Simple question?

Thread Rating:

April 24th, 2017 at 4:01:35 PM permalink
Nareed
Threads: 346
Quote: rxwine
The evidence for UFOs is so overwhelming I'm going to base my whole life around it and argue with skeptics who fail to recognize the TRUTH...

Truth is UFOs are unquestionably real.

That is, there are flying (or floating) objects that are observed and cannot be identified by the observer. Ergo Unidentified Flying Object. Case closed :)
Donald Trump is a one-term LOSER
April 24th, 2017 at 4:29:30 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
Quote: Evenbob
There is as much evidence for vehicles
from another planet as there is for god
existing, none at all. UFO can mean a
kids balloon, but everybody jumps to
other conclusion. Drones account for
most of the increase in sightings.

Are you trying to say there are ordinary explanations for what is obviously extra terrestrial aliens?

Better be careful, I may start wearing a robe and funny hat and start telling you how to live. "They" could drop a rule book on how we should all live our lives at any moment!
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2017 at 5:04:44 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Are you trying to say there are ordinary explanations for what is obviously extra terrestrial aliens?

Are you saying there is proof of UFOs, besides using the definition that Nareed gave?

Quote:
Better be careful, I may start wearing a robe and funny hat and start telling you how to live. "They" could drop a rule book on how we should all live our lives at any moment!

This is a good point. How do UFOs impact our life or teach us how to live? How would one commit their life to living a belief in UFOs?
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 24th, 2017 at 5:06:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
There is as much evidence for vehicles
from another planet as there is for god
existing,

Are UFOs the necessary being that is the source for all existence? That is the argument for the existence of God and I don't think UFOs fit the bill.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 24th, 2017 at 5:31:12 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
Are UFOs the necessary being that is the source for all existence?

As much as god is, sure.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 24th, 2017 at 6:37:19 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189

This is a good point.

Sigh...

I wouldn't want to leave you alone with a box of knives. Because you'd dull them all.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
April 24th, 2017 at 8:40:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
As much as god is, sure.

So God is the logical necessity required for all things to exist. The first mover or the uncaused cause. Are you saying UFOs are this? Or are you denying that there is a need for an non-contingent being? In both cases you would be completely wrong.
April 24th, 2017 at 8:41:22 PM permalink
FrGamble
Sigh...

I wouldn't want to leave you alone with a box of knives. Because you'd dull them all.

Interesting dodge of the question.
April 24th, 2017 at 9:13:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
So God is the logical necessity

I put god right up there with extraterrestrial
beings having visited earth. No evidence
that either is true.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2017 at 1:07:29 AM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
Have you seen a UFO?
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW