason why the U.S. military official and Turkey claim the above “violations” is because Turkey unilaterally “moved” the Turkish-Syrian border five miles south:" [from global research]
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
November 24th, 2015 at 6:18:03 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 188
There ought to be a graph published with two measurements.

One would be the fear index, and the other is a risk index.

Terror attacks push the fear index way out of proportion to the risk index. (IMO).

So, I ask you, do you really want your leaders to act decisively when the fear index is way out of proportion to the risk index? That's how you get bad knee jerk reactions and overreaching patriot acts and wars in countries with no direct connections to the actual events.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
November 24th, 2015 at 6:26:26 PM permalink
AZDuffman
Quote: rxwine

So, I ask you, do you really want your leaders to act decisively when the fear index is way out of proportion to the risk index? That's how you get bad knee jerk reactions and overreaching patriot acts and wars in countries with no direct connections to the actual events.

I want my leadership to act smartly. No refugees allowed into the USA and meanwhile encourage other countries to fight proxy warts in the area. I want them to not be afraid to use the term "islamic terrorist" and in fact "islamic" to explain the trouble over there. As it is we are ignoring the "risk index" in the name of PC. We will pay for that over time.
The President is a fink.