Simple question?

Thread Rating:

November 29th, 2018 at 5:48:51 PM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
Quote: Evenbob
That voice
you hear is your own.

It is most certainly not. I wish I could better explain to you how I know. In prayerful meditation sometimes insights far beyond me come to me, inspirations and guidance I could not think of on my own and sometimes that I challenge me in ways I wouldn't dream of doing myself. What is more many of these same insights, inspirations, and guidance come to other Christians as well. God is very much alive and active in my life doing things so far beyond me. He gives me hope and reminds me how much He loves me even when I am down on myself and in need of His forgiveness. Oh, how I long for you and everyone to know Him in the same way!

Quote:
If you think I'm going to look up
all those links again proving my
point, think again.

This coming from a guy who thinks Wikipedia is a tool of Vatican propaganda. There is no convincing you to stop thinking everything that goes against the false narrative you have bought is wrong. You dismiss everything positive about the Church as Vatican propaganda of FrG lies. Let me know when you grow up and seriously desire to pursue the truth no matter what it says.

Quote:
Wait a minute, I'm the one who said
I give a homeless guy money to help
him when he asks, and you said I was
wrong to help him. You have that
backwards, try again..

No you where the guy saying that I should talk to the homeless and ask how they are doing and see if I can actually help them. You told me that throwing some money at them is a much better way to help than sticking my nose into their business.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 29th, 2018 at 5:52:06 PM permalink
FrGamble
You're always amazed, or shocked or
dumbfounded, at my sources. You're
my worst source for Church info
because it's so easy to find 10 other
sources that prove you wrong.

I am often dumbfounded at your links and more so that you believe them. It is easy to find 10 other sources that you like on the crazy internet. You can also find 100 sources that claim the Earth is flat. What is your point? You just don't want to believe me or listen to the truth you are more comfortable listening to other anti-Catholic hacks like yourself. Nothing I can do about that but I do sure wish you would listen to reason.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
November 29th, 2018 at 8:09:06 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
It is most certainly not.

I'm afraid it is. There's no argument
here, you can't prove it's not your
own voice so why even mention it
at all.

Quote:
This coming from a guy who thinks Wikipedia is a tool of Vatican propaganda.

Because anybody can make a Wiki
entry, or edit somebody else's entry,
it's very much a tool. You have to read
and research the listed sources to
get a clear idea what's going on.

Quote:
No you where the guy saying that I should talk to the homeless and ask how they are doing and see if I can actually help them. You told me that throwing some money at them is a much better way to help than sticking my nose into their business.

YOU said YOU would talk to them if
they asked for money to see how
YOU could help them. I would
never do that, none of my business.

I always give them money when they
ask, that's what they want. It's not
my business to pry into their personal
lives, what a jerk that would make me.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2018 at 8:12:42 PM permalink
Evenbob
I am often dumbfounded at your links .

No doubt, they go against the
crap you were spoon fed by
your handlers at the Vatican.
If the Vatican told me the sun
was shining, I would look out the
window to verify, to make sure
they weren't lying, They lie about
every damn thing, always have.
You know they do, but you would
never admit it.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
November 29th, 2018 at 9:08:47 PM permalink
FrGamble
I'm afraid it is. There's no argument
here, you can't prove it's not your
own voice so why even mention it
at all.

Maybe because it is another example of your hypocrisy. You are claiming to prove another negative, something you swear is impossible yet now along with your ridiculous claim of atheism you now claim to know my own personal experience. What evidence do you have to make such a claim. I swear when your head stops spinning around with your foolish and inconsistent thinking I only hope you are looking forward again.

Quote:
Because anybody can make a Wiki
entry, or edit somebody else's entry,

And your point is? Couldn't someone besides a Vatican troll make an entry or edit?

Quote:
You have to read
and research the listed sources to
get a clear idea what's going on.

On this we agree completely. Why don't you do that?
November 29th, 2018 at 9:12:05 PM permalink
FrGamble
They lie about
every damn thing, always have.
You know they do, but you would
never admit it.

You have always denied lying yourself so the above post must mean you are just silly or hateful or prejudiced beyond belief or completely ignorant or naive or a little bit of everything. Which is it?
November 29th, 2018 at 11:17:27 PM permalink
Evenbob
you now claim to know my own personal experience.

I know there is no god, so it ain't
him talking to you. If it's not him,
it's you. Prove otherwise.

Quote:
And your point is?

That wiki is not reliable without
other research. It's a very good
propaganda tool for a lot of
organizations who want to control
their public image.

Quote:
On this we agree completely. Why don't you do that?

I did, over and over, and you
always say "Oh Bob, where
do you find this garbage."
November 29th, 2018 at 11:22:56 PM permalink
Evenbob
You have always denied lying yourself

Yes. It's a waste of time having discussions
where you lie in them, there's no point.
What does that have to do with the Vatican
lying all the time and covering up their crimes,
present and past crimes.
November 30th, 2018 at 6:35:13 AM permalink
FrGamble
I know there is no god,

How do you know this?

Quote:
did, over and over, and you
always say "Oh Bob, where
do you find this garbage."

So you are claiming that you can't trust Wikipedia, but you can trust the sources for the information on Wiki comes from? You twist yourself into some very strong ideas. However, I wish you would use the sources you find at Wiki or at least their similar quality. I also wish you didn't have such an agenda. This is the real reason you don't like Wikipedia. You think they are too neutral, balanced, and fair. You only will believe what you've already determined you want to believe and anything different is lies, lies, lies. You are like arguing with a child.
November 30th, 2018 at 11:08:03 AM permalink
Evenbob
How do you know this?

'Only the atheist recognizes the boundless narcissism and self-deceit of the saved. Only the atheist realizes how morally objectionable it is for survivors of a catastrophe to believe themselves spared by a loving God, while this same God drowned infants in their cribs. Because he refuses to cloak the reality of the world’s suffering in a cloying fantasy of eternal life, the atheist feels in his bones just how precious life is — and, indeed, how unfortunate it is that millions of human beings suffer the most harrowing abridgments of their happiness for no good reason at all.' https://www.huffingtonpost.com/sam-harris/there-is-no-god-and-you-k_b_8459.html

One of the best definitions of Xtionity I've come across:

“Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish zombie who was his own father, can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree.” – Anonymous

Quote:
So you are claiming that you can't trust Wikipedia, but you can trust the sources for the information on Wiki comes from?

Maybe, maybe not. Doing research
is an art onto itself. It takes experience
and at least some knowledge of the
subject you're researching. Wiki is
a good place to start because it gives
you so many avenues to go down
with the footnotes it provides.