1 million refugees in Germany

Page 1 of 231234>Last »
December 8th, 2015 at 10:51:22 AM permalink
Canyonero
Threads: 10
An update from Germany for those who care (in a positive way):

Today, the 1 millionth refugee in 2015 was registered in Bavaria.

How is the situation in Germany today? Amazingly, incredibily, unexpectedly - all is going well. The problems that are faced by communities and officials seem well under control. Life goes on as normal.

Of course there has been a spike in crime rates, from people that do not understand our culture and cannot integrate in our modern open society. Those are Germans, mind you, and the right wing extremists are continuing to gain traction. Crimes are arson, assault and hate speech. And interestingly crime rates are higher in areas with lower refugee density.
400 terrorist attacks on refugee shelters in 2015 alone. The terrorists will get what they deserve, and we will not give up our freedom.

There are crimes committed by refugees as well. Most happen in refugee centers, mostly theft and assault. At an average rate compared to German citizens. http://www.zeit.de/politik/deutschland/2015-11/bundeskriminalamt-fluechtlinge-deutsche-straftaten-vergleich Which is insane considering what conditions many of the refugees live under.

Communities have adapted to the situation, fears have not materialized. Some gyms are used as refugee shelters so there is less PE for some students - oh well.

There are literally thousands of language courses offered free of charge, many run by volunteers. Fun fact: In many Bavarian communities the number of volunteers exceeds the number of refugees.

Some refugees have taken up jobs, even started businesses. Hopefully a better legal basis for working refugees can be established, at the moment they are in danger of losing everything they build in Germany, because of their legal status. Other refugees are volunteering themselves to support new arrivals.

The children go to school, learn German and participate in the regular classroom activities. The language barrier is a challange, mostly for the teachers. Well, let's keep them on their toes for a bit, many are doing great. In a recent study, 90% of students observed reported a good or very good relationship with refugee classmates. http://www.derwesten.de/politik/schueler-klagen-ueber-fehlende-chancengleichheit-id11363393.html

So much for now. Yay to Western freedom, liberty, solidarity, equality and human rights.
December 8th, 2015 at 11:16:34 AM permalink
Wizard
Administrator
Threads: 239
Thank you for the update. I'd be interested in your thoughts on comparing the refugee situation between Germany and France. Not just the recent wave, but refugees in general. Does Germany have a policy to try to spread them around and mainstream them? In France are they more concentrated in certain neighborhoods of Paris?
Knowledge is Good -- Emil Faber
December 8th, 2015 at 11:33:51 AM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Thanks Canyonero,
Great report
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 8th, 2015 at 11:45:03 AM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Very interesting info. Is there any movement among the refugee population to take up arms and return to free their homeland?
December 8th, 2015 at 11:51:20 AM permalink
Canyonero
An interesting question I am not very knowlegable about.

But you made an important distinction between the recent waves and older policies.

In Germany a big effort is made to distribute the refugees around the country, with the border regions in the southeast still shouldering the biggest numbers. The same is done in France.

The banlieues around Paris are a much older phenomenon and problem. Ghettos of disenfranchised people were allowed to develop there for the last 40 years or so. Many of them are decsendants from North African immigrants and thus many of the are Muslim. Terrible infrastructure, bad education, sky-high unemployment. A festering ground for extremist messages and terrorist ideologies.

Those banlieues were at the center of the 2005 youth riots in Paris. Think Detroit with bands of marauding and pillaging youth. Actually, just think Detroit.

[However, looking at the four French terrorists of the Paris attacks, they came from very different backgrounds and locations. Some of them had travelled to Syria recently. Two others were Belgians. At least one terrorist came to France as a refugee with a fake Syrian passport.]
December 8th, 2015 at 11:56:18 AM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: Canyonero

How is the situation in Germany today? Amazingly, incredibily, unexpectedly - all is going well. The problems that are faced by communities and officials seem well under control. Life goes on as normal.

LOL! Yes, looking at the hundreds of news
articles that say the exact opposite, it looks
like the Land of Love in Germany now. I'd
link to a few of them but you'd just deny
it all and refuse to post in the thread anymore,
like you did last time.

If Germany loves Muslims so much, let a few
more millions in. They don't assimilate you
know, look at Paris Muslims. Better you than
us, I've dealt with these people first hand,
you can have them all.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
December 8th, 2015 at 12:05:48 PM permalink
Canyonero
Quote: terapined
Thanks Canyonero,
Great report

You are welcome!

Quote: Ayecarumba
Very interesting info. Is there any movement among the refugee population to take up arms and return to free their homeland?

I have not talked to any refugee personally (Come to think of it, I definitely should try to make that happen) but have not heard about this in the media. I don't think this is a priority for most. And it would be hard to pull off. Walk back the way you came and buy an AK-47 in Turkey while you are passing through? Most refugees lost all their possessions and spent all their money trying to come to Europe.

Then again, probably somewhere in a Refugee center a group of Syrians is sitting together right now and conspiring on how to kill as many IS bastards as they can.
December 8th, 2015 at 12:10:25 PM permalink
terapined
Threads: 73
Quote: Evenbob
LOL! Yes, looking at the hundreds of news
articles that say the exact opposite, it looks
like the Land of Love in Germany now. I'd
link to a few of them but you'd just deny
it all and refuse to post in the thread anymore,
like you did last time.

If Germany loves Muslims so much, let a few
more millions in. They don't assimilate you
know, look at Paris Muslims. Better you than
us, I've dealt with these people first hand,
you can have them all.

LOL, according to AZ, Islam is at war with the west
Is there a war going on in Germany?
Of course not.
Is Everybody happy, Probably no, no biggie
Probably lots of AZ and EB types in Germany complaining.
Sometimes we live no particular way but our own - Grateful Dead "Eyes of the World"
December 8th, 2015 at 12:19:38 PM permalink
Ayecarumba
Threads: 89
Quote: Canyonero
I have not talked to any refugee personally (Come to think of it, I definitely should try to make that happen) but have not heard about this in the media. I don't think this is a priority for most. And it would be hard to pull off. Walk back the way you came and buy an AK-47 in Turkey while you are passing through? Most refugees lost all their possessions and spent all their money trying to come to Europe.

Then again, probably somewhere in a Refugee center a group of Syrians is sitting together right now and conspiring on how to kill as many IS bastards as they can.

How many of the refugees are men of fighting age? If the west were to train and equip them, could they be a viable fighting force?
December 8th, 2015 at 12:33:20 PM permalink
Canyonero
Quote: terapined
LOL, according to AZ, Islam is at war with the west
Is there a war going on in Germany?
Of course not.
Is Everybody happy, Probably no, no biggie
Probably lots of AZ and EB types in Germany complaining.

Is everybody happy? Absolutely not.
Are people complaining? Absolutely.
Is it the apocalypse? Absolutely not.
Has life in Germany changed in any significant way for me or anybody I know? Absolutely not.

Btw, the influx has slowed significantly and is projected to keep going down.

PS: How about this tidbit: Despite the apocalypse, government revenue in 2015 is projected to 9 Billion Euros higher than anticipated. As of now, no debt will have to be incurred in 2015 or 2016 because of the refugee situation.
http://www.spiegel.de/wirtschaft/soziales/wolfgang-schaeuble-rechnet-2015-mit-hoeherem-ueberschuss-a-1066150.html
Page 1 of 231234>Last »