Simple question?

Thread Rating:

April 25th, 2019 at 11:05:40 AM permalink
FrGamble
Threads: 67
So quit bashing the Church all the time. You are so full of anti-Catholic propaganda that you're not really able to have a rational calm discussion about this important issue.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
April 25th, 2019 at 12:52:25 PM permalink
Evenbob
Threads: 146
Quote: FrGamble
You are so full of anti-Catholic propaganda truth

I fixed that sentence for you.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
April 25th, 2019 at 3:37:40 PM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: Evenbob
You are so full of anti-Catholic propaganda truth

I fixed that sentence for you.

No, you proved my point.
“It is with the smallest brushes that the artist paints the most exquisitely beautiful pictures.” (
May 12th, 2019 at 1:23:21 PM permalink
Evenbob
Has anyone seen "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs"? I thought it was awesome!

The Vatican pays for Nflix? So much the
poverty part of your vows..

Jesus looked at him and loved him. “One thing you lack,” he said. “Go, sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”.. Sell your possessions and give to the poor. Provide purses for yourselves that will not wear out, a treasure in heaven that will never fail

No Xtions I know do this or
anything close. Not even priests.
If you take a risk, you may lose. If you never take a risk, you will always lose.
May 12th, 2019 at 2:55:58 PM permalink
rxwine
Threads: 189
I'm curious of the most severe penance FrGamble has ever issued. Probably confidential, but I don't need details, just the general idea.

Like instead of 100 pushups, you could just indicate exercise for an hour. Or 100 hours of prayer.
You believe in an invisible god, and dismiss people who say they are trans? Really?
May 13th, 2019 at 7:37:07 AM permalink
FrGamble
Quote: rxwine
I'm curious of the most severe penance FrGamble has ever issued. Probably confidential, but I don't need details, just the general idea.

Like instead of 100 pushups, you could just indicate exercise for an hour. Or 100 hours of prayer.

I'm a believer that the penance need not be difficult. The real penance is the pain and hurt that results from sinning. Christ desires our freedom and He rejoices when a sinner repented. A penance therefore should be something that continues the healing begun by confession and something to express to the Lord how grateful we are for His loving forgiveness. That said you can imagine my biggest penances usually were given to prisioners, they have the time and desire to do bigger penance.
May 13th, 2019 at 10:41:06 AM permalink
Evenbob
I'm a believer that the penance need not be difficult. The real penance is the pain and hurt that results from sinning.

LOL! I've never experienced one minute of
pain from 'sinning' because it doesn't
exist. I can't offend a god that doesn't
exist. Neither can you, but you got sucked
into the god game as a child and have
no idea how to escape. Oh well..
May 13th, 2019 at 1:59:36 PM permalink
FrGamble
LOL! I've never experienced one minute of
pain from 'sinning'

Oh Bob, I know you have - we all have.
May 13th, 2019 at 3:11:14 PM permalink
Evenbob
Oh Bob, I know you have - we all have.

When was it, I missed it. I've never
believed in sin, ever. I was raised
religion neutral, I didn't even know
what sin was till I was an adult. It
seemed so silly that I could offend
a god with my actions, it would be
the ultimate ego trip. Look at me,
I'm pissing a god off, little old me.

It's ridiculous.
May 13th, 2019 at 3:50:59 PM permalink
FrGamble
When was it, I missed it. I've never
believed in sin, ever. I was raised
religion neutral, I didn't even know
what sin was till I was an adult. It
seemed so silly that I could offend
a god with my actions, it would be
the ultimate ego trip. Look at me,
I'm pissing a god off, little old me.

It's ridiculous.

If God loved you enough you could surely offend Him and guess what God does love you that much. Loves you so much He will always forgive you as well.

In regards to sin, just think back a few minutes ago to one of your offensive posts or something else in your life that made you feel bad and you will have a better understanding of sin.