Simple question?

Thread Rating:

June 26th, 2016 at 7:16:02 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
I would love to hear how and why you life has very significant meaning. .

Your life has exactly as much meaning as
you give it, no more, no less. Nareed's life
can easily have lots of significant meaning
if it's being led following the bliss that Joe
Campbell talks about. Follow your bliss and
it will never lead you astray.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2016 at 7:21:32 PM permalink
Evenbob
Are we sure you are not Donald Trump?

I like The Donald, why are you complimenting me.
It's not like you, you're usually mean and short
tempered.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
June 26th, 2016 at 8:04:42 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
"mean and short tempered", really? You cut me deep there, Bob. You cut me deep.

Seriously I can't believe you of all people are writing this. If there is anyone else that thinks I am mean and short tempered on this board I would love to hear it.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 26th, 2016 at 8:35:29 PM permalink
Fleastiff
Threads: 62
Quote: rxwine
Even among bunk products sold as scams, there are always product ideas that sell much better than others. FrGamble is proud that his is one of the few at the top of the heap. And if it wasn't his, it would just be another one.
This is another thing he claims as proof. His fake hair grow, or penis pill religion is the top of the line. Of course, but so what, is still proof of nothing.

LOL. I love the Amway/Scamway analogy. Its green, its biodegradeable, its concentrated .... its got adjectives as well as antioxidants...but its still a bunch of over prices snake oil.
June 26th, 2016 at 8:58:08 PM permalink
Dalex64
Threads: 3
FrGamble I am having a hard time believing you are keeping an open mind on anything.

A MIT scientist thinks intelligent life under different universal laws is possible

http://www.dailygalaxy.com/my_weblog/2014/05/other-universes-may-operate-under-vastly-different-physical-laws-todays-most-popular.html

Note the description of universes popping into and collapsing out of existance, all without suggesting that god is doing all of that creating.

A newer theory points out that gravity is basically the opposite of energy, and the net of energy and gravity of the universe is zero.
I'll find a link to an article about that some day. It is a way for a universe worth of energy and gravity to come into being without changing net energy.
"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts." Daniel Patrick Moynihan
June 26th, 2016 at 9:05:46 PM permalink
FrGamble
Dalex you cannot read an article that is based on the reality of a "multiverse" and pass it off as something that is true. At best it is a theory that has not and maybe cannot be proven and worst it is an atheistic attempt at apologetics to explain the fine tuning of the universe by giving the universe many, many chances to get it right. Has anyone seen these pocket universes popping into existence and then collapsing again? If universes can do this why don't we see this behavior all around us and have other material things like giraffes and chairs just popping into existence randomly?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
June 26th, 2016 at 9:25:44 PM permalink
Evenbob
Dalex you cannot read an article that is based on the reality of a "multiverse" and pass it off as something that is true. At best it is a theory that has not and maybe cannot be proven

Just like god is 'theory only' with zero
evidence to back it up. Yet you act
like he's real. Don't get offended when
others like the idea of their theories.
Just because they're different than yours
doesn't mean they can't have them.
June 26th, 2016 at 9:33:37 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
Just like god is 'theory only' with zero
evidence to back it up. Yet you act
like he's real. Don't get offended when
others like the idea of their theories.
Just because they're different than yours
doesn't mean they can't have them.

As far as I know nobody has seen a multiverse or experienced its love. It hasn't historically lived among us and changed human history. A multiverse doesn't logically have to exist and a multiverse doesn't solve or answer the question of something coming from nothing.
June 26th, 2016 at 10:07:04 PM permalink
Evenbob
As far as I know nobody has seen a multiverse

As far as I know nobody has seen or experienced
a god. Hearsay and myth count for nothing. Less
than nothing, actually. They just silly sound with no
evidence to back them up.
June 26th, 2016 at 11:01:36 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Why we are on this line of questioning can you kindly show your evidence that God did not create the universe?

Why is it, you think this type of question is only applicable when you use it? If you use it, someone is allowed to use the same type of challenge against you.

And we will also show that you failed to prove something did not happen.

It's a simpleton's ruse.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?