Simple question?

Thread Rating:

July 12th, 2018 at 6:54:31 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
"The overwhelming consensus of the scientific community is that creation science fails to produce scientific hypotheses, and courts have ruled that it is a religious, not a scientific, view. It fails to qualify as a science because it lacks empirical support, supplies no tentative hypotheses, and resolves to describe natural history in terms of scientifically untestable causes."

I agree. Using the Bible to teach science does damage to both. Note that the consensus of the scientific community is that the universe had a beginning and that we need to scientifically teach about creation based on what we know, like the expanding universe.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 12th, 2018 at 7:22:58 PM permalink
petroglyph
Threads: 25
We do everything for selfish reasons,
whatever those reasons are. A man
may hate his marriage and his family,
but knows if he deserts them he
would never forgive himself, so he
stays.
A statistic I read at the time was, 38% of men stay because of the kids.

I wouldn't leave them, knowing my ex would get custody and somebody else would be in there soon telling them what their version of right and wrong was.

Couldn't let that happen. Left when they were of age.
The last official act of any government is to loot the treasury. GW
July 13th, 2018 at 12:59:23 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
What are you talking about? Of course I know what perfection means,

Had my Friday talk with my ex priest
friend. We talked about the word
'perfection'. He said they used the
word constantly all thru seminary,
it's very important to the Catholic
religion. He agrees that nobody
really knows what 'perfect' means as
it's used in the NT.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 13th, 2018 at 2:39:20 PM permalink
FrGamble
Are you still taking that dear man's experience in seminary as the Gospel truth. We have established that wherever he went through formation was, let's just say...not perfect.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
July 13th, 2018 at 5:35:39 PM permalink
Evenbob
Are you still taking that dear man's experience in seminary as the Gospel truth.

I put far more trust in his experience
than I do yours. He was there before
Vatican II, his seminary was the real
deal. He had to do all the masses in
Latin. Seminary life was very conservative,
strict and disciplined. They lived under
a strict demerit system similar to the
one used at West Point.

"Every aspect of life was tightly controlled; our vacation time, visiting days, free days, and where we could go and what we could do; our attire – cassocks and surplices in chapel, coats and ties in public areas of the building, and standard-issue gym shorts and shirts for recreation; our telephone calls were severely limited and our mail, both outgoing and incoming, was subject to inspection."

I'm sure your seminary experience
was just like this, right?
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
July 13th, 2018 at 5:57:28 PM permalink
FrGamble
Actually most of it sounds familiar except nobody read anyone else's mail. That didn't really happen at normal seminaries even back then.
July 13th, 2018 at 5:58:27 PM permalink
FrGamble
Are you really claiming that you or anyone doesn't know what the meaning of perfect is?
July 13th, 2018 at 6:00:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Actually most of it sounds familiar.

You did all your masses in Latin?
July 13th, 2018 at 6:02:10 PM permalink
Evenbob
Are you really claiming that you or anyone doesn't know what the meaning of perfect is?

Not how the NT uses it, there's
nothing but confusion. To the
point that some think it's the
wrong word entirely, that it
was changed along the way.
July 13th, 2018 at 6:51:23 PM permalink
FrGamble
You did all your masses in Latin?

Not all of them no.